Most hated players in the Premier League

FarehamSaintJames

5 hours ago, Turkish said:

On a related note Not really sure why Lukaku is getting so much grief. Unless I’ve missed something he hasn’t said anything wrong, he wanted a new contract at Inter they wouldn’t give him one so he left, if they had he would have stayed. So what? It seems to have got people all upset. 

His whinging was about Chelsea : not playing because he was injured and ill , moaning about Tuchel’s system that means he has to put in a bit of effort to score. A prick that wants to go “home “ to Italy . What’s not to hate .

Edited by East Kent Saint

Salah was my most detested player for collapsing like a sack of potatoes in the penalty area , he has refined his act to fall full length at the slightest touch which looks slightly more convincing . Unfortunately his skill is so Messi like I have to admire his ability. Ronaldo will remain irritating regardless.

Edited by East Kent Saint
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, rallyboy said:

A good point about John Terry, because even if you gave the shithouse award to someone else he'd still turn up in the photos.

Terry must have a dual personality, I met him at Cobham a few times (his kids were in the same team as my grandson and he did a bit of coaching) !

He was polite, relaxed, not the slightest bit arrogant and the diametric opposite of his perceived public persona !

I guess that might apply to others but I take people as I find them and am happy to pass this on...

1 hour ago, East Kent Saint said:

His whinging was about Chelsea : not playing because he was injured and ill , moaning about Tuchel’s system that means he has to put in a bit of effort to score. A prick that wants to go “home “ to Italy . What’s not to hate .

Ah fair enough I hadn’t see that. Get bored reading the latest player or manager whinging so tend not to listen to much of it 

I don't really hate anyone other than the opposition during the 90 minutes we are playing, in which case all their players become ****s.

Only on the pitch does the other team rile me up, e.g. diving/timewasting/dirty challenge/when opposition players crowd the ref/other football shithousery... 

But that's the nature of football I suppose. Things have changed a lot now since the 1990s, there isn't really pantomime villains anymore and really many top players are now best mates off the pitch, including after heated Manchester/London derbies etc etc

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eurosaint said:

Terry must have a dual personality, I met him at Cobham a few times (his kids were in the same team as my grandson and he did a bit of coaching) !

He was polite, relaxed, not the slightest bit arrogant and the diametric opposite of his perceived public persona !

I guess that might apply to others but I take people as I find them and am happy to pass this on...

He was a yob , pleased to hear he matured !

Interesting challenge can I put a whole team together?

In goal Jordan Pickford for that and many other moments when he has a rush of blood to the head.

Backline would include Micheal Keen for a really bad tackle on Jake Hesketh when Keen played for Burnley, Ben Chilwell for roughing up Jan Valery.

Midfield Jack Wilshere for getting Jack Stephens sent off.

Attack Jamie Vardy for many things but including the stamp on VVD.

• Like 1

For me, Zaha is the obvious choice, he is always fouled in his opinion, he dives and is a nasty niggly shit who can not believe any ref would dare book him, always nice to read he has had a red! Other candidates , Vardy (nasty shit on the pitch), Ferandez  diving complaining niggly shit as well, in fact I could go on and on. So had better stop now

• Like 1

Harry Maguire. Thinks he is God's gift, remember his Greek holiday bust-up and 'don't you know who I am?' to police. Full of himself because he's captain of a crappy team who paid a stupid amount of money for him. A legend in his own mind. Everlasting coming out on post-match interviews and saying how he must do better, have a look at himself...............Yeah, yeah. Can't abide him. 

• Like 4

19 hours ago, HnycS said:

Interesting challenge can I put a whole team together?

In goal Jordan Pickford for that and many other moments when he has a rush of blood to the head.

Backline would include Micheal Keen for a really bad tackle on Jake Hesketh when Keen played for Burnley, Ben Chilwell for roughing up Jan Valery.

Midfield Jack Wilshere for getting Jack Stephens sent off.

Attack Jamie Vardy for many things but including the stamp on VVD.

You've just released my anger with one post, although I'm glad to see the back of Eric Lamela (for most of the above crimes).

but I would add Jack Grealish for pretending to be a footballer .... and Kevin de Bryne because he's such a good one. 

5 hours ago, david in sweden said:

You've just released my anger with one post, although I'm glad to see the back of Eric Lamela (for most of the above crimes).

but I would add Jack Grealish for pretending to be a footballer .... and Kevin de Bryne because he's such a good one. 

Yep I think that is my forward line Grealish, Vardy, Zaha, would be shit show every game but fun to watch?

So for the most hated XI we have:

Pickford

Digne (new entry for studding KWP and then moaning about the red card)

Michael Keene

Maguire

Matt Ritchie out of position at RB

Mark Noble

Shelvey (remember him massively over celebrating a goal for Liverpool U23's at St Mary's)

Fernandez

Zaha

Vardy

Kane

Subs: Maupay, Ashley Barnes, Grealish.

Pretty good team if not slightly pedestrian in midfield.

