2022/23 Other games

Lighthouse

Just now, whelk said:

I have seen Mason Mount have a lot more bad games than good ones

That is a concern for the world cup.  Southgate has seemingly binned his view of not picking players on reputation.  We could see the likes of Maguire, Mount and co starting, when they may not deserve it.  Maguire for example has no right being anywhere near the England side on his form.

Chelsea look so blunt, already spent £180m odd? Likely to spend about £100m in the next week or so. Mount is rubbish. 

Leeds very impressive. Great intensity, exactly what you have to do against the big clubs, don’t give them any time to get into a rhythm. 

West Ham, who knows what’s going on there realy, I’m expecting them to finish top 6 this season, but haven’t got going yet this season. Sure they’ll throw some money at it over the next week or so, they normally do. 

Every year feels like big clubs getting stringer but this season only City and Arsenal look good. Sides like Fulham, Brentford Leeds shouldn’t be underestimated. Middle biggish spending clubs like Villa, West Ham Leicester (not this season) look poor as well. More open than normal it seems

18 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

That is a concern for the world cup.  Southgate has seemingly binned his view of not picking players on reputation.  We could see the likes of Maguire, Mount and co starting, when they may not deserve it.  Maguire for example has no right being anywhere near the England side on his form.

It’s too early in the season to get me depressed about Southgate

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Some of these points have been raised previously, however....

Broja not in the Chelsea squad today.....just sayin'

Koulibali red card. Presumably he misses next week against us. Bednarek available if they want him.....£20m......just sayin'

Saints currently above Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea, Wolves. Everton, Villa, West Ham, Bompey & Leicester......just sayin'

Our result against Leeds last week starting to look a pretty decent result.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Saint Keef said:

Koulibali red card. Presumably he misses next week against us. Bednarek available if they want him.....£20m......just sayin'

Saints currently above Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea, Wolves. Everton, Villa, West Ham, Bompey & Leicester......just sayin'

Was a second yellow rather than straight red for Koulibaly so will be available to play against us 

6 minutes ago, Saint Keef said:

Broja has a “knock”.

West Ham, 1 win in 11. Didn’t realise it was that bad. 

Villa 3 wins in last 14. 

Leicester in a bit of a mess too. 

could be a very interesting season and feels like about 15 clubs could finish anywhere this season. Expecting bournemouth to finish bottom but apart from that, anyones guess 

1 minute ago, Saint Garrett said:

West Ham, 1 win in 11. Didn’t realise it was that bad. 

Villa 3 wins in last 14. 

Leicester in a bit of a mess too. 

could be a very interesting season and feels like about 15 clubs could finish anywhere this season. Expecting bournemouth to finish bottom but apart from that, anyones guess 

Villa will probably be ok, their squad is strong. West Ham will come good too. I really think Leicester, Everton and Bournemouth are so far showing signs that they could be in trouble. Everton have a decent defence now and Leicester have a good attack but it’s the other end of their teams that they could struggle. Fulham have started surprisingly well, as have Forest who have signed a million players but I don’t know if their form will last. 

Definitely an interesting season and we’re ten per cent of the way to safety! 

Eddie Howe quite good then?

City are obviously a brilliant team, but they have bought one of the worlds best No.9s, yet dont really pass to him

One thing I have noticed so far this season (including our own performances), teams that are aggressive and not afraid are getting some reward

Edited by AlexLaw76
  • Like 1

William Gallas and Didier Drogba weren't in the Chelsea squad either. Just as relevant news as Armando Broja not being in it. WE AREN'T IN FOR HIM! MOVE ON 🤣

West Ham will come good. They battered Forest last week and only lost because of the ball rebounding off half the team in the build up.

Leicester are very poor defensively and Everton I don't think are any better than they were last season.

One thing I'd say about us is that there is fight in that team this season, we aren't afraid of putting a tackle in and we're backing into players and making it difficult for the opposition.

Very hard to predict how the season will unfold until around five or six games in.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

There is definitely a fearlessness with some teams, Newcastle, Leeds, Fulham, that if you go and press and have a go. The best teams in the world don’t like it. No players enjoy no time on the ball. It’s the only way of beating these sides, as if you give them all the time in the world they will eventually score because of the quality.

The end of this bloody money derby, should be decent. Newcastle impressive. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Saint Garrett said:

There is definitely a fearlessness with some teams, Newcastle, Leeds, Fulham, that if you go and press and have a go. The best teams in the world don’t like it. No players enjoy no time on the ball. It’s the only way of beating these sides, as if you give them all the time in the world they will eventually score because of the quality.

The end of this bloody money derby, should be decent. Newcastle impressive. 

I completely agree. I think a lot of the mid/lower table teams have realised their best form of defence is attack. Normally after five or six games you get a rough idea of who's in trouble, who to keep an eye on, who's running away etc; but the results so far this season have been so mixed, it's incredible hard to predict!

Just now, FarehamSaintJames said:

I completely agree. I think a lot of the mid/lower table teams have realised their best form of defence is attack. Normally after five or six games you get a rough idea of who's in trouble, who to keep an eye on, who's running away etc; but the results so far this season have been so mixed, it's incredible hard to predict!

It'll be interesting what the media and pundits all say if after 10 games the bottom four are West Ham, Everton, Leicester and United. I bet they don't say they're in a relegation fight.  

1 minute ago, Saint_clark said:

It'll be interesting what the media and pundits all say if after 10 games the bottom four are West Ham, Everton, Leicester and United. I bet they don't say they're in a relegation fight.  

I imagine it'll be "The top four (Leeds, Fulham, Forest, Saints) need to watch carefully over their shoulders or they'll get into trouble...".

😂

2 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Because inevitably, those clubs with better depth of squad and excess cash to throw around are better able to avoid serious trouble in the long term, unfortunately. 

32 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

William Gallas and Didier Drogba weren't in the Chelsea squad either. Just as relevant news as Armando Broja not being in it. WE AREN'T IN FOR HIM! MOVE ON 🤣

West Ham will come good. They battered Forest last week and only lost because of the ball rebounding off half the team in the build up.

Leicester are very poor defensively and Everton I don't think are any better than they were last season.

One thing I'd say about us is that there is fight in that team this season, we aren't afraid of putting a tackle in and we're backing into players and making it difficult for the opposition.

Very hard to predict how the season will unfold until around five or six games in.

Pretty sure we have a sneaky bid still on the table for Drogs........

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Sarisbury Saint said:

Shit manager that Eddie Howe.

Also seen it mentioned on here that David Moyes and Brendan Rodgers are great managers, both of whom going through terrible runs of form and could be in danger of the sack.

Hasenhuttl got 2 draws against Man City last season. Must be quite a good manager too?

I don't know which game Tuchel watched this afternoon. He says Chelsea were "clearly the better team".  Leeds 3 Chelsea 0.  I watched it live, Leeds absolutely played them off off the park.  After last week's antics, could the pressure be getting the Chelsea boss? He reminds me of a petulant child. "Thomas, go and sit on the naughty step until you've calmed down".

• Haha 1