Summer 2022 Transfer Window

mcbendy

48 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

What sort of player is he? I can't say I've ever looked into him that closely. 

Likewise. In the WBA game against us two seasons ago he ran the show. Great first touch and seemed to be everywhere. Nice passing and ability on the ball. But that's the only game I've watched him closely  really.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jimmy_D said:

Sounds like Leeds offered a bit more money to make them turn away our bid, and then Gakpo turned down Leeds?

Sounds unlikely the player will force the move to us, unlikely we’ll increase our offer, and unlikely that they’ll accept less money, but I guess the day’s not over just yet.

Trawling through Twitterland (yes, I know....) it looks like Van Gaal might have been the decisive factor... i.e. telling Gakpo that moving away from PSV now might jeopardise his chances of playing for the national side....

Edited by trousers

5 minutes ago, goodymatt said:

I guess he’s guaranteed a starting place in their 11 and isn’t in ours but it is frustrating that a newly promoted team can beat us to signings.

Leeds staying up by the skin of their teeth then outmuscling us for Gakpo in terms of transfer offer and wages. Having already signed a couple of big money players. Our sustainable model is risky but it’s how we roll.

Yeah. Gakpo & Caleta-Car is us dipping into the money-boys territory.

I think we’re clearly much more comfortable in the “you will get a chance” 18-21 bracket where less clubs can legit say that.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, trousers said:

Trawling through Twitterland (yes, I know....) it looks like Van Gaal might have been the decisive factor... i.e. telling Gakpo that moving away from PSV now might jeopardise his chances of playing for the national side....

Weird thing to say when he would be a starter for a premier league team. 

19 minutes ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

Wonder if we might look at Eddie Nketiah? Probably not going to get much of a look in at Arsenal. Although would have to be full transfer if we are already committed to AMN on loan.

Arsenal ain't letting him go. They need cover for Jesus. He's next man up.

2 minutes ago, trousers said:

He's got form for this, as his fingers were all over Man Utd's proposed move for Timber.

Never known an international manager get involved in players domestic situations before.

18 minutes ago, Jimmy_D said:

Sounds like Leeds offered a bit more money to make them turn away our bid, and then Gakpo turned down Leeds?

Sounds unlikely the player will force the move to us, unlikely we’ll increase our offer, and unlikely that they’ll accept less money, but I guess the day’s not over just yet.

Fucking Leeds! Dicks!

1 minute ago, S-Clarke said:

He's got form for this, as his fingers were all over Man Utd's proposed move for Timber.

Never known an international manager get involved in players domestic situations before.

Surprised there seemingly isn't some kind of FIFA law that's designed to prevent such interference. That said, if it's just seen as 'friendly advice' then not a lot anyone can do to stop it I guess.

2 minutes ago, Saint_Tony said:

all falling apart early.on. Clearly we won't be getting a striker in, and will still be left with Walcott and Redmond

Today’s the last day of the transfer window, it’s certainly not early on.

It’s not exactly falling apart either, we’ve got two more very promising players from City’s academy and Maitland-Niles coming in, and even if we don’t get anyone else today, it still looks like being one of our best transfer windows in years.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chez said:

Likewise. In the WBA game against us two seasons ago he ran the show. Great first touch and seemed to be everywhere. Nice passing and ability on the ball. But that's the only game I've watched him closely  really.

That's nor the yardstick to jusge a player by. Seem to recall Redmond scored against us for Norwich, which was enough to convince Les anyway.

Just now, skintsaint said:

Transfer window really sums up Twitter as a load of old bollox for made up shit.

It's awful isn't it? I never use twitter really, but just having an extra browse today it paints a very bad light on society really.

It's quite simply a cesspit. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ErwinK1961 said:

Interesting, I must be well out of touch with football as I thought he was one of their better players.

He came in quite highly rated, but was never massively rated by the Wolves fans. They saw him as a bit of a clogger, bit of a sideways, backwards, safe player. Nothing particularly special.

Just now, Bad Wolf said:

Hecking hell, how on Earth are we going to work that name into a chant/song?!

And anther note on this....another 3 namer. 

Shall we have a search around for attackers who have 3 names? Maybe this is actually our philosophy. A team of KWP, JWP, AMN, ABK, DCC

4 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

He came in quite highly rated, but was never massively rated by the Wolves fans. They saw him as a bit of a clogger, bit of a sideways, backwards, safe player. Nothing particularly special.

He always struck me as a similar sort of player to Eric Dier, not really good enough defensively as a centre-back, not particularly good enough attacking wise to be in midfield. 

Just now, Saint IQ said:

We have signed at least one player the medical was done last night. Unless it was a failed medical or it has been hijacked last minute..

One of ANM, Samuel Edozie or that young full back from City I imagine.

They all had medicals y/day.

• Like 1