January 2023 Transfer Window

mcbendy

23 minutes ago, Dark Munster said:

So was Mitrovic until this season. Weghorst does have a previous track record of a goal every 2 games for Wolfsburg. A big lump goal scorer is what we desperately need. We could do a lot worse than him, but anyway isn't he on a season long loan in Turkey, so not available?

He's on a season long loan at Besiktas. Not sure whether that means he can't be signed again?

I agree with the post about having too much mincers in our team currently. It's the same old story soon as the opposition score the heads drop and we fold like deck chairs on the Titanic.

Our midfield is Powder puff all you have to do is fart to bypass it..... 

What we need is a few tough tackling no nonsense hard bstsrds to come in and sort this squad of wet tarts out.... 

First priority for me would be a defensive midfielder who has some sort of presence and leadership about them. 

• Like 1

I think we will recall Tella and kid ourselves he is ‘like a new signing’, (for that, read cheap), recall Bednarek (‘proven international’), sell Lavia for 50 mill, and plough none of that into anyone decent because they won’t come to a team at the bottom with a shouty lower league boss. Oh, and KWP will go back to Spurs. We will be relegated with a record lowest points total, having failed to buy a decent DM too. Happy New Year! 😉

• Haha 3
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, DT said:

I think we will recall Tella and kid ourselves he is ‘like a new signing’, (for that, read cheap), recall Bednarek (‘proven international’), sell Lavia for 50 mill, and plough none of that into anyone decent because they won’t come to a team at the bottom with a shouty lower league boss. Oh, and KWP will go back to Spurs. We will be relegated with a record lowest points total, having failed to buy a decent DM too. Happy New Year! 😉

We've already past the record for fewest Premier League points......just 

23 minutes ago, The Cat said:

It's alright lads, Crook has spoken.

Given how close we are to the January window, surely we're way beyond the "wish list" phase by now and into 'final negotiation' territory...?

(Yes, I know.... It's a rhetorical question)

Edited by trousers

Lavia won’t be sold this window. Bed wetters talking about this like how JWP was sold in the sum…. Oh yeah he didn’t go, did he 👍🏻

Every fan can see we need a GK, a CM or two, a winger or two and a striker. 
The reality is we won’t get that many players in. We’ll get a couple but I don’t think they’ll be the overhaul that everyone is expecting.

Bednarek returning is just boring paper talk. Not really concrete or what we need.
Tella too, it depends entirely on the clauses involved and failing that how much teams are willing to pay to get their player back/cut the loan short.

I wish we’d cut AMN loan short. Haven’t been too impressed with him but then who has been ground-breaking for us this season? 🤷🏻‍♂️

There’s a number of players I’d love us to cash in on but again the reality is it won’t happen.

Has there been any insight at all about the situation with Lavia? Can’t see much about his ‘injury’ and during his website interview Jones was asked about the fitness of players not in the squad with no mention of Lavia.

A Saints fan called in on talk sport today and said the rumours were that he was going to Chelsea but I’ve not seen anything about that anywhere. Obviously DT has been doing some maths and come up with Lavia is being sold due to the no news ‘injury’.

There seems to be no news about him either way.

He is real quality and clearly, when fit, he makes a massive difference to this team.

Ok am getting myself excited as Jan approaches so digging out some random names we could "possibly" get, youngish and ready to make a leap (all comments are mine plagiarised from a scouting report) 

If you want to read more on some players this is what i used https://www.scoutedftbl.com/ its a great database of scouting.

I assume the club will get players but give them a get out clause for a set fee if we get relegated to entice the quality ones.

• Playmaker - Thiago Almada - Attacking Midfielder (central or left and right) - would guess 20mil 
    • Age 22 - arg international playing in MLS (atlanta)- he will be the link between wingers/midfielders and attackers (will give us a world cup winner in our squad)
    • Scores goals and assists (6 goals and 7 assists in MLS)
    • Dynamic playmaker, hard to shrug off ball as low centre of gravity, plays between the lines and is super effective on the transitions.
  • Defensive Mid - Naouirou Ahamada (Stuttgart) - Defensive Midfielder - athletic first receiver whose french but plays in Bundesliga who can also chip in with some goals - would guess 10mil
    • only 20yrs old but about 6ft and is fast.
    • He has a high-level mobility a big advantage in transition and defensive phases. He can recover defensive positions quickly and is sharp when shuttling between passes, disrupting rhythm and forcing mistakes. 
    • Still has to improve his decision making and 1 on 1 duels apparently.
  • Striker
    • I liked Amin Gouiri but he moved to Rennes in Sept, also Ramos is probably staying at benfica and moving somewhere better in the summer.
    • Got no other real idea on who is a clinical finisher who can press and link up with target man etc.
    • Will edit this post if I find a potential one.
    • Edit i liked the french striker who came on in the final from frankfurt Kolo Muani - assume he is moving in a different direction than us but i liked what i saw and see bayern are being touted in germany but arent they always.
Edited by Convict Colony
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, saintant said:

She surely must know it can't and won't last and she's being used to get him off the hook. Nobody is that dense are they?

