2022/23 Other games

Lighthouse

8 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Liverpool at OT in front of the cameras is a completely different proposition to Saturday though. This is exactly the kind of game all their big egos will be well up for and Liverpool very kindly decided to help them out by being sh*te. I'm not saying United will go back to being sh*te themselves on Saturday but it'll be different. 

Early kick off on a Saturday with most people backing United...they do say never bet on an early kick off in your acca!

Good result for Saturday's game, stop any over confidence from Saints players and fans. Takes the edge of Utd. Won't be such a must win game.

They won't be as desperate, pressure will be on them and they'll be facing a team that runs as much as them, for hopefully longer. No way will our midfield give them such an easy run. Henderson and Milner were never going to hold that lot at bay.

Don't get me wrong they are packed with talent, and remain a very good side. They should win, but this does at least make it a more normal game.

Usual game plan, defend resolutely, get in their faces, and take the few chances that present themselves.

• Like 1

Totally saw this coming, uniteds bunch of egos were always going to play at top potential against Liverpool which meant they would have a great chance. They’ll do the same against city and arsenal etc but Will they continue to play as a team when that extra personal motivation isn’t there… that’s my hope at least.

• Like 1

Despite the injuries for Liverpool, they just looked tired already.  TAA is an atrocious defender, and it was on full show tonight.  Too many times he was caught bimbling around at the back.  VVD was just shite. Salah used to terrorise an entire defence by running past the FB/CB.  He just didnt, and maybe he is changing as a player.

Interesting season so far. I see Liverpool currently have Merseyside bragging rights with twice as many points as Everton..

Didn't see much of tonight's game but VVD seemed really out of sorts in the last 20. Was he like that all game? At least Manchester Utd won't be getting their first win against us.

Utd played well, however Liverpool were very poor, the worst defensive display from them for a very long time.  If that had been a Saints defensive performance this board would be in melt down.  I do not get the TAA hype he can’t defend and his so called set piece, tonight especially, was at best average.  We will need to get at Utd, they have real individual quality, the key is can they bring it together again as they did tonight for a less high profile game.  

2 hours ago, moonraker said:

Utd played well, however Liverpool were very poor, the worst defensive display from them for a very long time.  If that had been a Saints defensive performance this board would be in melt down.  I do not get the TAA hype he can’t defend and his so called set piece, tonight especially, was at best average.  We will need to get at Utd, they have real individual quality, the key is can they bring it together again as they did tonight for a less high profile game.  

You can’t question TAAs quality, he is one of the 30 nominees for the Ballon d’Or!

……..I nearly redecorated the breakfast table with a generous mist of coffee, when Mrs JBS broke that superb news to me on Saturday morning.

6 hours ago, suewhistle said:

Interesting season so far. I see Liverpool currently have Merseyside bragging rights with twice as many points as Everton..

Didn't see much of tonight's game but VVD seemed really out of sorts in the last 20. Was he like that all game? At least Manchester Utd won't be getting their first win against us.

He was descibed as statuesque for the first goal and got verbal from his teammates as a result.

• Like 1

Thing is Utd basically played an Ole style counter attacking game, sure he got some more running out of them but their issues are generally against more physical teams who sit back more. 

I mean basically if we play against them like they did against Liverpool, defend in numbers, aggressive, press then we will have a good chance I reckon. Especially if those Utd players drop, it’s one thing raising your game at home in a derby, it’s another doing it away against a team you expect to beat. 

They will probably still win and should win but I think if we play our game we have a chance of getting something. 

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, HarvSFC said:

Newcastle's second string struggling against Tranmere. Targett heavily criticised by the commentators for the Tranmere goal.

It makes our effort look even better, we made it look easy last night. Just as we did against Newport last year.

3 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

Rangers through to the Champions League groups. Won 0-1 away at PSV.

I was listening to a bit of that on the short drive back from Golf - sounded like a full on game.

Me being a bit late back there was no chance of wrestling the remote off Mrs JBS who was well into the cricket.