Nathan Jones

Master Bates

Welcome and good luck Nathan Jones and Co, hope you get spurred on by the negative support you've received so far from some of the fan base.

Another reason you're a good appointment is because you fit into a favourite song of mine.

THIS IS WHAT IT'S LIKE TO BE POMPEY,THIS IS WHAT IT'S LIKE TO BE POOR, YOU GOT COWLEY, WE GOT NATHANIEL JONES, NATHANIEL JONES, NATHANIEL JONES

• Like 1

Jones Out. There I said it first. 😛

Seriously he has my support as long as he picks a formation that suits us, picks players in their strongest positions and gets players performing. We need transfers in January but he's got, what, 2 or 3 games before then to see what we've got currently. 

• Like 1

Welcome to the club Mr Jones.

If you can get these useless bunch of cunts playing better football than the shit Ralph gave us this season plus get Che Adams looking like a striker again then you’re the man.

Good luck as you’re gonna need it as so many are already gunning for you!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Master Bates said:

Welcome and good luck Nathan Jones and Co, hope you get spurred on by the negative support you've received so far from some of the fan base.

Another reason you're a good appointment is because you fit into a favourite song of mine.

THIS IS WHAT IT'S LIKE TO BE POMPEY,THIS IS WHAT IT'S LIKE TO BE POOR, YOU GOT COWLEY, WE GOT NATHANIEL JONES, NATHANIEL JONES, NATHANIEL JONES

Bloody hell I’d argue Cowley is a bigger name than Jones.

THIS IS WHAT IT'S LIKE TO BE SOUTHAMPTON,THIS IS WHAT IT'S LIKE TO BE POOR, WE HAD POCH AND KOEMAN, NOW ITS FUCKING NATHAN JONES, NATHAN JONES

• Haha 1

Hello. Some pointers:

don’t be shit. 
don’t be pellegrino-esque with the shit football and the obliviousness and self-delusion.
Don’t recommend unskilled, unsuitable players to us at high prices just because you worked with them before.

dont play awful, route one football - let’s not completely lose all of the progress we have made in this project so far. 

don’t lose 9-0

don’t bring god into every interview

Don’t bang the club crest at least immediately. It seems fake. Let’s learn about each other and hopefully we might like each other eventually. 

thanks

• Like 3

How difficult is it? There's a page where you can voice your opinion on whether you want Nathan Jones here.

This is a WELCOME thread.

If you want to post negative, manic depressive shit, and set yourself up for "I told you so" posts after the first bad result, go to the first one.

If you want Jones - and therefore Saints - to succeed, use this one.

It's not rocket science.

Good luck Nathan. We're behind you. Well, most of us.

• Like 19

1 minute ago, CanadaSaint said:

Good luck Nathan. We're behind you. Well, most of us.

Most of us?! Are you sure about that? The poll says differently.

I think one the problems the fans have is that SR haven’t communicated any of their intentions about the club. No PR. And at a time when everything is difficult and divisive - they’ve appointed a manager that has NO top flight experience (any country) and NO quantifiable achievements that relate to us, and excite the fan base. Plus his football is negative and more of the same that we’ve had recently….

so yeah. My post was a welcome. 
Don’t be Shit. 

1 hour ago, bpsaint said:

Bloody hell I’d argue Cowley is a bigger name than Jones.

THIS IS WHAT IT'S LIKE TO BE SOUTHAMPTON,THIS IS WHAT IT'S LIKE TO BE POOR, WE HAD POCH AND KOEMAN, NOW ITS FUCKING NATHAN JONES, NATHAN JONES

Yes, I understand the feeling but when Adkins came from Scunthorpe I hadn't a clue who he was--and that worked out ok

• Like 1

Proof will be in the pudding but dont expect anything at liverpool but at least most of our squad isnt going to the world cup so he has plenty of time to work with them.

Hopefully he offers some new attacking approaches to get us goals and makes us more solid defensively.

Anyway welcome NJ, you must be in dreamland - Kenilworth road to the facing Liverpool.

Congrats hard work and success got you here - now its time to shine.

• Like 2

Despite my previous I hope Nathan wows us all.

He is starting on the back foot already so has nothing to lose.

Let's hope that attitude goes through the team and we become more adventurous and a little bit reckless.

If we go to Liverpool and think everyone believes we have lost before we start we can just push on and see if we can lose respectfully. And who knows maybe grab a goal or two.

Let's be honest. We can't get any worse.

11 hours ago, Master Bates said:

Except his name is not Nathaniel. It is Nathan.

Good luck to the guy, seriously underwhelmed, but he has my support. How does Ruben Sellers fit in with Jones bringingnhisncoachingbteam?

Welcome aboard the SS Southampton Nathan Jones. I actually quite like him and think he'll do well.

Regardless, SR have certainly been decisive on this one. He's one of the best up and coming managers in England, but equally its going to be a tough step up (with a young team, low confidence, and poor attackers) for his first taste of managing in the top tier. It is one hell of a gamble, but lets hope that those in charge know what they're doing - and that they buy the man some quality reinforcements in January.

Edited by Saint86
  • Like 2

I'm very pleased we've got a new manager which should have happened a lot earlier. The good news is we have time to sort things out. I liked the interview he's done and thought he came accross well talking about a clear identity which we needed and after Ralph and his man management issues, an arm around the shoulder type guy could be just what we need. I know it's a silly thing but I like the fact that English is his first language so it's less likely that things will be misinterpreted and he can articulate himself well. It remains to be seen whether he is good enough tactically and whether he has enough of a presence to inspire the players and that is a bit of a worry. His lack of prem experience is another potential issue. Praying he does enough to keep us up with reinforcements in January (early please.) I'm excited to see if he changes things up early if it's not working, if he can show he has a plan b and c and if he can instill a bit of hardiness and steel into the mentality of the players that we've really been lacking under Ralph in recent years. Best of luck to him. 

• Like 2

Delighted with this, me. Really like how he speaks, his record with what he has had is class (bar Stoke but nobody has done well there before or since) and his interview on the official website has just filled me with more confidence. Think he could really work, given time to stamp his identity and put his squad together. Talks over and over again in interviews about work rate and the will of players... So I'd expect to see a lot of changes in the next year. Not a chance a good chunk of these will survive under him.

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Nathan Jones