Abromovich sanctioned - Chelsea fc

farawaysaint

1 minute ago, Toadhall Saint said:

Just got a text saying their wage bill is £28m per month! Only £16m in the bank. If that’s correct then they are fooked. 

🤣

Theres a few tweets going around from journalists saying that this could push them into administration. They’re losing money, and lots of it, and now have had almost all their revenue streams switched off.

9 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

🤣

Theres a few tweets going around from journalists saying that this could push them into administration. They’re losing money, and lots of it, and now have had almost all their revenue streams switched off.

Losses of over £900m during Abramovic’s tenure.

7 hours ago, Whitey Grandad said:

No changes then until contracts expire.  At which point they cannot replace them. I wonder how long this will last. 

I know it's a rhetorical question you ask but this situation will likely last for a very long time. It is hard to see any circumstances in which we in the West could return to business as usual with Russia. One solution may lie in the nationalisation of Russian assets in retaliation of the Russians nationalising western owned assets in Russia as they are threatening to do; then the subsequent sale of those assets to private sector buyers.

One things for certain if we survive the nuclear dust, the lawyers as usual will have a field day

1 hour ago, Toadhall Saint said:

Just got a text saying their wage bill is £28m per month! Only £16m in the bank. If that’s correct then they are fooked. 

There will definitely be major cash flow issues, their bankers will be having sleepless nights as previously they probably approved bank facilities secured with Abramovich collateral 

7 hours ago, TWar said:

Bit annoying it will prevent signings pre-Summer but will probably be able to deal after that. Was hoping Broja and/or Anjorin could have a deal organised in advance.

Surely doesn't stop deals being discussed? just cant confirm anything until the freeze is lifted. Could still agree a deal in principle for either I imagine. 

this may indicate they are in some trouble, and this dosen't take into account the latest sanctions, although the figures do seem to suggest some creative accounting :

https://companycheck.co.uk/company/01965149/CHELSEA-FOOTBALL-CLUB-LIMITED/financials

I know many would like them to fall, but as usual it's the "little people" who get fucked over, the non-playing staff, small businesses supplying the club and their employees etc, I speak form experience the taxman will be first in the queue, then the liquidators, then the 0.005p to the £1 to the rest, if anything.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kyle04 said:

this may indicate they are in some trouble, and this dosen't take into account the latest sanctions, although the figures do seem to suggest some creative accounting :

https://companycheck.co.uk/company/01965149/CHELSEA-FOOTBALL-CLUB-LIMITED/financials

I know many would like them to fall, but as usual it's the "little people" who get fucked over, the non-playing staff, small businesses supplying the club and their employees etc, I speak form experience the taxman will be first in the queue, then the liquidators, then the 0.005p to the £1 to the rest, if anything.

Absolutely, I used to supply Notarf Krap with all the false teeth it gave out to fans before every home game.

Bastards took me for £4.88 when they went squirt 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Food for thought

We could do ourselves , Chelsea , and Broja a massive favour.

Chelsea obviously skint, under current circumstances.

saints should offer to pay up Broja’s remaining 4 years Chelsea wages as a sweetener , in turn Chelsea could then agree to terminate his contract Mutually and release him as a free agent to Saints with a massive buy back clause

Broja then signs 4 year deal with Saints on Say £70k a week , so with the release we fee as well would equate to around £125k a week in wages.

we get Broja , Chelsea save on his wages, Broja probably happy

Edited by The Fat Controller

Fair points … until he says how happy he is with Liverpools owners.

Yep, your owners are far nicer Juergen. Especially when they were first in the queue for the furlough payments and the European super League.

Edited by Chewy
Typo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, The Fat Controller said:

Food for thought

We could do ourselves , Chelsea , and Broja a massive favour.

Chelsea obviously skint, under current circumstances.

saints should offer to pay up Broja’s remaining 4 years Chelsea wages as a sweetener , in turn Chelsea could then agree to terminate his contract Mutually and release him as a free agent to Saints with a massive buy back clause

Broja then signs 4 year deal with Saints on Say £70k a week , so with the release we fee as well would equate to around £125k a week in wages.

we get Broja , Chelsea save on his wages, Broja probably happy

That ‘sweetener’ amounts to a payment to Chelsea and effectively is the same as them selling his contract, I would have thought.

