Ainsley Maitland-Niles

Saint Matty 76

1 hour ago, Osvaldorama said:

I have genuinely seen better players at Sunday league. He is properly stealing a living.

Technique level is possibly lower championship, but attitude is not even Sunday league. Just ambles around without a care in the world. Garbage. I was quite hopeful when we signed him, but thank god he’s only on loan. 

He doesn’t seem to know where he should be playing. The same goes for the rest of the team.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, InvictaSaint said:

Agree. Posted this at the end of yesterday’s game. Sums him up,

IMG_5065.jpeg

So true. I don't know where he's ever got his reputation from, or his 6 England caps. I'm pretty confident that there are much better players in the lower leagues and even our academy. 

Him saying he'd like to stay here is out of desperation more than anything, he'll be struggle to find a club this summer methinks and he knows it. If we do sign him then I give up.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

I don't know where he's ever got his reputation from, or his 6 England caps.

He was quite highly rated as a youngster at Arsenal. Played CM for England U20s when they won the World Cup.

He just hasn't amounted to anything. Seemingly no drive to improve. I think his England caps were a result of a lot of injury withdrawals, and the fact that England have no left back options beyond Shaw and the perennially injured Chilwell, and Maitland-Niles happened to be filling in at LB for Arsenal at the time.

I'm pretty confident he won't be playing for England again.

He should not be playing football or part of any professional football club at any capacity.

Stealing a living is used a lot, but in this case he really is. I'm fairly confident Sunday league players would be better options than him. I think he's the worst PL player we've ever had, and this season has certainly given us lots of options to select from.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

I’ll settle for just off the pitch.

True, but players like that suck the life out of the dressing room, zero urgency,  absolutely no way he's giving 100% tonight 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Suhari said:

Terrible player. Stealing a living.

I actually think he has some talent and could be a decent player, if he wanted too. But he doesn't. Which is worse than just being shit.

Twat.

Nah, he's not got any talent. It should be an offence that he's trying to be a footballer, I wouldn't even let him coach my kids.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Archers Road Stand said:

Struggling to think of a worst performance by an individual since our promotion to the PL than his performance tonight. 

So we could all see it bar one useless twat the manager. He should have been hooked at half time 

9 minutes ago, Give it to Ron said:

So we could all see it bar one useless twat the manager. He should have been hooked at half time 

For who though?  We had no full back cover. Ely? DCC? 

4 minutes ago, Give it to Ron said:

He could have put KWP over and Lyanco right back DCC middle . He could have even moved JWP right back KWP left back

Spose he could have, but I'm not sure another change at CB was sensible. It matters not though, we got what we deserved. 

20 minutes ago, Pamplemousse said:

AMN isn't a right back.

Another Sports Republic masterclass in recruitment in terms of full backs, shocking.

Im not sure this one is on SR. We tried to sign him before, when he went on loan to West Brom over us and I’m sure there was at least one more occasion when he was linked heavily with us. Looks like he’s been on our radar for a while, but then so was Elyanoussi 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

Im not sure this one is on SR. We tried to sign him before, when he went on loan to West Brom over us and I’m sure there was at least one more occasion when he was linked heavily with us. Looks like he’s been on our radar for a while, but then so was Elyanoussi 

And Nathan F*king Jones.

I see a pattern here.