I suspect the money helps…

anyway CPS will decide about prosecution. I think he’s done at the top level here regardless. Won’t be too many sponsors happy to have him represent them - his attitude towards women comes across as awful in the audio I heard - putting it mildly. I can’t imagine him being rehabilitated in the eyes of the public very soon…

2 hours ago, The Cat said:

Doesn't matter if she drops charges, he can still be prosecuted.

Also, how legit is that twitter account anyway? 

In theory yes but without her witness statement or evidence it'll be pretty hard to get a guilty verdict since a jury would surely have to disregard her previous evidence? (That's a question btw, I'm honestly not sure how it works)

Just now, Bad Wolf said:

In theory yes but without her witness statement or evidence it'll be pretty hard to get a guilty verdict since a jury would surely have to disregard her previous evidence? (That's a question btw, I'm honestly not sure how it works)

When people are in a relationship it becomes notoriously tricky due to potential for coercive control etc.

You'd have to consider why they'd decided to drop the charges? Is it that she actually now believes he did nothing wrong? Has he paid her off? Was it a malicious accusation in the first place? Has she been threatened?

Still, if there's evidence to prosecute then they still can due to the possibility that she has been influenced in her decision.

2 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Looks like a good signing, career average of a goal a game.

Semmens is going to play this just perfectly 👌 Jan 31st we will not be held to ransom and really when you think about it loking back we saved a lot of money and anyway good luck to him at Crystal Palace.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

Semmens is going to play this just perfectly 👌 Jan 31st we will not be held to ransom and really when you think about it loking back we saved a lot of money and anyway good luck to him at Crystal Palace.

This club is all about the pathway. We’ve got a lot of good young strikers at the club so we don’t want to block their path way, when we looked at the market it wasn’t easy to find someone that was better than what we already had either in the first team or beneath that in the B and youth teams. Finishing position isn’t as important as providing a pathway for young players to go onto great things. Nathan agrees and Dragon and Rasmus are fully supportive of this, that’s why we chose them as owners. Remember this club isn’t just about the mens team, the ladies are having another great season so it’s important that we also invest in the right areas there too. The ladies team is growing at a phenomenal rate and we are right at the forefront of this. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

This club is all about the pathway. We’ve got a lot of good young strikers at the club so we don’t want to block their path way, when we looked at the market it wasn’t easy to find someone that was better than what we already had either in the first team or beneath that in the B and youth teams. Finishing position isn’t as important as providing a pathway for young players to go onto great things. Nathan agrees and Dragon and Rasmus are fully supportive of this, that’s why we chose them as owners. Remember this club isn’t just about the mens team, the ladies are having another great season so it’s important that we also invest in the right areas there too. The ladies team is growing at a phenomenal rate and we are right at the forefront of this. 

Semmens said the ladies team was his main focus a year ago. 

• Sad 1

Think I'd like us to go for Gyökeres. I know we've been burnt by Championship strikers recently but it's realistically still one of the best routes for us. 

Seems to be a pretty strong consensus that he's the best striker in the Championship right now, so even if he doesn't help keep us up it could still benefit us next year. Although it does look like the entire bottom half of the Prem are interested going off Twitter.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

Think I'd like us to go for Gyökeres. I know we've been burnt by Championship strikers recently but it's realistically still one of the best routes for us. 

Seems to be a pretty strong consensus that he's the best striker in the Championship right now, so even if he doesn't help keep us up it could still benefit us next year. Although it does look like the entire bottom half of the Prem are interested going off Twitter.

Did he score against us last season in the cup?

49 minutes ago, saint lard said:

Lorient are live on BT sport at 1600 if anyone wants to see if this fella is in the squad or actually any good. 🤷🏻‍♂️

In the starting lineup which would signify no deal is close.

Luton are on Sky at 6, so could see if Jones had left any talent behind.

• Like 1