2022/23 Other games

Lighthouse

37 minutes ago, bpsaint said:

Only a few games in I know, but sadly I think this will be the season the skates finally get out of League 1. They made some annoyingly decent signings the summer. 

For some comfort, they started last season winning their first three matches and without conceding a goal in their first four matches. Then they finished 10th!

It's a tough League One with Ipswich, Peterborough, Bolton, Charlton, Derby, Sheffield Wednesday and Barnsley down there this season.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Weird game that. Classic Obafemi, a good finish to put them two up, then at 2-1 has the ball in the Millwall half, all he has to do is head to the corner and keep the ball, and he runs to goal, brilliant challenge wins the ball back and they lose possession.

That equaliser is a quality finish...

1 hour ago, tdmickey3 said:

Not sure I'd bother with social media if I was a top level player, seems more hassle than it's worth.

It was obviously a red card, the bloke is an idiot for shoving his head in Andersen's face. Not really sure how anyone could think otherwise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tdmickey3 said:

Scousers gonna scouse I guess. 

What I loved about the whole incident is how he was shouting at the ref to make sure he was paying attention before he turned round and planted 1. 

He’s a bit dim. 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Here's a tackle he did earlier. 

TELEMMGLPICT000305975343_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqR1ZD5SZtdxSYOZ5SxBIUbMRpMj0_IJhv0hwqeAF0G_A.webp

Lashed out a few times before the actual sending off. See him miss a slap in the video below at 0:44 and even moved his head towards Andersen in the play before actually connecting with him.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, HarvSFC said:

Lashed out a few times before the actual sending off. See him miss a slap in the video below at 0:44 and even moved his head towards Andersen in the play before actually connecting with him.

Love this from Andersen, we need this fight back in our squad (circa JWP and Stephens a few seasons ago winding everyone up).

Nunez has an absolutely massive target on his back now as someone you can just annoy out of the game

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HarvSFC said:

That's boss level shithousery from Andersen. The fall from the headbutt is hilarious play-acting though!

The challenge that WG posted a picture of could have earned him a straight red on another day. No attempt to play the ball, just deliberate intent to foul and injure a player.

10 hours ago, Sheaf Saint said:

The challenge that WG posted a picture of could have earned him a straight red on another day. No attempt to play the ball, just deliberate intent to foul and injure a player.

That's why you can't go off photos, watch the video, he slid in then raised/tangled the legs. Yellow all day.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, skintsaint said:

That's why you can't go off photos, watch the video, he slid in then raised/tangled the legs. Yellow all day.

I was going off the video.

It *could* be construed as serious foul play (or even violent conduct) because he knew he had been beaten to the ball so he deliberately tried to trip and possibly injure the player instead. 

I agree a yellow was probably about right, but equally he could have no complaints if he had got a red.

16 minutes ago, LiberalCommunist said:

Levy did very well to shift Dele on. Everton are going to have big trouble removing him. Who okay'd that deal! Barmy.

The transfer fee is entirely dependent on appearances, so as long as he doesn't start any more games they won't have to pay Spurs a penny.

I expect he's on high wages though.

6 hours ago, skintsaint said:

Yes indeed. Still photos can be very misleading but we seem to have drifted away from the days when ‘a tackle from behind likely to endanger an opponent’ was an automatic red card. I don’t believe he was given a yellow for it.

9 hours ago, John Boy Saint said:

In others news Mike Dean has said his VAR decision was wrong for the hair pull.

Bet we have him on VAR v Man Utd 

To be fair the ref at the game probably thought it was a wig. Players are not allowed to wear jewellery because of their personal safety so why can’t they be obliged to wear hair nets or bathing caps?

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, egg said:

Just looking at the Spurs v Wolves teams. Wolves have assembled a bloody good squad... arguably 5 of their bench would improve our first eleven at the moment. 

They should offer a home to Ronaldo then could just be full Portugal

1 minute ago, Saint_clark said:

Arsenal are challenging for the title this season 100%. 

Alternatively, Leicester and Bournemouth are gash, Palace mediocre at best but still had their moments. I’d have to see them in something resembling a tough fixture before passing judgement. 

4 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

They will be up there, top 4 unless they get hammered by injuries. Watching All Or Nothing on Amazon, they come across as a likeable club. Loads of time and respect for Arteta, a very classy guy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lighthouse said:

Alternatively, Leicester and Bournemouth are gash, Palace mediocre at best but still had their moments. I’d have to see them in something resembling a tough fixture before passing judgement. 

Gabriel and Saliba are a proper quality CB pairing and Zinchenko and Jesus are making their attacking players finally click. They might suffer with lack of quality backup, especially being in the Europa League too, but the window is still open and there's always January. 

55 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Gabriel and Saliba are a proper quality CB pairing and Zinchenko and Jesus are making their attacking players finally click. They might suffer with lack of quality backup, especially being in the Europa League too, but the window is still open and there's always January. 

Have to say, Arsenal looking pretty decent. Bournemouth lacking any sort of quality.

Yeah, Arsenal look decent. I'd like to see them against a Man City/Liverpool though before deciding how good they really are.

Their most impressive result this year has been the 0-2 at Palace. 

Hard to read too much into the Bournemouth game as I honestly think they're fodder. No where near good enough.

2 hours ago, Saint_clark said:

Lets see how they fare against the better sides first. City and Liverpool still head and shoulders above the rest imo. Arsenal might be the best of the rest though

Arsenal tactically great today, Bournemouth had the lump Keiffer Moore so pushed right up the pitch. He is good in the air but no threat if outside the box. 
Saliba was class.

Shame about their support 2 down and the microphone picked up fan shouting Tottenham and  up the Spurs!!!

Defensively they look poor Mepham who we were linked with isn’t Prem quality.

Edited by Give it to Ron