Ainsley Maitland-Niles

Saint Matty 76

• Lighthouse changed the title to Ainsley Maitland-Niles - Official: Signs on Loan

He's a good player, adds to the profile of player we've added this summer - athletic, quick, physical etc.

The added bonus is that he can cover wing back if required, but I imagine we'll primarily use him in CM what with Romeu gone - but he does give us some great depth all across the middle third of the team.

A clever addition imo.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

He's a good player, adds to the profile of player we've added this summer - athletic, quick, physical etc.

The added bonus is that he can cover wing back if required, but I imagine we'll primarily use him in CM what with Romeu gone - but he does give us some great depth all across the middle third of the team.

A clever addition imo.

Ah ok, cheers. My arsenal mate really rated him just said he’s been messed around too much! Couldn’t tell me his best position though, which is either a good or bad thing depending how you perceive it 😂

I know quite a few Arsenal supporters and having asked their views on him, they were all very positive 👍

One guy in particular (whose judgement I respect) says that he really has been mucked about and under-used by recent managers so hopefully he'll do a good job for us.. His versatility should be a major plus as well !!

Good window..

Good signing... 

I have a good friend who has been an Arsenal season ticket holder for many years and in a chat with him today, he confirmed what others have said on here about Maitland-Niles.

That he is a big,strong, effective player who had been messed about a bit by Arteta. It seems the two had disagreements on how and wehere he might pay and he seemed to have fallen away on Arsenals books.

I think he could be a very important signing for us as he adds some physicality and athleticism and can play in mid-field as a defensive unit and aslo cover both full back positions.

It looks as though Lavia will be out for at least 6 weeks with a hamstring and the obvious thought is that this guy can go straight into the sdie at Wolves to take his place.

However, knowing Ralphs previous reluctance to select players who have only recently joined, I'm not too confident that this will happen.

We shall see

He might end up not getting enough game time to want to sign for us permanently, although I'd hope Ralph would learn from his overusing Lavia and rotate a bit more once he's back to full fitness. With 5 subs we should be looking to make one at half time every game to give players a decent rest on a rotational business.

28 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

He might end up not getting enough game time to want to sign for us permanently, although I'd hope Ralph would learn from his overusing Lavia and rotate a bit more once he's back to full fitness. With 5 subs we should be looking to make one at half time every game to give players a decent rest on a rotational business.

4.5 games? 🤨

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

about time he had a song, i'll start us off

If Maintland-Niles can play for England so can I

If Maitland-Niles can play for England so can I

If Maitland-Niles can play for England, Maitland-Niles can play for England

if Maitland-Niles can play for England so can I

• Like 3

On 01/09/2022 at 21:12, Crab Lungs said:

Ah ok, cheers. My arsenal mate really rated him just said he’s been messed around too much! Couldn’t tell me his best position though, which is either a good or bad thing depending how you perceive it 😂

after half a season neither can we, what we can say though is that his best position isn't in midfield or fullback.

1 minute ago, Turkish said:

after half a season neither can we, what we can say though is that his best position isn't in midfield or fullback.

He reckons he's an attacking player so maybe we should chuck him up front, can't be any worse than the other options.

• Like 1

Just now, The Cat said:

He reckons he's an attacking player so maybe we should chuck him up front, can't be any worse than the other options.

yeah stick him up there, what have we go to lose? he cant do any less than Adam Armstrong has done, he might even shin on into the the top bins.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Ainsley Maitland-Niles