January 2023 Transfer Window

mcbendy

I’m so lost now, assuming Moussa Djenpo is off to the football manager lad in France? Are we in for all three? 

Vitinha

Dembele

Sully (Rennes player)

what about Hjulmand? 

surely we aren’t going for all three/four? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Monk said:

I’m so lost now, assuming Moussa Djenpo is off to the football manager lad in France? Are we in for all three? 

Vitinha

Dembele

Sully (Rennes player)

what about Hjulmand? 

Unfortunately I think at least 1 of those have been thrown in to create a smoke screen to other clubs shadowing Saints every move 

The Vitinha link screams of Gakpo, massive fee to show that we 'have money' but actually no intention of ever getting it done.

I can't help but be cynical right now, let's see where we are this time tomorrow. There is hardly any time for these deals to come to fruition.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 6

I actually watch some Portuguese football (although Paços de Ferreira are having a similar (actually worse) season to Saints) and I would love to sign Vitinha. I would bloody love that. 

The league is gash though. 

Edited by santolijador
brackets and grammar
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Monk said:

Vitinha

Dembele

Sully (Rennes player)

what about Hjulmand? 

We are really trying, i mean really really hard. It's such a tough window though.

Vitinha would be outstanding, saw him live when Braga played at Estoril and he scored with a great strike.  Clearly still some areas to improve but I would have thought he was heading to the top and will be out of our league after this window. 

10 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

The Vitinha link screams of Gakpo, massive fee to show that we 'have money' but actually no intention of ever getting it done.

I can't help but be cynical right now, let's see where we are this time tomorrow. There is hardly any time for these deals to come to fruition.

The only reason we’d do something like that is to put pressure on one of our other targets, not to show that we have money.

8 minutes ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

Gonna get carried away cause why not, here's a link to some of his play -

...and it's now being reported in Portugal.

They are just quoting Football Insider who are a fairly dreadful source reliability wise.

Hard to get top excited as we have seen it all before and some of the sources that gain a lot of traction on Twitter especially are very questionable.

1 minute ago, Dusic said:

They are just quoting Football Insider who are a fairly dreadful source reliability wise.

Hard to get top excited as we have seen it all before and some of the sources that gain a lot of traction on Twitter especially are very questionable.

Blackmore and Talksport reporting it now though. Seems we've agreed their fee, but whether that alerts other clubs (most likely) and whether we get it over the line is another matter

I know after recent windows we are all preparing for disappointment but both links to Moussa Dembele and Vitinha are much more like it. I would be very pleased if we can pull either of those off! Come on Saints get it done.

Surely you don’t meet a release clause for shits and giggles. The player must be interested. Vitinha would have been weighing up his options, time to make a decision? One we’ve tracked for a while, feels more like SR planning coming to fruition? I’m going to be disappointed aren’t I?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, egg said:

Which Dembele are we linked with? Credible link? 

The Lyon striker, former Celtic forward. Very good level, would be surprised to see him come here and I'm surprised there aren't other suitors at the price.

I think the advice his agent will be giving him is to wait until the summer, unless we offer him a bumper contract with a 'get out' at the end of the season should he want to go. That's probably the only way we do this one.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Miltonaggro said:

I hope those soppy cunts on Twitter don’t ruin these two advanced transfers as well. 

On Twitter now you can pay £8 a month to have the “verified” blue tick next to your name.
The amount of fans popping up on the #saintsfc timeline acting like they’re ITK is quite funny, and also desperately tragic. 🤣🤦🏻‍♂️

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, woodsaint1 said:

Blackmore and Talksport reporting it now though. Seems we've agreed their fee, but whether that alerts other clubs (most likely) and whether we get it over the line is another matter

Adam Blackmore reported Gakpo as a done deal if I remember correctly. 
I’ll believe this - and get excited about it - if it happens. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, saint lard said:

Is it me or are their a lot of players called Dembélé 🤷🏻‍♂️

Or is it just one geezer that moves clubs a lot. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

go on just add Buttons as their surname..................go on lmao

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, saintant said:

That's us out then. We'll ask to pay in instalments over 10 years.

Yes. Semmens’ Mum must have been one of those old dears who purchased out of catalogues and taught him the benefit of paying over 38 weeks. 

• Haha 1

If we are meeting the release clause we have to lodge the full amount with FIFA or EUFA I can't remember which and they pay the club. The only way instalments can be used is the selling club agreeing to sell without triggering the release clause.

3 minutes ago, goodymatt said:

Athletic article also says Vitinha is one of 3 players we are looking atm for forward positions, assume Sulemana is being considered the 3rd and not Andre Ayew?

Bit late to be “looking at”.

We’ve had months to look at. Now is time to get it done. 

• Like 2