Other Games 21/22

whelk

2 minutes ago, Micky said:

Nice cup of coffee and half an hour on The Grand Old Team before bed methinks.

I don’t know where to start!!!

The match thread, the Lampard thread or the new stadium discussion thread? :D 

6 minutes ago, trousers said:

20220406_214055.jpg

20220406_214100.jpg

20220406_214122.jpg

20220406_214126.jpg

That looks a horrible run of games for Everton - you can see the way Liverpool are playing they could really open the taps on them. 
Burnley might not be everyone’s cup of tea (although they were on here tonight) they could dig their way out of this, Watford are the joker in the pack as Roy seems to have given them a bit of steel

Leeds and Newcastle just have to make sure they don’t do anything silly

Not that I want Liverpool to, far from it, but if Liverpool win the quadruple and Everton get relegated, Anfield will probably be empty next season, they’ll have nothing left to hope for :lol: 

As annoying as it would be for the rest of us anywhere within a three county radius of a Liverpool fan, imagine what it’d be like for Everton fans if that happens…

When Benitez left Everton they were 7 points off relegation with 2 games in hand. Now they have no games in hand and are 1 point off. Maybe Benitez wasn't as bad as certain muppets on here liked to insist. Perhaps the squad may have been the problem...

• Haha 2

Just now, SaintBobby said:

Anyone else veering dangerously close to the “I hope Burnley beat Saints” vibe?

Not in the slightest.

I can see myself being slightly less annoyed than usual if we don’t get a result against them, however…

4 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Did you not check both clubs xg and calmly see that exact scenario play out?

xG doesn't predict things perfectly, obviously, it's just a tool to help understand the game. You'd think someone like you would appreciate that, given you need all the help you can get.

You noticed how Everton have done post Benitez? Maybe when you blamed him you were full of shit? Would take a level of self reflection I don't think you are capable of to admit that though.

Edited by TWar

4 minutes ago, TWar said:

xG doesn't predict things perfectly, obviously, it's just a tool to help understand the game. You'd think someone like you would appreciate that, given you need all the help you can get.

You noticed how Everton have done post Benitez? Maybe when you blamed him you were full of shit? Would take a level of self reflection I don't think you are capable of to admit that though.

Yes I read your first post on it, making the same point In two posts still doesn’t make you right 

Edited by Turkish

Just now, Turkish said:

I laughed pal, you can see the emoji. It’s something Many do at your posts a lot. 

Given Everton are doing marketly worse after Benitez, does this in any way give you cause to reassess your verdict on Benitez?

Or is the best you can do an emoji?

3 minutes ago, Turkish said:

No and no

That's what I thought. Very stubborn or very simple? Probably both, your takes on the MLT thread confirm the latter, that's for sure.

Edited by TWar

2 minutes ago, TWar said:

That's what I thought. Very stubborn or very simple? Probably both, your takes on the MLT thread confirm the latter, that's for sure.

That’s hilarious coming from you, the guy that stubbornly or simply carried on arguing Hassenhuttl was right even when he said he was wrong 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Just now, Turkish said:

That’s hilarious coming from you, the guy that stubbornly or simply carried on arguing Hassenhuttl was right even when he said he was wrong 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Can I not disagree with the manager? Either way, it's embarrassing arguing with you, the cringey emojis and reaction gifs come out and it's like being on your aunties facebook page. If you can't see that Everton were better off with Benitez than after him I don't know what to tell you anyway.

6 minutes ago, OttawaSaint said:

Tell you what though, I'm on fire at 5-a-side at the moment. Every time I get into position I just quickly calculate the xg and then alter my power or angle. I'm unstoppable!

What does this even mean?

3 minutes ago, OttawaSaint said:

It means that I missed my chance, had I known this 29 years ago I could be banging them in for Everton right now. Actually, phew!

What? Are you trying to make points?

Just now, OttawaSaint said:

Well I don't drink but I guess it could be juice!

