2022/23 Other games

Lighthouse

Remember the times when we weren’t looking always for relegation rivals to lose? Should be loving Liverpool getting done but already thinking fck that might be 3 points for Fulham that we weren’t expecting

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, whelk said:

Remember the times when we weren’t looking always for relegation rivals to lose? Should be loving Liverpool getting done but already thinking fck that might be 3 points for Fulham that we weren’t expecting

Mitrovic was in insane form last year, not surprising he would continue it. Rickie for instance scored 18? Goals less in our promotion season and got 15 in the prem. I know Mitrovic disappointed in the prem last time around but I suspect that was more due to Fulham’s shortcomings than his own, he is a damn good player.

14 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

I remember being sat with a mate who supports Middlesbrough watching them play Rotherham a few seasons ago and Rotherham tried that corner about 5 times with pretty much the same result as that Forest one every time. Very bizarre.

36 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

0-2 LOL

United are awful.

When you think back to the 1990s and 2000s, watching a team like Man United spaz around with Fred and McTomminay in CM....it is quite remarkable

I always remember when Fergie retired a guy on TUI insisting the Man United job was an easy which anyone could do, even Alan Pardew would win the league with them. 

21 minutes ago, Dorchester Saint said:

I bet Graham Potter could get us playing well, I’d love to see us replace Ralph with him. 

Organised hard working team with two decent centre halves who know how to do the basics well. Amazing how simple it is really. 

• Like 1

I wonder how long Utd will give Ten Haag? It would be ridiculous to even call him out though, given that many managers get the same tune from the same players - i.e nothing.

Not sure what they expect to be different when they're STILL lining up with McTominay, Fred, Maguire, Dalot etc. It's just groundhog day. And every summer they seem to create some sort of transfer saga, by tracking a player who doesn't want to join them or they aren't willing to pay the fee for. 

It's funny to watch though. All the talk of this being the big Utd rebuild and they're still starting with Fred and McTominay.

10 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

I wonder how long Utd will give Ten Haag? It would be ridiculous to even call him out though, given that many managers get the same tune from the same players - i.e nothing.

Not sure what they expect to be different when they're STILL lining up with McTominay, Fred, Maguire, Dalot etc. It's just groundhog day. And every summer they seem to create some sort of transfer saga, by tracking a player who doesn't want to join them or they aren't willing to pay the fee for. 

It's funny to watch though. All the talk of this being the big Utd rebuild and they're still starting with Fred and McTominay.

The problem Utd have probably stems from the owners loading the club with debt when they took over. 

7 minutes ago, East Kent Saint said:

The problem Utd have probably stems from the owners loading the club with debt when they took over. 

Not really. That would only be an issue if they were skint. They've spent unbelievable amounts on wages and fees, more than enough to win the league and the Champions League.

Edited by CB Fry
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, East Kent Saint said:

They've spent more money than almost any club in the world, but everything about that club is just wrong from the scouting to the players.

Their main striker target now, after Sesko said no, is 34 year old Marco Arnautovic. Baffling way that club is being run on the scouting side.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

what has that stopped them doing?

Even Fergie struggled before he left to get the players he wanted because of the debt and they have never recovered since . Granted they have got the cash flowing in more recently but they don’t seem to get their targets in anymore. Not many players used to turn Utd down did they ? Shearer but he wanted to go to Newcastle regardless.

5 minutes ago, East Kent Saint said:

Even Fergie struggled before he left to get the players he wanted because of the debt and they have never recovered since . Granted they have got the cash flowing in more recently but they don’t seem to get their targets in anymore. Not many players used to turn Utd down did they ? Shearer but he wanted to go to Newcastle regardless.

I think they have spent more money than any other club on the planet over the last 5-10 years.

They don't get their targets so frequently as they have been overtaken by City and Chelsea, with Liverpool more recently.  But they have limitless money

Edited by AlexLaw76

36 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

They need to back him and give him a better squad. Their recruitment has been dreadful over the last 5 years or so, no strategy or direction, just signing players. They've spent 100s of millions on absolute crap or egos like Pogba. They need a complete rebuild from the bottom up bidding for Arnatovic is a joke.  Ten Haag is a good manager but i fear he might go the way of all the others.