Well, it definitely won't be Suella Braverman and the rebirth of the Conservative Party

CB Fry

Saints Web Tory Leadership Vote  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Saints Web Tory Leadership Vote

• Sunak
    • Mordaunt
    • Truss
    • Badenoch
    • Tugendhat
    • Braverman

18 minutes ago, revolution saint said:

Yeah, makes sense to go the country after the next Tory leader is announced.  Do we have any news on when the first round of voting for new leader starts?  I'm assuming they'll want to get it over with by Christmas.

FFS... Give me a chance to get the 'Bring Back Boris' campaign material printed! 

;)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tamesaint said:

Anyone else noticed that when she starts to lie she starts to blink very fast. Watch her interviews. 

Out of her depth.

It’s hard to imagine the Tories managing to find a worse candidate for PM after Johnson but it looks like they could have managed it. Starmer must be delighted as it has made his job easier but it is a huge concern just how much damage Truss can do to the country before the next election. Buckle up, we are in for more of the same and then some. All that remains to be seen is can she put together an even more inept cabinet than Johnson managed to do.

6 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

It’s hard to imagine the Tories managing to find a worse candidate for PM after Johnson but it looks like they could have managed it. Starmer must be delighted as it has made his job easier but it is a huge concern just how much damage Truss can do to the country before the next election. Buckle up, we are in for more of the same and then some. All that remains to be seen is can she put together an even more inept cabinet than Johnson managed to do.

At least it’ll give you something else to moan about 

51 minutes ago, trousers said:

F*** me, she's dull. Teresa May mkII

Is it sad that I look back on the Teresa May days with (relative) fondness?

Whilst she was a bit dull, I do actually think she had the best interests of the country at heart and was in a near impossible position with the Brexit negotiations. Doesn't look like we'll have another PM like that for a while...

She’s been in the job 5 minutes and already Starmer is making digs. That’s the problem with these twats, I think she’s a dick but she done a very short speech and people are already jumping on it she didn’t say this that and the other. FFS. What do they expect in a five minute, thanks for voting me in speech? 

We probably focus too much on presentation rather than content when it comes to political discourse. However there are limits! Truss looks and sounds out of her depth.

The problem Starmer and Labour have got is that they really need to test her support outside of the hardcore Tory membership, but there aren't any sort of elections upcoming. She's basically got two weeks to come up with a plan on Energy bills and the cost of living or she is screwed. 

1 hour ago, edprice1984 said:

We probably focus too much on presentation rather than content when it comes to political discourse. However there are limits! Truss looks and sounds out of her depth.

The problem Starmer and Labour have got is that they really need to test her support outside of the hardcore Tory membership, but there aren't any sort of elections upcoming. She's basically got two weeks to come up with a plan on Energy bills and the cost of living or she is screwed. 

She hasn't even got the support of most of them.  Of the people entitled to vote only 47.2% voted for her, 35% for Sunak and the remaining 17.8% either not bothering or spoiling their vote.  I think she'll struggle to galvanise her own party let alone attract anyone outside it to vote for her.

1 hour ago, revolution saint said:

How does that work then?  Truss announces a new home secretary and Patel leaves?  That's pretty much a given, you don't have to write a letter for that - it's patently obvious you've been sacked.

Its the Dave Lee Travis at Radio 1 method - quit before they sack you.

Entirely performative, of course.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Turkish said:

She’s been in the job 5 minutes and already Starmer is making digs. That’s the problem with these twats, I think she’s a dick but she done a very short speech and people are already jumping on it she didn’t say this that and the other. FFS. What do they expect in a five minute, thanks for voting me in speech? 

How long before Walter labels her 'right wing'?

2 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

I wonder if the Queen has been shown that.

Her Britannia Unchained chapter, along with Raab C Nesbit (who she tries to blame it on) make a perfect own goal to bring up for any occasion. There’s the cheese speech, the Lib Dem platform abolishing monarchy speech. She can’t even be true to being a Remainer. Thatcher was consistent in the main, whether you agreed with the rhetoric or not, Truss has tried copying the iconography there in front of the Westland Union Jack doors. Truss is for turning, any which way the wind is blowing. 

