Summer 2022 Transfer Window

mcbendy

58 minutes ago, Saint Fan CaM said:

Difficult based on his service - let’s face it prices and salaries have rocketed these last 2-3 years. I would guess he’s on between £60k and £80k. Think he would possibly need to consider a salary cut to fit into our structure.

I was going to suggest that players don't take £30k a week pay cuts and will expect the selling clubs to make up the shortfall, but as he only has a year left, he might be advised to take a deal now, rather than disappear for another year and see his stock fall further(and wages). 

I would imagine West Ham will be linked, they always are, but maybe someone like Bournemouth who perhaps need a touch more quality on the ball in the middle. I bet Arsenal are demanding a considerable fee, but clubs ought to drive a hard bargain here as its just dead money (his wages) to them.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

Newcastle signing Alexander Isak for €75m..might be out the Ramos race if they were ever in it.

Now that's a fun signing. He looked amazing in the Euros. I really enjoyed watching him. I thought we were seeing the next Terry Henry  Not sure what went wrong last season though as he scored fuck all goals.

Ramos didn't feel like it would enhance Newcastle. In Wilson, they have their fox in the box. Isak offers a touch of quality. Ramos to Saints, Che to Everton then? 

45 minutes ago, The Left Back said:

Slightly older but Chris Wood? By that reckoning £30m is the right figure.

Good shout. There was that January relegation desperation though, which bumped the fee a fair bit. Mind you, Everton seem pretty desperate right now. If they are willing to spend £30m on Iwobi, then who knows what we can get out of them. 

3 minutes ago, saintwbu said:

I’m just waiting for some random European journalist to break a story out of nowhere that we’re about to sign a striker and it be announced on the OS within about an hour of the first tweet 🙏🏻

Bella Kotchap was the most out of nowhere I've seen at Saints in a long long time. 

AMN did not want to come to saints previously because we wanted to play him at full back and he fancies himself as a midfielder. Nothings changed. If he wishes he comes in as a starter RB - until tino is fit then thats going to be fun - but as a midfielder I'm not sure..  

2 minutes ago, gio1saints said:

AMN did not want to come to saints previously because we wanted to play him at full back and he fancies himself as a midfielder. Nothings changed. If he wishes he comes in as a starter RB - until tino is fit then thats going to be fun - but as a midfielder I'm not sure..  

i imagine that resolve could have weakened considering he hasn’t been blessed with playing time recently 

Just now, Saint Garrett said:

Most of our transfers are, which is why when stuff arrives in the media (i.e. Ramos) it's proably not true.

Agreed, I normally assume if it’s out in the public for a while then it’s not going to happen. 

1 minute ago, SuperSAINT said:

A very "saints" deal. If we lose Romeu or Diallo, he'd be a great replacement I think.  Not sure how much he would expect to play though, but gives us an option of 3 in the middle. I do wonder if we're planning for life without Prowsey if he goes next summer

2 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

A very "saints" deal. If we lose Romeu or Diallo, he'd be a great replacement I think.  Not sure how much he would expect to play though, but gives us an option of 3 in the middle. I do wonder if we're planning for life without Prowsey if he goes next summer

#Saintsy, Garrett.  FFS.

😁

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, stevy777_x said:

I d prefer Houssem Aouar

Is he available? Surely if he is, then some bigger clubs would be in for him. I know he was heavily linekd with Forest for €15m and then they signed Gibbs-White for £50m so something doesnt quite add up there.

Completely different type of player to Garner though.

2 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

Is he available? Surely if he is, then some bigger clubs would be in for him. I know he was heavily linekd with Forest for €15m and then they signed Gibbs-White for £50m so something doesnt quite add up there.

Completely different type of player to Garner though.

Aouar is a 6, who likes to pass vertically which is what Garner is too no?

1 hour ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

I still don’t think Che Adams will leave, and I don’t think Gonçalo Ramos will be coming.

I think we’re in for a winger and full-back back up now.

Do you think?  We've only 3 strikers on the books.  1 teenager, a bloke who makes Shane Long look prolific and then Adams, who has scored 4 goals in the last 4 days.

Semmens and co. would need sectioning if they sold him.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, northam soul said:

Time is our problem,with only a week or so left of the window it seems our current striker search is going down to the wire.

To then sell Che and convince another one to come could be very challenging.

Although it can’t end up a saga I guess with such a short space of time to do business.

Selling Che would mean we need another two 😬

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sfc4prem said:

Looks like he's as brittle as glass. I presume therefore that he is more Schneiderlin than Romeu?

Key thing is he must be better than Smallbone or he’d be doing the job and anyway, Lavia seems to be the Romeu replacement already. As someone else said, Garner may be in line to take over JWP’s role if he goes next summer. Having said that, I wonder if Garners ever played at full-back? #saintsy 😂

9 minutes ago, goodymatt said:

So that’s AMN and Garner where we have been reported to be favourites to sign them at some point. Would it be right to assume it’s one or the other? Perhaps Everton with the money incoming from Gordon can offer Garner a better package?

I guess AMN would cover multiple positions (RB, LB, CM) whereas Garner seems to be a no. 6. Maybe we're thinking more about versatility now?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ivan Katalinic's 'tache said:

I guess AMN would cover multiple positions (RB, LB, CM) whereas Garner seems to be a no. 6. Maybe we're thinking more about versatility now?

Agree…this would be a good signing I think and particularly if he offers that flex.

3 hours ago, The Left Back said:

Slightly older but Chris Wood? By that reckoning £30m is the right figure.

maitland-niles would be a good addition in my view. A decent midfielder, can play in either fullback position and loves to press.

cheeky bid from us for him

£10m?

3 minutes ago, Saint86 said:

I wouldn't be too concerned with the current squad's quality going into the season. Any further strengthening is a bonus though ofc.

We do need to shift some of the extra players however.

I would be, we are paper-thin on quality in the squad.  Hene why we are being linked with a handful of players and it has been put out there that we want to spend big on a striker

Edited by AlexLaw76
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

I would be, we are paper-thin on quality in the squad.  Hene why we are being linked with a handful of players and it has been put out there that we want to spend big on a striker

Sheesh, amen. Paper thin at FB, painfully low on creativity in attacking midfield and our only "proven" striker hits the keeper 9 times out of 10. Lavia, ABK and Bazunu look like good signings who are already settling in well, but they weren't so much strengthening the squad as plugging gaping bloody wounds in our first team.

• Like 2

It’s felt like AMN would be a good signing for a couple of seasons now, because we’ve always seemed to need another full back and another CM, and he’d potentially cover both. I don’t think it’ll happen, but i’d be happy with it.