Saints 1-2 Liverpool - Match Thread

SuperSAINT

Going to go with.... that’s a weird lineup.(and hope to have to eat humble pie after the game) I wanted to see tella play but not as a LB. pretty damning indictment of small signing. Not a fan of playing 5 at the back against Liverpool, thought Ralph admitted it was wrong last time we tried it against them.

Just now, Jeremy Corbyn said:

On reflection I think it's probably KWP at LWB and Tella at RWB, think we've done that before at some point this season?

That makes sense actually. Can't think who it was against, but Tella played as a kind of auxillary RWB with the right CB shifting over to RB a lot. It worked as well. 

1 minute ago, danjosaint said:

Standard 442/4222 then, Salisu at Lb, luckily they've gone weaker than normal or else it would've been embarrassing,  Ralph really is a clueless prick 

Don’t forget he’s had 10 days to think about this, the longer he has to think the mire bizarre it becomes!

12 minutes ago, Baird of the land said:

Going to go with.... that’s a weird lineup.(and hope to have to eat humble pie after the game) I wanted to see tella play but not as a LB. pretty damning indictment of small signing. Not a fan of playing 5 at the back against Liverpool, thought Ralph admitted it was wrong last time we tried it against them.

wasn't that admittance of selection error more to do with playing three up front, than the five at the back? 

Small ain't up to it yet. Still incredibly young, but I got terrible Ramsey vibes when I saw him in that Cov game. Neither CB nor fullback.

Is Perraud injured?  EDIT: yes. Sounds nasty. Good time to happen though. Can get it right for next season. Just shows how thin we really are at full back.

Edited by Chez

1 minute ago, Matthew Le God said:

What would you have done differently considering the injuries?

It’s the inconsistency though isn’t it. Take Stephens…..please take him…..but he hasn’t even regularly featured on the bench since that City cup game, then tonight, hey presto, he’s back in yet Valery, who the manager has preferred and is no worse than Stephens, stays on the bench. Why? 

1 minute ago, Chez said:

wasn't that admittance of selection error more to do with playing three up front, than the five at the back? 

Small ain't up to it yet. Still incredibly young, but I got terrible Ramsey vibes when I saw him in that Cov game. Neither CB nor fullback.

Is Perraud injured? 

Maybe it was me thinking Ralph was sensible to admit playing 5at the back versus Liverpool was stupid.

Yeah thought small was poor in Cov game. If that’s his ability level it’s an indictment of our scouting.

Yeah leg fracture apparently

19 minutes ago, egg said:

That makes sense actually. Can't think who it was against, but Tella played as a kind of auxillary RWB with the right CB shifting over to RB a lot. It worked as well. 

Pretty sure it was Brentford at home 

9 minutes ago, JRM said:

I thought Minamino was lightweight last season , shoots like he's wearing slippers, so probably a hat trick for him tonight 

except for that Exocet missile at Newcastle

1 minute ago, CB Fry said:

Remember this is our Champions League final are we are, like, so up for it. Ralph said.

He's really set himself up to fail here, we should be putting in the type of performance we saw V City, United and Spurs away this season. 

1 minute ago, CB Fry said:

Remember this is our Champions League final are we are, like, so up for it. Ralph said.

Yep. We have therefore filled the side with a few of our own Jimi Traore. 

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 1-2 Liverpool - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic