January 2023 Transfer Window

mcbendy

1 minute ago, hypochondriac said:

I think it would be better to avoid discussing this until its a lot closer to happening. Been burnt too many times! 

i keep waiting for the twitter post where another premier club has come in for him and we've backed away. Shall we have a sweepstake on what time? I'll say 9.48am tomorrow.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

Well then... footballinsider are a pretty terrible source but they do have the occasional hit.

He scored this the other day -

Can I be the first to say he will be ideal for us.

Never heard of him.

Dont know anything about him but why haven’t we signed him yet.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nordic Saint said:

But they bought him from the J-League where transfer fees are ridiculously low. The same is true of the K-League, which is why Japanese and Korean players are such bargains. We could get a great striker like Cho Gue-sung for a similar price if we wanted to.

We already have a Korean striker...Scuff Too Wide...I'll get my coat...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Asked my mate who supports Benfica for a quick review and he said -

"He's very combative and doesn't give defenders a rest. Good link up play and is really intense every min he's on pitch. Haven't watched enough to know if he's consistent with finishing but every time I see him he's looked good."

Got to post the fbref as well, seems hardworking for sure.

spacer.png

• Like 1

Dembele would be a great signing, an almost perfect one. Only second to Danny Ings for me for the best realistic striker we could've signed before the window and that's only because Ings is a known entity for both us and in the league. But, Ings had the question marks over his injury record, which he's currently living up to, while there are some patchy season's on Dembele's record and a question mark on whether he can do it consistently at a higher level than he's played before.

However, Dembele is a natural finisher, doesn't do a lot of the pretty things, but he does know where the net is and that's what we need right now. A striker who can put away the few clear cut chances that we can create during a match.

Now, my only thinking is, is that he reportedly rejected us in the summer. We're now in a worse position than we were in the summer, so why would he be willing to join on January's deadline day?

Know nothing of Vitinha, and Football Insider is a dodgy source.

2 hours ago, Pilchards said:

Think the biggest problem we have is we are bottom of the league, we offer probably the worst wages plus we have a twat of a manager.

Other than that I’m hopeful we can sign someone who’s fucking mad to join us.

This is the kind of decisive focussed realism we need in the Boardroom.

Marseille dropped out - did we do aa bournemouth and everton ? 

Vitinha moves away from OM

OM would have liked to sign the Portuguese striker from Braga, Vitinha (22), but not at any price. The Portuguese club does not want to let go of its striker for less than 30 million euros, which corresponds to the player's release clause. Marseille, who were ready to offer around 20 million euros as explained yesterday by RMC Sport , are absolutely unwilling to reach this amount. Within the club, we are therefore categorical and we therefore let it be known that Vitinha will not come to OM this winter.