Saints 1-2 Liverpool - Match Thread

SuperSAINT

3 minutes ago, Mr X said:

There was no saving that rocket to be fair! 

Every keeper in the country lets goals in like that. Schmeichel, Pickford...they all do. We don't care about those goals though. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Surely we need to be better against a heavily changed side?

I get that all of these would start in our squad, but fuck me, we look terrified of them. 

• Like 1

Just now, qwertyell said:

Pretty tragic how much better Liverpool reserves are than our first team. We're not even trying to get on the front foot against them.

So much for our "champions league final".

I think we've played really well, and it we had the jolly green giant in goal still would probably still be winning.

• Confused 1

This is a Liverpool B team all over us at home where we have had 10 days off...

I am hating how passive we look, hardly even pressing.

Can only hope part of Ralph's plan to save some energy for the 2nd half but to do that we can't go in a goal or two down...

Also looking likely we will end up accumulating another 3 points to Ralph's "points dropped from winning positions" 

Just now, Saint_clark said:

I think we've played really well, and it we had the jolly green giant in goal still would probably still be winning.

We have been crap. Not sure where or why you think we have played “really well”

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Saint_clark said:

We’ve been dreadful. 26% possession highlights that. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, qwertyell said:

Pretty tragic how much better Liverpool reserves are than our first team. We're not even trying to get on the front foot against them.

So much for our "champions league final".

Their reserves being the likes of Konaté who was triple the price of anyone we’ve got on the pitch?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Chez said:

Every keeper in the country lets goals in like that. Schmeichel, Pickford...they all do. We don't care about those goals though. 

They all do sometimes, and sometimes they will save them as well. 

Macca lets them in every single time, without exception.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, hackedoff said:

Goal apart,this has been absolutely dire. This keeper and defence next season doesn't bear thinking about.

I can understand us dropping deep (its not like we have been playing well), but this Liverpool side ain't all that. We ought to have a bit more confidence in ourselves and push up a bit.

• Like 2

Just now, Lighthouse said:

Their reserves being the likes of Konaté who was triple the price of anyone we’ve got on the pitch?

Are you suggesting that our starting 11, who are motived like it’s a ‘champions league final’ (apparently), shouldn’t be very competitive against this Liverpool side? 

There are some teams that when they line up the way we have, wouldn't ever look like conceding. Atletico Madrid are obviously one of the best at it, but there are other PL teams who can manage it.

We look fragile/open, and only a matter of time.

Half time need Romeu to come on

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

We are so bad. Not even competitive 

like a league 1 side playing them in the cup and hoping for a set piece goal. Show some fuckign bollocks chaps. Get on the ball

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, nta786 said:

This is a Liverpool B team all over us at home where we have had 10 days off...

I am hating how passive we look, hardly even pressing.

Can only hope part of Ralph's plan to save some energy for the 2nd half but to do that we can't go in a goal or two down...

Also looking likely we will end up accumulating another 3 points to Ralph's "points dropped from winning positions" 

Liverpool B + a few C's.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 1-2 Liverpool - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic