January 2023 Transfer Window

mcbendy

I remember Orsic having a lot of pace and being very direct, IIRC he tore Spurs apart and seems to have a good record against teams better than Zagreb, but I am presuming they play a lot on the counter and he's good on the transition. 

8 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

You either don’t want to understand the points I made or you genuinely can’t comprehend analogies, negotiation or inflation. I am well aware that we need some serious attacking quality to stay up and even then it might not be enough. That doesn’t mean we should just chuck whatever money anyone asks for according to a bunch of tweets about a player who’s never played club football outside of Croatia. 

It was an appalling analogy that has absolutely no relevance to negotiating a transfer, but I think you realise that yourself 

5 hours ago, Dusic said:

Tanswell just did a Q&A on IG Live. Nothing ground breaking but brief summary:

Orsic - lots of stuff coming from the Dinamo end. Saints ideally want players under 27 and will only go above that for right player and right price. More clarity likely in coming days.

Moffi - Player Saints definitely like, high up on list and seen as good fit and a do-able transfer

Alcaraz - definitely a realistic option

Lavia - thinks he stays this window

Got a story out next week about recruitment at Saints, said its changed a lot.

What i want to know is what is their rationale regarding failure to recall Tella yet.

Edited by Baird of the land

Was really hoping/expecting energized return after the World Cup. Hoped we’d be proactive have early signing sorted & have tella back in the building too.

At this point after 3 bad losses you wonder if they should just accept relegation. Don’t buy, save money for championship. Sell premium players if there are good bids.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DT said:

Jones: "We're in a situation that's not entirely of my doing. We've only won one game here and I understand the frustration. There's no lack of effort." #saintsfc

oh bore off

He really said that??!

Just now, Wade Garrett said:

Good, at least we're trying.  Need a centre-forward in next to replace Che Adams.  He was abysmal last night and couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo.

I said last night as soon as he missed that early chance we may as well of took him off as his game was done,so weak minded and was never coming back from missing another golden chance 

1 minute ago, Wade Garrett said:

Good, at least we're trying.  Need a centre-forward in next to replace Che Adams.  He was abysmal last night and couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo.

I know there's no reason to feel sorry for footballers, especially those in the PL, but i do feel for the bloke. When he's got time to think, he's shocking.....but it can't be easy to be in this situation and know that you could have single handedly added 5-10 points to our current tally just by doing your job.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Wade Garrett said:

I’m not Che’s biggest fan and I think he’s a large reason why we’re gonna go down, his composure in front of goal is beyond pathetic. 

However; you could stick Haaland up top and he’d struggle in this style. What’s the poor bloke expected to do when he’s getting long diagonal punts going over his head all game. 

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Dman said:

I’m not Che’s biggest fan and I think he’s a large reason why we’re gonna go down, his composure in front of goal is beyond pathetic. 

However; you could stick Haaland up top and he’d struggle in this style. What’s the poor bloke expected to do when he’s getting long diagonal punts going over his head all game. 

Haaland would be in double figures if he played for us this season.  I have never seen a centre forward miss so many gilt edged chances than Adams.  He's embarrassing.

Edited by Wade Garrett
  • Like 6

6 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

Interestingly for me at least if we get Jackson from Villareal that would mean we would have 2 players who came through private academies in Africa, fairplay, there cant be too many clubs in the EPL with that.

Another record for us to have!

11 minutes ago, saintant said:

Pointless bring anyone in while Jones hoofball is in charge.

If we bring players in to suit that style then there's no reason it can't work. But we have a team of actual children. Weakling little chess-club children at that. Personally I couldn't care less what style of football we play if it gets results.

• Confused 1