Pre Season 22/23

EBS1980

5 minutes ago, warwicksaint said:

Very confused why Bazunu isn’t even on the bench. What is the point in playing Lis if he won’t even be backup?

Presumably they want to take a look at all keeper options in a game situation.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, warwicksaint said:

Could be a back 3 or back 4 (although listed as a back 5!)

Interesting to see how Edwards does, always seemed to be a right sided 10 for the B team so will be interesting to see if they use him at wing back today

I do think it is important to see everyone and for them all to get fitness, but as pre-season draws on I would like to see closer to a first 11 play together, and this is definitely not it!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Suhari said:

Presumably they want to take a look at all keeper options in a game situation.

Then let’s just play Bazunu and lis given that we’ve seen McCarthy being shite for the last 3 years 

Edited by warwicksaint
  • Haha 3

Anyone considered Bazunu may have a knock or something? Some of the reactions on here are bizarre for a pre season friendly against a 2nd (3rd?) Tier Austrian team. But nothing compared to the fuckwits on Twitter. Funny no one seems bothered that Willy is not on the bench either.

Edited by VectisSaint
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, VectisSaint said:

Anyone considered Bazunu may have a knock or something? Some of the reactions on here are bizarre for a pre season friendly against a 2nd (3rd?) Tier Austrian team. But nothing compared to the fuckwits on Twitter.

They're in the top division in Austria, but yeah it's only pre season and he's obviously got a knock or something or he'd be involved. 

14 minutes ago, VectisSaint said:

Anyone considered Bazunu may have a knock or something? Some of the reactions on here are bizarre for a pre season friendly against a 2nd (3rd?) Tier Austrian team. But nothing compared to the fuckwits on Twitter. Funny no one seems bothered that Willy is not on the bench either.

They’re also in the top division of Austria’s league and finished 6th last year so hardly 3rd tier

Edited by warwicksaint

10 minutes ago, alpine_saint said:

Wow. I turned up for this line-up ???

Just now, JRM said:

Looks an absolutely terrible line up that on paper, maybe we're saving ourselves for Watford at the weekend 

It is early in pre-season, we played on Saturday with one XI getting 60 minutes and the other getting 45 minutes. Looks like they are simply switching them round and we may also see the more established played in mass changes later.

What else were you expecting from a pre-season game at this stage of the summer?

Given that we’ve chosen our preseason routine, who we play against and which team we put out, I’ve no idea why people would be alarmed or disappointed by this. Is clearly all part of the preparation plan, it’s only been two months since we were playing regular football. It’s not as if we have 17 broken legs to recover from.

New home kit reminds me of the one Saints wore in the last season at the Dell, but obviously this has a plain back whereas that had a stripe either side. Half expecting Kachloul, Dodd or Pahars to pop up. I suppose Smallbone could be Marsden.

Just now, Ed Rooney said:

Not reading too much into individual performances, but if this is the shape we plan to play…. Fuck me it’s gonna be a long season 

I was thinking that! We’ll concede tons of goals with this system.

Diallo hits the bar, nice move, should score there.

• Like 1

Just now, Matthew Le God said:

I doubt we'll be starting many PL matches with Small and Edwards as our wingbacks and Valery, Lyanco and Stephens as centre backs together.

it is the system he plays.  Completely surrendering the middle of the park.  He wont last till xmas, I doubt

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, saint1977 said:

New home kit reminds me of the one Saints wore in the last season at the Dell, but obviously this has a plain back whereas that had a stripe either side. Half expecting Kachloul, Dodd or Pahars to pop up. I suppose Smallbone could be Marsden.

Wishful thinking. 

(Any of those you mention would improve our team).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Matthew Le God said:

I doubt we'll be starting many PL matches with Small and Edwards as our wingbacks and Valery, Lyanco and Stephens as centre backs together.

It’s not the players, it’s how far up the field the wing backs are. Seems very deliberate of the system itself, I’m not criticising the players (though Thierry Small is a bit out his depth just now, needs time to develop).

• Like 1