Most hated players in the Premier League

FarehamSaintJames

1 hour ago, whelk said:

Kurt Zouma anyone?

31 minutes ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

A complete piece of s*!*

Just seen this. What a massive c**t. You can tell a lot about someone's character by the way they treat animals. 

But he's apologised, and that is apparently enough for Moyes to pick him tonight. 

I f**king despise the moral bankruptcy of PL football sometimes. 

• Like 5

On 08/02/2022 at 21:14, FarehamSaintJames said:

Disliked Eleven (current players😞

(GK)

(RB), Zouma, (CB), (LB)

Xhaka, Maddison, Bruno Fernandes

Zaha, Cantwell, Barnes

Undecided on how to fit Grealish, Shelvey, Alli in this team unless I do a Garth Crooks and do a 1-6-3 formation. 😂

Son on the bench, dunno why I just think he’s a horrible little prick. Managed by Conte.

Edited by bpsaint

(GK)

(RB), Zouma, (CB), (LB)

Zaha, Cantwell, Barnes

Undecided on how to fit Grealish, Shelvey, Alli in this team unless I do a Garth Crooks and do a 1-6-3 formation. 😂

Emerson Royal at right back definitely, one of the worst cheats I've ever seen.

17 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Emerson Royal at right back definitely, one of the worst cheats I've ever seen.

One of the worst right backs I've ever seen in this league. We've done Spurs good and proper there by nicking KWP for £10m whilst they spent £35m on him.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

One of the worst right backs I've ever seen in this league. We've done Spurs good and proper there by nicking KWP for £10m whilst they spent £35m on him.

I dont see too many Spurs fans still claiming they got the better end of Hojbjerg v KWP transfer. The fella they brought on for the not so great Dane looks miles better and did more in 30 seconds than Hojbjerg did the entire game. Wont be long before he's bench warming reminiscing of the time when he was the best in the premier league at post humiliating defeat interview rallying calls.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Turkish said:

I dont see too many Spurs fans still claiming they got the better end of Hojbjerg v KWP transfer. The fella they brought on for the not so great Dane looks miles better and did more in 30 seconds than Hojbjerg did the entire game. Wont be long before he's bench warming reminiscing of the time when he was the best in the premier league at post humiliating defeat interview rallying calls.

Hoj was always mr average, good at waving his arms around but does lack ability. Put him in a team with lots of good players and he'll do alright turning the ball over for 90 mins, but make him an important part of a midfield with a lack of quality around him and you see the real Hoj.

Part of me thinks that Ralph is quietly content that he wanted to go as that allowed him to evolve the team a bit more. I'd struggle to see him our midfield nowadays, he's too passive and sideways.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Part of me thinks that Ralph is quietly content that he wanted to go as that allowed him to evolve the team a bit more. I'd struggle to see him our midfield nowadays, he's too passive and sideways.

Hojberg couldn’t even get in the team before he left, JWP and Romeu kept him out on form alone, they were brilliant in the post lockdown games.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Crab Lungs said:

Hojberg is and always has been muck. Utter abomination of a footballer, along with Vestergaard, Hoedt etc. 

One of my least favourite players of our Liebherr era. Gave the impression he was all blood and thunder and leave it all out on the field for the team, but actually used to jog back whilst runners bypassed him, passed responsibility to others and his ability was very limited. Still can’t think of a worse performance than home to Inter under Puel, he looked like he’d won a raffle to be on the pitch that night. Glad he’s Spurs’ problem now.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, saintwbu said:

One of my least favourite players of our Liebherr era. Gave the impression he was all blood and thunder and leave it all out on the field for the team, but actually used to jog back whilst runners bypassed him, passed responsibility to others and his ability was very limited. Still can’t think of a worse performance than home to Inter under Puel, he looked like he’d won a raffle to be on the pitch that night. Glad he’s Spurs’ problem now.

That’s exactly why I disliked him. Reality was he was an absolute bottlejob masquerading as a leader of men… and people legitimately fell for it.

and he was utter, utter cr4p with massive ideas above his station, like the aforementioned.

4 minutes ago, Crab Lungs said:

That’s exactly why I disliked him. Reality was he was an absolute bottlejob masquerading as a leader of men… and people legitimately fell for it.

and he was utter, utter cr4p with massive ideas above his station, like the aforementioned.