That's odd, most of the time I've had conversations like this the other guy has been atleast a few pints deep. Maybe you are just high on life, and the prospect of Everton getting relegated.

1 hour ago, Saint-Reece said:

I still can’t believe they paid £40m for Iwobi. 😂😳

Yeah. And how about Dele Alli? Has he actually started a game for them yet. On the bench again tonight and not even called upon in their hour of need. Wasn't that another £40m as well? Has to be the worst bit of business this season.

55 minutes ago, SaintBobby said:

For those of a betting disposition, Everton and Burnley are now both around evens to be relegated. https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/relegation

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/soccer-predictions/premier-league/

The 538 sim still has Everton (marginally) more likely than not to stay up.

They are more likely to go down than Burnley, and one of the three most likely to go down now though.

Leeds still have a decent chance of going down and ruining any bet that’s hedged between Everton and Burnley.

1 hour ago, Saint Keef said:

Yeah. And how about Dele Alli? Has he actually started a game for them yet. On the bench again tonight and not even called upon in their hour of need. Wasn't that another £40m as well? Has to be the worst bit of business this season.

I was one of those who thought Ali CDAJFU. I got it horribly wrong. 😆 

3 minutes ago, OttawaSaint said:

Given your location I think we can forgive you for being influenced by a diet of Hockey - influencing you to consider who you could get 2 minute stints of productive ice time out of and be good at changing efficiently on the fly - 😜😜

• Haha 1

Jesus it would be good to see the dugouts go down. Almost starting to believe it could happen.

Also refs need to start paying more attention to piss taking penalty takers. The maintain momentum thing is ridiculous. Richarlison literally stopped and took a step backwards when taking the second one.

3 hours ago, OttawaSaint said:

Well yeah, I think I thought the same at the time as did quite a few on here I believe. To be fair, there were those on here though who said they wouldn't touch him with a barge pole and it looks like they have been proven right. Well done guys! I hadn't realised just how poor he'd become. One wonders if there are other issues involved with him. You don't go from being a pretty damn good player at one point to relatively suddenly, becoming a player that can't even be brought off the bench at relegation threatened Everton. Another terrible signing by those making the decisions at Everton. Spurs must be laughing their socks off. Had Lampard taken charge when they signed him? If so, I would imagine he had a large say in the matter.

I'd just like to say a big thank you to Burnley for injecting the remainder of the season with some much needed excitement. I thought the bottom teams were all going to lose their way to the final game, but lasts night result will surely have just put a rocket up all of their arses!

Lets hope Burnley win the next one to really ramp up the pressure on Everton. To add to the hilarity, they will sack Frank as soon as they dip beneath the line. 

We weren't allowed Newcastle, but Everton is still on the table. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, LiberalCommunist said:

I'd just like to say a big thank you to Burnley for injecting the remainder of the season with some much needed excitement. I thought the bottom teams were all going to lose their way to the final game, but lasts night result will surely have just put a rocket up all of their arses!

Lets hope Burnley win the next one to really ramp up the pressure on Everton. To add to the hilarity, they will sack Frank as soon as they dip beneath the line. 

100% what I was thinking, if Watford could beat Leeds at the weekend that would be good as well, sets it up for an interesting last few weeks bound to be some twists 

1 hour ago, LiberalCommunist said:

I'll take it, in fact more so because Newcastle would just buy their way out of the division and askew results for other teams, whereas I don't think Everton will have the financial clout without selling some stars. Always interesting to see a "big boy" go down because it makes next year's Championship even more interesting to see how they cope with life after relegation. Norwich, Watford and Burnley going down wouldn't be as intriguing.

I can't get onto Grand Old Team from my work computer (which has blocks) as it is now considered a malicious website. I've not had this trouble before last night so I wonder if it's been hacked! Toffeetalk will have to do then.

• Like 1

Whatever we do from now on we're finishing mid-table mediocrity.

Can we add weekly Everton matchday threads just so we can support the "Anyone but Everton" team that week and  add some end of season excitement to the forum.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2