January 2023 Transfer Window

mcbendy

21 minutes ago, Crab Lungs said:

Gearing up for the big ‘oh we tried, circumstances, relaxed etc’ rubbish or…. here’s Ghanaian international striker Andre Ayew’

Always our top target, we had to work really hard to beat a host of other top clubs around Europe. Andre will add experience and power to our forward line bringing with him a prolific scoring record in league and international football

Andre  said “I’m delighted to be here As soon as I heard Southampton were interested there was only one choice. this is a massive club in a false postion and I cant wait to get started.”

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

44 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Just saw that Chelsea are going to break the British transfer record on that Argentina fella, how are they able to do this? That's around £600m spent in 7 months. There are uneven playing fields and then there's that.

Do they have to sell a few to balance ffp rules ?

I think we’re in for a frustrating day watching our rivals strengthen whilst we either bin dip a freebie or get no one.

Whilst Semmens et al remind us all again how relaxed the club is about the window, how tried desperately hard but won’t be held to ransom and reinforce just how strong the team already is.

Urghhhhh.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Well I'm quite confident we'll see at least one in tomorrow now. 

I think Vitinha is the "we tried, gapko" bid, but I'd be more than happy with Onuachu at this late stage.

Our league position has a massive factor on potential signings, this really can't be underestimated.

If a team comfortably in mid table comes in and matches our offer we've got no chance. 

Hopefully we can fly a couple over and get the deals done sharpish! 

2 minutes ago, davefizzy14 said:

I wonder whether we will get two from Vitinha, Onuachu and Dembele. Hopefully exciting news coming up.

Athletic saying Dembele is one for the summer as he wants to run down his contract. Would be amazing if we got the other 2 but at this point I’d be very happy with either!

8 minutes ago, davefizzy14 said:

I wonder whether we will get two from Vitinha, Onuachu and Dembele. Hopefully exciting news coming up.

I think you’re in for disappointment sadly. 
this is a club full of bluster and hot air, lacking in anything resembling cajones or minerals.

#welcomeayew

Edited by Crab Lungs
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Crab Lungs said:

Another Twitter trash parrot

To be fair they don’t pretend to be anything other than an aggregator of saints news and always name the source. 

I find them useful to find out rumours quickly and not have root through most of the drivel on here.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, maysie said:

To be fair they don’t pretend to be anything other than an aggregator of saints news and always name the source. 

I find them useful to find out rumours quickly and not have root through most of the drivel on here.

Fair one. So many parrots these days. One has even made a decent living out of it (Crook).

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Crab Lungs said:

I think we’re in for a frustrating day watching our rivals strengthen whilst we either bin dip a freebie or get no one.

Whilst Semmens et al remind us all again how relaxed the club is about the window, how tried desperately hard but won’t be held to ransom and reinforce just how strong the team already is.

Urghhhhh.

I have to ask……….have you copied and pasted this from the last half a dozen windows!?

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

They are apparently getting round it by amortising the values over 7 years rather than the usual 5. UEFA are changing the FFP rules to close this loophole.

If they don't get Champions League they are well and truly fucked. And I for one cannot wait.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, davefizzy14 said:

Please let's make this happen 🙏 Vitinha is amazing.

Since becoming a part of the first team, the young forward has scored 14 goals in 42 league appearances, including seven in 17 appearances in the 2022/23 season.

Yes as exciting as getting Adam Armstrong with better stats from a stronger league than the 2 team Portuguese friendly league.

Just now, Saint_Ash said:

Paul Onuachu looks like someone who can come in and bang in goals immediately. Amazing scoring record over the years. 

Get him over the line. 

I know. Onuachu has a phenomenal scoring record. Exactly what we need up top. Hopefully with Vitinha 🙏

1 minute ago, Jonnyboy said:

So to avoid having to read 10 pages, any concrete news today? 

Bid in for Vitinha of Braga (£26m). 

Bid in for Paul Onatchu of Genk (not sure how much, probably £15-20m).

Attempted to get Dembele, may still have legs but not sure.

Interested in Ayew on a free.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jonnyboy said:

So to avoid having to read 10 pages, any concrete news today? 

In summary:

Vitinha - we are meeting his release clause. Not seen anything on player side yet. OM mixed reports of being out of the race or bidding against us. We are ‘confident’ of getting him signed before the deadline. 

Demebele - we apparently bid but he isn’t interested moving before his contract expires this summer.

Onuachu - we had a bid rejected last week but are back in and ‘doing everything we can to bring him to the PL’

• Like 1