Well, it definitely won't be Suella Braverman and the rebirth of the Conservative Party

CB Fry

Saints Web Tory Leadership Vote  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Saints Web Tory Leadership Vote

• Sunak
    • Mordaunt
    • Truss
    • Badenoch
    • Tugendhat
    • Braverman

1 hour ago, trousers said:

Mordaunt's going to win this. You heard it here first...

Screenshot_20220713-170540-347.png

Seems likely if she gets to the final round.  For the life of me I can't think why she's so popular with them though - I don't think I can recall ever hearing her speak and I watch a fair bit of news.  Is it because she was on celebrity reality show?

I don’t think Sunak will win as he won’t have media support (I.e. the express and the mail), so it’s whoever gets to face him in the final two.  Have to agree I’ve never seen Mordaunt speak - maybe that’s her advantage though given how dense so many senior tories seem to be at the moment… people assume she must be vaguely competent as they’ve never heard from her!

• Like 1

On 13/07/2022 at 18:52, Barsiem said:

people assume she must be vaguely competent as they’ve never heard from her!

Sadly its not much more than that imo. Simply not being seen to be tainted by the past is enough. Not exactly compelling. 

Edited by buctootim
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, revolution saint said:

Seems likely if she gets to the final round.  For the life of me I can't think why she's so popular with them though - I don't think I can recall ever hearing her speak and I watch a fair bit of news.  Is it because she was on celebrity reality show?

All I know about her is that she's from Down The Road, did badly at some ITV diving reality TV program, and launched her campaign with a video that included convicted-murderer Oscar Pistorius and a Paralympian who immediately asked that he be removed from the video.

• Like 1

Penny was also very keen to repeat all the made-up stuff about pompey when they went out of business the 3rd or 4th time, such as the club bringing £13m of business into the city for every home game, and at the time she basically said the taxman could do one for their debt  - she will say literally anything for votes, even if it is deluded.

It'll be like Boris never left.

If he ever does.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Doesn't say a lot for the Legal profession.

Tbf, There’s a difference between educated and intelligent. Though Braverman has been rampantly over promoted compared to her actual abilities. I had the misfortune to meet her a few years ago and it only confirmed my suspicions. After that she went up the ladder and got appointed AG :mcinnes:

• Like 1

No, it doesn't.

She is completely out of her depth and should be number one on the new PM's cull list of people who were overpromoted purely to follow the big dog around, tell lies and pick up shit.

Chuck in her poisonous attitude to struggling families and low paid workers this week and the good people of Fareham have been given a fresh view of their MP.

• Like 5

Stella Braverman revealing herself to be very stupid does reflect on the legal profession. I mean they have to pass exams ffs. She studied at Cambridge too.

Truss is an Oxford graduate - it does make you wonder...

For those who did not watch the debate, here is the abridged version..

Rishi "We need to raise taxes to support these guys"

Liz Truss "we need to increase our cheese exports to Gaza"

Penny Mordaunt "I want every woman to have a penis"

Tom Tugenhat "I was in the army"

Kemi "Bin the NHS"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AlexLaw76 said:

I don't get a say

But as a bone fide Tory voter, which one inspires you to vote for them again? Or doesn’t it matter?

Tom the Tank is the only one who came out with any sort of credibility, but the nut jobs won’t vote for him. The other four are a complete shower of shit, so good luck with those 👍

• Like 1

Tugrnhat and Kemi came over well. Sunak slick, but pretty much as expected. Penny & Truss were poor  imo, particularly Truss. 

Horrendous format, host butting in way too much, and if they’re floating voters my cocks a carrot.

Tugenhat will have gone down well with the public, but at the moment they’re not the electorate. IF Kemi can stay above Tugenhat next vote and Truss continues to underperform, I can see her sneaking into second place. 

This whole election is completely bizarre. Ministers happy to be in the Cabinet defending an incompetent, lying , rogue now claiming that things need to change as if the current situation is nothing to do with them. Public services underfunded yet an orgy of tax cuts promised. The world getting hotter yet more debate about whether a woman can have a penis than about climate change. Are these people really the best that the Conservatives can offer? The Thatcher government with the likes of Maggie, Clarke, Heseltine and Whitelaw at its centre was light years away from this bunch of half wits. 

Starmer may not have a clue about a vision for the Labour party... but at least he lives in the real world. This bunch of Tory clowns live in some sort of fantasy world. 

What a state this country is in.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Tamesaint said:

This whole election is completely bizarre. Ministers happy to be in the Cabinet defending an incompetent, lying , rogue now claiming that things need to change as if the current situation is nothing to do with them.

You seem to be way out of touch with what a 'modern day' politician is.  

2 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Unsure if any of you are aware, buy 'Tom' was in the Army

Truss is absolutely awful.  

Wasn’t Tom in the territorial army? Thought his day job was in Public relations. Truss is like some mad Gerry Anderson puppet. Also she has a nostril that looks like it’s trying to escape from the rest of her face 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sheaf Saint said:

She keeps banging on about her record of delivery. Perhaps she should get a job with Amazon.

I wonder what her cabinet would like like if, for some ridiculous reason, she is made PM?

Mad Nad - Chancellor
Rees Mogg - Minister for the 18th century plus Minister of (Private) Education
Mark Francois - Brexit Minister
David Frost  - Foreign Secretary
Micheal Fabricant - Minister of Silly Haircuts
Christopher Chope - Minister for the Discombobulated
etc etc

8 hours ago, whelk said:

Just read Liz Truss was born in 1975. Genuinely thought she was in her mid to late 60s with loads of make up.  Aged badly that one.

Flippin' eck. Wikipedia reckons she's 3 months younger than me!

She looks old enough to be my mum FFS! 😲

1 hour ago, Weston Super Saint said:

And then there were three.

Looks a shoe-in for Sunak - unless the tory party goes mental in the next few weeks.

You seem to be way out of touch with the modern day Conservative party. 😁

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Weston Super Saint said:

And then there were three.

Looks a shoe-in for Sunak - unless the tory party goes mental in the next few weeks.

The problem they have is that party members are way more in favour of Truss, despite the fact she’s a completely vacuous moron. If Truss makes final two I think she gets in. And then, well, fucking fuck me.

Edited by The Kraken
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

The problem they have is that party members are way more in favour of Truss, despite the fact she’s a completely vacuous moron. If Truss makes final two I think she gets in. And then, well, fucking fuck me.

I think this is correct on all fronts.

I think the only outstanding twist is that Badenoch joins up with Sunak (think Redwood/Ken Clarke from many years ago).

This has been presented by some insiders as Gove's masterplan all along. No idea if it will actually play out like that (she did lay into him in the ITV debate) or even if it does  whether it will work.

Truss would be unspeakable but probably great news for Labour.

1 minute ago, CB Fry said:

I think this is correct on all fronts.

I think the only outstanding twist is that Badenoch joins up with Sunak (think Redwood/Ken Clarke from many years ago).

This has been presented by some insiders as Gove's masterplan all along. No idea if it will actually play out like that (she did lay into him in the ITV debate) or even if it does  whether it will work.

Truss would be unspeakable but probably great news for Labour.

Gove has a masterplan (or any plan at all)?