1 hour ago, saint1977 said:

Her Britannia Unchained chapter, along with Raab C Nesbit (who she tries to blame it on) make a perfect own goal to bring up for any occasion. There’s the cheese speech, the Lib Dem platform abolishing monarchy speech. She can’t even be true to being a Remainer. Thatcher was consistent in the main, whether you agreed with the rhetoric or not, Truss has tried copying the iconography there in front of the Westland Union Jack doors. Truss is for turning, any which way the wind is blowing. 

Indeed

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-62796353

"In France, meanwhile, she has been branded not the Iron Lady - which was former UK PM Margaret Thatcher's nickname - but the Iron Weathercock."

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tamesaint said:

Mad Nad is leaving now to give herself more time to colour, sorry write, books. 

I assumed that is was to give more focus to necking the sherry? Another one who should have been no where near government. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, jawillwill said:

The Daily Mail is frothing at the mouth about this today, making it front page news. When a satirist causes outrage by simply repeats and agreeing with what the candidates have said, it's fair to say there's a problem with the candidates, not the comedian.

Comedian mocks Politician shock, I think James O'Brien pointed out that the Daily Mail loves to use 'woke' as a bad word and have basically made up their own definition, and likes to use 'snowflake' too but are now very much acting this way, they are getting offended because some people on the BBC expressed an opinion that I think the most of the country would agree with.

I mean Lycett basically did Kinsberg's job, pointing out the meaningless platitudes and vague wafty sentiments she came out with during what is essentially a national crisis. Instead politicians expect to go on the BBC and do puff pieces where they never get challenged or questioned, and if someone dares to do that it's 'anti-Tory' bias, whereas the sad reality is the BBC and most of the mainstream media bends over backwards to excuse the failings of this government and has done for years.

I absolutely detest Piers Morgan but at least when he was on GMB he asked hard questions, if he'd done that interview he would have shown what a vacant idiot Truss really is.

Probably the worst possible option though the Tories could have chosen, the MPs quickly weeded out any candidate that has a chance to win an election. The members then added the final nail in the coffin with Truss, Sunak, despite being equally as awful I think has a more few more braincells to rub together and a little more grasp of reality.  Sadly the country has to suffer for a while until we get a chance to boot her out. 

Spare a thought for Liss Truss' dad, generally you'd think that your child becoming Prime Minister of the country would be a very proud moment, but I doubt very much he is feeling that way, embarrassed more like. 

She is saying no snap election but can she really press forward? No mandate from the public, no real mandate from either the members or the MPs, a high proportion of her own party don't want her. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, rallyboy said:

With the departures of Dorries and Patel the UK is less toxic and a nicer place this morning.

They both leave with records of abject failure and any other version of events is just desperate spin.

It's a good day for the UK.

Therese Coffey is likely to become Health Secretary, she just blocked the publishing of multiple reports that show her running of DWP has caused misery for thousands of people including directly causing the deaths of many disabled people.  She has also voted against same sex marriage and extending abortion access.

Sadly whilst those two awful people have gone the current Tory party has plenty of abhorrent human beings ready to replace the,. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, tajjuk said:

Therese Coffey is likely to become Health Secretary, she just blocked the publishing of multiple reports that show her running of DWP has caused misery for thousands of people including directly causing the deaths of many disabled people.  She has also voted against same sex marriage and extending abortion access.

Sadly whilst those two awful people have gone the current Tory party has plenty of abhorrent human beings ready to replace the,. 

Cannot be accused of sleeping her way to the top 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Tamesaint said:

It's a known fact that if you join the Tories from LDems your voice gets deeper, more northern and you can only speak in staccato like sentences. 

They’re pretty much all Lib Dems anyway. The membership is still comprised of Tories, but apart from a few honourable exceptions, most MP’s haven’t got a conservative bone in their body. 

With the BBC fact-checking the old Eton crook's mad farewell speech and finding that every single claim is inaccurate, we can finally confirm that he's not played a blinder.

He's just been a very toxic, corrupt and deluded PM who has damaged the UK, lined his own pockets, was outwitted by his own cabal of idiots and finally replaced by someone who doesn't understand that drones are not frightened by dogs.

• Like 6