2 hours ago, Chewy said:

Fair points … until he says how happy he is with Liverpools owners.

Yep, your owners are far nicer Juergen. Especially when they were first in the queue for the furlough payments and the European super League.

As contemptible as their owners ( and others, think Glazers, Dildo Brothers, spurs, etc) may be it’s not quite in the same league as having close ties/relationships with murderous regimes though. 

2 minutes ago, Badger said:

As contemptible as their owners ( and others, think Glazers, Dildo Brothers, spurs, etc) may be it’s not quite in the same league as having close ties/relationships with murderous regimes though. 

Newcastles owner had a journalist tortured, murdered and chopped to pieces. Saudi have been committing war crimes in Yemen for years. 

I would say that’s a murderous regime, not even close ties either he IS the regime. Out of sight out of mind though eh? 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, RedArmy said:

Newcastles owner had a journalist tortured, murdered and chopped to pieces. Saudi have been committing war crimes in Yemen for years. 

I would say that’s a murderous regime, not even close ties either he IS the regime. Out of sight out of mind though eh? 

Which is why they should not have been allowed to buy NUFC . In the case of Abamovich he should have been blocked as well . I am in support of greater regulation of football clubs to ensure proper oversight of club ownership .

unfortunately the tories have their snout in the Russian trough , through donations , allowing ownership of newspapers , putting rich Russians on advisory committees etc . They also have allowed offshore companies to buy firms / properties in the uk etc

Saudi Arabia executed 81 people today …..

Edited by East Kent Saint
  • Like 2

On 14/03/2022 at 17:47, Weston Super Saint said:

Why do Abramovich pictures always look like he's having a surprise prostate examination?

spacer.png

Give him the choice of his current predicament and a surprise prostate examination, and I'm sure he'd welcome the latter.

I’m finding it very difficult to sympathise. They have loved their dirty money and steamroller approach to transfers for the past 20 years. It’s not the fans fault that their owner is/was a crook, but they have turned a conveniently blind eye to it for 2 decades. If you sow the wind… 

• Like 3

On 14/03/2022 at 17:47, Weston Super Saint said:

Why do Abramovich pictures always look like he's having a surprise prostate examination?

I thought he looks mildly amused in that picture (and others). You have got me wondering if prostate exams are actually a lot more fun than everyone's been letting on.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Koolman said:

If Chelsea is 'sold', does the money go to Abramovich if he is under sanction from the UK government? Just curious how it will work.

His assets are frozen, payment will probably be held in an account on his behalf until they are either unfrozen or formally seized by the British Government. 

I'd got my hopes up that Chelsea would suffer a bit but realistically they'll more likely end up with a new owner with even greater wealth. Being Champions league holders and World Club Champions located in the most prime property spot in London not going to be short of offers. 

Was hoping we could go back to the Chelsea of 1992, struggling in a crumbling Stamford Bridge they only got 9,000 attendance for our game there , those were the days. 

Edited by JRM

11 hours ago, JRM said:

Was hoping we could go back to the Chelsea of 1992, struggling in a crumbling Stamford Bridge they only got 9,000 attendance for our game there , those were the days. 

I remember going there to see them play the Busby Babes when there was a greyhound track around the pitch. 

Saw Graham baker score a worldy there in 1988 winning 0-1 our team was something like  

Burridge

forrest      Moore    Bond     Statham

baker       Case     Townsend   Le tiss

Wallace   Clarke 

remember walking through turnstiles in the away end then a path into a scaffolded falling down standing room only terrace ..cars parked behind the goal where the pitch had a bit of ground behind the goals at each end of Stamford bridge ! Lining up for Chelsea were the likes of pat nevin Kerry Dixon David speedie Nigel spackman to name a few .. they were sponsored by commodore then ..nothing club back then to where they are now .

Edited by Chris cooper