Other Games 21/22

whelk

9 hours ago, Dark Munster said:

Balls 3 and 4 are going to be sizzling hot to the touch.

The draws are almost certainly fair, just due to the number of different people that do the draws, but I’d still be interested in seeing an infra-red camera feed of the draws :lol: 

This BS with stopping games for medical problems in the crowd has to stop. We’ve always let the St John’s guys deal with it in the past, that didn’t need to change. All that’s going to happen, if it isn’t already, is that clubs will abuse it tactically, like we do with our 60 minute ‘injuries’. Play a high intensity pressing game and then on 35 minutes, matey in block 12 goes down feeling a bit faint.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

This BS with stopping games for medical problems in the crowd has to stop. We’ve always let the St John’s guys deal with it in the past, that didn’t need to change. All that’s going to happen, if it isn’t already, is that clubs will abuse it tactically, like we do with our 60 minute ‘injuries’. Play a high intensity pressing game and then on 35 minutes, matey in block 12 goes down feeling a bit faint.

In my mind, I had a top team of pie eating supporters working with the medical team for co ordinated corinary decline and heart attacks on 60mins. But yeah, your way of faking it works too... 🙂

1 hour ago, Lighthouse said:

There was some kind of medical emergency in the Norwich game, back of the Kingsland. Happened in the first half but the game didn't stop.

Same at the start of the season when there was one in the Chapel after some bloke stacked it and smashed his head up pretty badly.

Not sure understand why it stops sometimes but not others? Is it only if it's heart related?

8 minutes ago, The Cat said:

There was some kind of medical emergency in the Norwich game, back of the Kingsland. Happened in the first half but the game didn't stop.

Same at the start of the season when there was one in the Chapel after some bloke stacked it and smashed his head up pretty badly.

Not sure understand why it stops sometimes but not others? Is it only if it's heart related?

I doubt it. Only the most expert of antivaxxers on Twitter are able to accurately diagnose heart problems that quickly, with just a cursory glance. I think this is just a thing that started when some fans managed to stop a game once, and it seems to have spread with no official protocol or directive. 

Anyone watch the post match show? It was refreshing to hear such brutal honesty from Keane and Neville, rare thing in these touchy-feely times. Micah Richards made an absolute  tit of himself and Jamie Redknapp was just talking words. Wish I’d had some popcorn to fully enjoy the experience!

33 minutes ago, Toussaint said:

Anyone watch the post match show? It was refreshing to hear such brutal honesty from Keane and Neville, rare thing in these touchy-feely times. Micah Richards made an absolute  tit of himself and Jamie Redknapp was just talking words. Wish I’d had some popcorn to fully enjoy the experience!

Keane is always good value with his views, he doesn't mince his words. Jamie is one of those computer-generated pundits who you can put on ITV. BBC, Sky and they'd say the same thing. Never too controversial and just go with what's popular at the moment.

Man Utd are full of awful players though. Not technically, but mentality wise they are just beyond shit. I must admit I never thought I'd see such a prolonged period of such a god awful Man Utd team, but it's fun viewing.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 1

I doubt it. Only the most expert of antivaxxers on Twitter are able to accurately diagnose heart problems that quickly, with just a cursory glance. I think this is just a thing that started when some fans managed to stop a game once, and it seems to have spread with no official protocol or directive. 

Correct,  this was discussed during the Manchester derby this afternoon (another short stoppage for an ailing fan) where they confirmed it was handled at the discretion of the referee, with no official directive in place.

4 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

I wonder what the threshold of a medical incident is. I think we need to test it. If we are under a bit of pressure at any time during Thursday's game against Newcastle, I shall start violently and uncontrollably sneezing everywhere and shouting "OH NO, I APPEAR TO BE GOING DOWN WITH A HEAVY COLD" and see if that brings a halt to the game.  Perhaps someone else could shout out "OUCH, MY VERRUCA IS REALLY PLAYING UP". We'll gradually increase the severity as the season rolls on.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Saint Keef said:

I wonder what the threshold of a medical incident is. I think we need to test it. If we are under a bit of pressure at any time during Thursday's game against Newcastle, I shall start violently and uncontrollably sneezing everywhere and shouting "OH NO, I APPEAR TO BE GOING DOWN WITH A HEAVY COLD" and see if that brings a halt to the game.  Perhaps someone else could shout out "OUCH, MY VERRUCA IS REALLY PLAYING UP". We'll gradually increase the severity as the season rolls on.

Do it! 

5 minutes ago, Saint Keef said:

I’m guessing it’s somewhere between erectile dysfunction and rabies but like you say, start small and work our way up.

27 minutes ago, Dorchester Saint said:

They are 4 places and 12 points better than us and are in the mix for a Champions League place….not sure what you mean!?

As in it's not so much of a surprise to see them lose 4-0 to anyone half decent. You kind of expect it these days.

35 minutes ago, Dr Who? said:

Do it! 

I shall. I'm in the Itchen corner with Chapel. If however, on the off-chance I am having a heart attack, can you get help to me asap. Much obliged. 

33 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

I’m guessing it’s somewhere between erectile dysfunction and rabies but like you say, start small and work our way up.

I'm pleased to report I have neither of those. 😀 Week 2 will be "I've broken my thumb nail, below the nail bed and it's bloody sore when I do the washing up" and then Week 3 we'll really startle them "Bloody hell my hemorrhoids are killing me"......see how many medical staff run over for that one!

Credit to Saint Keef for not rising to "start small" in your reference to planning erectile dysfunction. Actually "not rising" wasn't the best choice of words there. 🙂

9 hours ago, Dorchester Saint said:

They are 4 places and 12 points better than us and are in the mix for a Champions League place….not sure what you mean!?

I think referring to them as a “crap team” is fully justified in the context of the bazillions they have spent and where they are. Think about the word “team”, they just aren’t a team, a few honest players in there but mostly prima Donna divas. I think Gary Neville was about to  inform us that certain players may have refused to play yesterday, unfortunately the buffoon Micah Richards cut him off before he could expand on what he was hinting at, Ragnick (sp?) alluded to something similar in the post match interview. I think crap “team” is a fair assessment 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LiberalCommunist said:

I'm looking forward to ref watch this morning. Should Ralph be bombing down the touchline to stop the opposition taking a throw in, or quickly retrieving the ball to set up a fast break......

Think carefully now Dermot, this is not a 90 second water break when a player is down injured. 

Yep. Should have been stopped by the ref as soon as he picked up the ball.

• Like 1

Feel as though both Everton and Leeds got their appointments wrong. Both needed one of the old merry go round relegation fighters. A second spell for Allardyce. It’s looking more and more likely as though it’s between them and Burnley for the final spot, and you’d back Dyche to come out on top. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Badger said:

Don’t see Burnley putting the points together.

Shame as otherwise the Championship clubs would be preparing for a visit to the home of where dugouts started 

They are only a point behind Everton, and they have a manager who has survived numerous relegation battles and knows how to grind out results. 

Not sure about the new guy at Leeds but they have enough goal threat to win games even if their defence is still crap. 

Everton are just a mess from front to back. At no point this season have they shown the slightest hint of quality or cohesion. Their attacking play is weak and too easy to defend against, their midfield is lightweight at best, and their back 4 is a shambles. 

People have been saying for months they are too good to go down, but they just aren't.