What would you do with £195 million?

whelk

Latest lottery win amount is £195m.

Crazy amount but what would you do with it if you won?

I’d think I’d jack the job, spend a lot of time in Tuscany. Maybe make a donation to discount Saintweb subscriptions by 20% 

maybe consider a padded seat at St Mary’s 

Buy a place in the New Forest probably. A get-away place in the Sun (Positano area, possibly).....take the lads to vegas.

Or, ditch the UK and plug myself into the 'scene' in LA.

Either way, to do list;

Vegas, Summer in Ibiza, an entire World Cup, Ashes series, Cricket Caribbean tour, New York, Miami, LA, Beijing

Edited by AlexLaw76
  • Like 1

Big house in the New Forest and then others in Brighton and London. Pay off the mortgages for everyone I know (well, everyone I like) and give other people without mortgages a massive deposit to buy a house.

Not a fan of boats so wouldn't bother with one of them.

Start a record label, open a chain of recording studios and a venue in Brighton or London.

Travel loads and definitely spend a lot of time watching cricket around the world, plus going to random events like Olympics, World Cups etc.

Donate a load to local charities rather than national ones.

Buy property for all the family so they're set for life. Invest in property myself so I have an income. Invest in charity where I can

And have a bloody good time travelling the world.

and If I had enough left over, I'd realise HelpMeRhondas dream and build that Monkey Petting Zoo next to SMS.

Edited by S-Clarke

Property in the Med for the summer.

Property on the Palm Jumeirah for winter

Property in the French Alps for winter skiing and summer hiking

Lamborghini Huracán

A speed boat, nothing big and fancy that needs a crew etc. just something fun you can do some wakeboarding and waterskiing on.

A hot Ukrainian woman

Invest in a bunch of stuff.

Give a chunk to charity, so I can w*nk about how good and righteous I am.

Give a chunk to my family so they can do whatever they want.

I would build a new house in an Art Deco cinema style and get the build filmed for Grand Designs. It would be the most boring episode ever. Kevin Bloody McCloud would whine and lament every potential problem and I would spew money at it like a 16 year old vomits after 5 pints of cider and black. Take that you miserable, pretentious prick! 

• Haha 5

17 hours ago, whelk said:

Latest lottery win amount is £195m.

Crazy amount but what would you do with it if you won?

I’d think I’d jack the job, spend a lot of time in Tuscany. Maybe make a donation to discount Saintweb subscriptions by 20% 

maybe consider a padded seat at St Mary’s 

I have a friend that knows Joe and Jess Thwaite, who won in May.  It has turned their life into a nightmare.  It is easy to see the wow factor and what you'd do with it.  Not even doing anything will net them £6m a year!

16 hours ago, Turkish said:

donate it all to the tories.

A knighthood or something else in mind?

18 minutes ago, Doctoroncall said:

I have a friend that knows Joe and Jess Thwaite, who won in May.  It has turned their life into a nightmare.  It is easy to see the wow factor and what you'd do with it.  Not even doing anything will net them £6m a year!

A knighthood or something else in mind?

In what way a nightmare? I get not getting rich incrementally woudl be weird but there is no need to be needlessly extravagant and can always give most away. Personally I’d stick to the no publicity and do in small bits. 

maybe it will become a little more obvious when I wear my gold robe and diamond encrusted tiara 

Edited by whelk
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

Buy property for all the family so they're set for life. Invest in property myself so I have an income. Invest in charity where I can

And have a bloody good time travelling the world.

and If I had enough left over, I'd realise HelpMeRhondas dream and build that Monkey Petting Zoo next to SMS.

All due respect but I dont think you would need to invest to get an income. The interest alone would keep you very well placed

3 hours ago, Millbrook Saint said:

buy portsmouth football club, slowly run it into the ground and down through the leagues until it's no longer viable, then turn fratton park into a mega bowl

you dumb c**t we are  managing to do that and its not costing a penny. Me wouldn't tell a soul just slip off and enjoy it,   

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, whelk said:

In what way a nightmare? I get not getting rich incrementally woudl be weird but there is no need to be needlessly extravagant and can always give most away. Personally I’d stick to the no publicity and do in small bits. 

maybe it will become a little more obvious when I wear my gold robe and diamond encrusted tiara 

spacer.png

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, revolution saint said:

I would build a new house in an Art Deco cinema style and get the build filmed for Grand Designs. It would be the most boring episode ever. Kevin Bloody McCloud would whine and lament every potential problem and I would spew money at it like a 16 year old vomits after 5 pints of cider and black. Take that you miserable, pretentious prick! 

He'd hate you as he loves criticising those who go over budget. Glad I'm not the only one who can't stand him.

I'd start a charity, not really sure what, but I don't have £195m to worry about it. 

Attend every single major sporting event for the next 4-6 years, then pick and choose all the good ones depending on location (USA Rugby World Cup for example)

Sort out paying off mortgages for my cousins and family. Buy a nice place in the Cotswolds with decent security, donate to charity, probably pay Gloucester Rugby's player salaries for the next 5 years. Pump a load of money in to my local area, with a specific focus on sports fields and facilities. 

Spend a load of time travelling and seeing as much of the world as I could. With the aim to leave £25m to my daughter to inherit.

• Like 1

Two weeks all inclusive ona private Carribean island for all my friends and family. Pay off their mortgages. Design and build my own houses, one in the New Forest, one in the Adriatic somewhere. Invest in an F1 team and do the full season

I'd probably go for something complete left field, like build a full scale replica on the Barad-Dur in my back garden, The shed would probably have to go however.

Edited by kyle04

22 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

He'd hate you as he loves criticising those who go over budget. Glad I'm not the only one who can't stand him.

I'd start a charity, not really sure what, but I don't have £195m to worry about it. 

Starting your own religion can be pretty lucrative especially if you can dupe the mugs into giving you 10% of their wages whilst you already own prime real estate in major global cities. 

• Haha 1