Constantly being Mr Big by fronting up and saying they needed to do more, dig in, be brave etc etc, then played no different and did no more on the pitch. All talk and glad he’s not here any more. Compare to Romeu who just quietly goes about being a beast week after week, month after month and year after year 

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Crab Lungs said:

Hojberg is and always has been muck. Utter abomination of a footballer, along with Vestergaard, Hoedt etc. 

funnily enough i was just talking about him this morning, some local Leeds fan going on about how i must have a nosebleed (like Leeds are so great) especially as we've sold all our best player lately, like Vestergaard and Hojbjerg 😂 He was most surprised when i told him both of them we're shite and we couldn't believe our luck to get £15m each for them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I've got a new name for the list.....

Emerson Royale.

I've only paid attention to this guy twice this season. But in both games he was a disgrace.

He's one of those players who goes down screaming like a bitch with minimal contact. 

And the next moment puts in a real cynical challenge and looks all innocent. 

I think he has potential to annoy a lot of fans over the coming weeks.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LiberalCommunist said:

I've got a new name for the list.....

Emerson Royale.

I've only paid attention to this guy twice this season. But in both games he was a disgrace.

He's one of those players who goes down screaming like a bitch with minimal contact. 

And the next moment puts in a real cynical challenge and looks all innocent. 

I think he has potential to annoy a lot of fans over the coming weeks.

And, based on his performance on Wednesday night, cost Spurs a lot of goals. He's not all bad... 😂

• Haha 1

Can't agree with those putting Wilf Zaha in, I really like him and he's so talented - think most of us would have him in our team ahead of Redmond despite his improvement this season!!

There are a few obvious ones that have been mentioned but I'd add Maguire and Luke Shaw (that may be unpopular on here but sorry, I just don't like him).  Think those two are so overhyped (because they are English I guess), Foden is another who everyone raves about but I think he could be another idiot like his mate!  Hope I'm wrong.

One I would definitely have in the eleven who has not been mentioned is Azpilicueta - I'm sure he's a very nice guy off the pitch but one of the most annoying on the pitch - he winds me up every time I see him on a live game!! 

For anyone in any doubt, just watch him especially when Chelsea are a goal up with about 20 minutes to go - he takes an age taking a throw in and does that "pretend pointing" while looking at the ref as if to say "do I take it from here" then proceeds to hold on to the ball for a few more seconds before then walking forward a few yards then walking back to where he was initially standing having still not bothered to actually throw the ball into play!!  Oh and for good measure, watch him run around the ref every time someone even breathes on him or one of his team mates with this scowled expression like he's about to cry!!  Plus he is just one of those cynical tug the shirt players every game too and seems to get away with it!

(GK)

(RB), Zouma, (CB), (LB)

Zaha, Cantwell, Barnes

How can anyone have Zouma in but not Greenwood.

3 hours ago, Baird of the land said:

How can anyone have Zouma in but not Greenwood.

In my defence I completely forgot Greenwood. Regardless of whether he is to be found guilty or not - he always pissed me off when watching him play.

A bit like Zaha, permanently a whiny, crying expression on his face like the whole world is against him. (Although now everyone rightly is )!

41 minutes ago, DarrenLeTiss said:

Souness just let rip on Zouma. Well done Graeme for speaking out about him.

I was really pleased to hear him speak up about it. His weight of opinion as an ex player and manager was a heck of a lot more convincing than the jellies he was sitting beside. Puts into context all the "footballing" guff Moyes came out with.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 21/06/2022 at 20:37, whelk said:

Jack Grealish is a good lad

He is quite a character and there aren't many in the game today. He reminds me of Stan Bowles. He has a lot of fun when he's out there on the pitch and he doesn't take himself too seriously.  When he was on the receiving end of some abuse from someone in the crowd at St Mary's, he found it quite amusing and turned round and laughed. Also his faux outrage when JWP tried to copy one of his rag doll flops to the ground after Grealish himself had won several free-kicks with them was clearly very tongue in cheek.

Edited by Nordic Saint

1 hour ago, steve green said:

Some of the best boos I've heard at a footy match. Even if half of us didn't remember why :)

Indeed. He was seriously involved in getting Ossie sent off at the away game at Blackburn in the promotion season. The dogs abuse he got at The Dell later on in the season was brilliant, and stayed with him in his Everton days. Oh, in answer to thread, I forgot about Adrian Heath