• Haha 1

On 03/01/2022 at 15:02, eurosaint said:

I met John Terry at a launch event for one of the PES games (I worked in the games media for years). Fucking prick. A thick yob.

Everyone's right in picking out Fernandez. Colossal, whiny twat. Just got one of those faces you want to slap, right? Vardy can do one, too. I agree with the poster above - every part of me wants to hate Ronaldo, but sadly I'm forced to respect him for his achievements, ability and work ethic. Zaha, too, is a comedy villain.

As for older players, I'm surprised the vile Ryan Giggs hasn't been mentioned (unless I missed it). I would also have named Gary Neville had you asked me a few years back, but I shall admit that he's won me around.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ralph Fastenbüttl said:

I met John Terry at a launch event for one of the PES games (I worked in the games media for years). Fucking prick. A thick yob.

Everyone's right in picking out Fernandez. Colossal, whiny twat. Just got one of those faces you want to slap, right? Vardy can do one, too. I agree with the poster above - every part of me wants to hate Ronaldo, but sadly I'm forced to respect him for his achievements, ability and work ethic. Zaha, too, is a comedy villain.

As for older players, I'm surprised the vile Ryan Giggs hasn't been mentioned (unless I missed it). I would also have named Gary Neville had you asked me a few years back, but I shall admit that he's won me around.

As I said in my post, you take people as you find them and I was surprised as to how pleasant he was as well as being very good with the kids !!

Most Spurs players but especially Son and that Emerson Royal fella. Also, Scott McTominy. The thing they all have in common is that they dive at the slightest touch and roll around like they’ve been sniped. Cannot abide cheats like that

1 hour ago, Saint in Paradise said:

To slightly alter the thread how many of these "hated" chaps would you still hate IF they suddenly became Saints players?

Always hated Mark Hughes and David Speedie. Nothing they ever did in a Saints shirt changed my opinion of them. 

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, VectisSaint said:

Had forgotten until yesterday how much of a turd Pretty Boy Girlish is.

You tube him signing his boots and giving them to a young boy after the Euros final. I changed my mind on him there and then.

I will do it for you:

Jack Grealish gives young boy his boots after England defeat to Italy in the Euros final! CLASSS!! - YouTube

Edited by Sergei Gotsmanov

THe only players I can say I actually hate are Lallana and Van Dick, and would lose zero sleep if their careers were ended tomorrow.

Other than that Vardy and Grealish are two that its hard to like, but you would have them both in your team if offered.

Hate is a very strong emotion especially as i'm sure no-one mentioned had done anybody personal harm

Cannot understand why you would hate somebody for advancing their career and earning shedloads more money for themselves and their family.

Many are probably arrogant and uncaring and earn ludicrous sums for kicking a ball about.

But so do bankers and they impoverished most of us  in the 2008 financial crisis which was brought about by criminal greed which went unpunished.

It would more interesting to find out who did the most good. I read that Sadio Mane doesn't like flash and gives millions to charity in his home country where he was very poor as a youngster.

However I think it's ok to loathe a club rather than a person.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sarnia Cherie said:

You can add Mason Greenwood to that list. Hope they lock him up with Mendy and throw away the key. Scumbags, both of them.

Add Sygurdson to that list too. Chester Prison are going to have a seriously good football team . 

On 23/01/2022 at 20:39, cambsaint said:

Hate is a very strong emotion especially as i'm sure no-one mentioned had done anybody personal harm

Cannot understand why you would hate somebody for advancing their career and earning shedloads more money for themselves and their family.

Many are probably arrogant and uncaring and earn ludicrous sums for kicking a ball about.

But so do bankers and they impoverished most of us  in the 2008 financial crisis which was brought about by criminal greed which went unpunished.

It would more interesting to find out who did the most good. I read that Sadio Mane doesn't like flash and gives millions to charity in his home country where he was very poor as a youngster.

However I think it's ok to loathe a club rather than a person.

Roy Keane did a lot of personal harm to several inc that guy Haarland (?) when he broke his leg deliberately, he should have gone to prison but he's become a legend and now a TV pundit. Don't think I hate him but I certainly dislike him, of course Fergie idolised him. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, redkeith said:

Add Sygurdson to that list too. Chester Prison are going to have a seriously good football team . 

Not to detract from the humour in any way, and I don't mean to be pedantic but the is no prison in Chester. Greenwood certainly doesn't live in Chester either. Chester is of course the ceremonial city of Cheshire , where many north west footballers do live, so whilst they may indeed have their day in court at Chester Magistrates / Crown Court, they would not be serving any time in Chester. There is a prison in Chester, Pennsylvania (I have just learned) so perhaps that is the cause of any confusion.  

On 01/02/2022 at 10:50, East Kent Saint said:

It’s so bad no one is prepared to talk about it .

I am curious as to why the finer details of this case haven’t leaked yet others have. Can only guess it’s far more complicated then just being caught fooling around with someone underage.