January 2023 Transfer Window

mcbendy

The only thing I would say about Onuacho is why the fuck are we leaving that until deadline day?

A bloody Genk player at 28. We should be able to table a decent bid to them and we can afford any salary he could expect. His chance to play Premier League and on top of that Rasmus knows him. Should be pretty straightforward.

We could have got that done on New Years Day, not Deadline day.

Edited by CB Fry
  • Like 14

Just now, CB Fry said:

The only thing I would say about Onuacho is why the fuck are we leaving that until deadline day?

A bloody Genk player at 28. We should be able to take a decent bid to them and we can afford any salary he could expect. His chance to play Premier League and on top of that Rasmus knows him.

Or ideally, last summer 🤷🏼‍♂️

3 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

A bloody Genk player at 28. We should be able to table a decent bid to them and we can afford any salary he could expect. His chance to play Premier League and on top of that Rasmus knows him. Should be pretty straightforward.

My cynical view is that the stuff coming out today are all the players we've 'tried' to sign over the course of the entire window, just so we look active in the final 24 hrs and can play the ''we tried so hard'' card tomorrow.

Let's see what happens.

• Like 3

Vitinha and Dembele both interest me. Would be huge wages but equally would be worth the gamble now.

As for Onuacho, 28 year old giant, has he got pace and muscle, or is he just being brought in to be a lump in the box? Everton also linked now.

Ayew link is quite funny, and given our recent years would be peak-Saints on deadline day.

As someone else has said, why the fuck have we left it til the last second again? Imagine having a goal scorer or a creative player for the Forest, Fulham games etc?! 🤦🏻‍♂️

1 minute ago, hypochondriac said:

There we go. 

There what goes? A player we are linked with is linked with other clubs, this is bog standard stuff. I doubt there has ever been a transfer of any player to any club in the history of world football, where they weren't also linked to someone else, and yet people act as if this is surprising and disappointing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bangkoksaint said:

I have to ask……….have you copied and pasted this from the last half a dozen windows!?

Would make total sense to post similar comments for past 3 years, or has the past few years all been a nightmare and im going to wake up tomorrow with us having had amazing strikers on our books the whole time?

Edited by Spark
phrasing

Clubs can’t be tracking our dealings before jumping in at the last minute to gazump us, surely?  It all just seems like bluster to create drama across social media on deadline day for us fans to lap up for the next 24 hours.  I just don’t see the Vitinha/Onuachu deals happening. 

6 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

There what goes? A player we are linked with is linked with other clubs, this is bog standard stuff. I doubt there has ever been a transfer of any player to any club in the history of world football, where they weren't also linked to someone else, and yet people act as if this is surprising and disappointing.

I'm not disappointed at all. I was waiting for the inevitable link to another club and then him going elsewhere and there it is. 

4 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

I'm not disappointed at all. I was waiting for the inevitable link to another club and then him going elsewhere and there it is. 

But you have no idea what's really going on behind the scenes and who the serious bidders are. He might come here, we might never have been interested at all. This is just bog standard stuff. Like I said, every transfer which has ever happened has involved links to other clubs. Orsic was linked to other clubs, which had some fans hysterically demanding we just pay whatever Zagreb were asking to get it done, and yet here he is.

Vitinha sounded Gakpo levels of too-good-be-true anyway. Whatever the transfer window equivalent of virtue signalling is, that rumour is it. Any club can meet a release clause if they want. Never coming to us at the bottom of the league. So forget that.

But If we can't even sign a 28 year old from Genk known by our transfer guru then he ain't that much of a bloody guru.

1 minute ago, saintant said:

We're getting Ayew aren't we? The rest was just the usual smoke and mirrors to allow Semmens and Ankersen to claim we tried for bigger fish but only minnows want to swim in our pond. This club is so unambitious.

This club is bottom of the table, has a weak squad, a manager nobody outside England has heard of, and probably hasn't as much money as some think. We are not so much unambitious, just totally unattractive.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

But you have no idea what's really going on behind the scenes and who the serious bidders are. He might come here, we might never have been interested at all. This is just bog standard stuff. Like I said, every transfer which has ever happened has involved links to other clubs. Orsic was linked to other clubs, which had some fans hysterically demanding we just pay whatever Zagreb were asking to get it done, and yet here he is.

The exact same thing happened in the summer where we were heavily linked to players and got gazumped or it fell through. My expectations are very low after the last window so it's difficult to disappoint. 

Just now, EBS1980 said:

Don’t believe everything people put on twitter! People jumping on the back on random tweets. If it gets reported by reliable accounts then maybe buy any Tom dick or Harry less so…

This is very true, so much nonsense gets spouted in the next 24 hrs.

It's on, off, on, off. It was never on, but it's off anyway. etc.

No point getting worked up over every single random tweet development there is, just see where we are come this time tomorrow. 

Just now, S-Clarke said:

This is very true, so much nonsense gets spouted in the next 24 hrs.

It's on, off, on, off. It was never on, but it's off anyway. etc.

No point getting worked up over every single random tweet development there is, just see where we are come this time tomorrow. 

Especially non blue ticker accounts (genuine ones not those who pay for it to try and make themselves look important)