Saints 1-3 Brighton - Match Thread

Lighthouse

3 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Those two statements contradict each other.

I admire your valiant effort to counter every single negative comment about Jones and this team, however you appear to have missed how a coordinating conjunction works. The word 'but' in that sentence combines the two, previously contradictory, statements into a new one with different emphasis.

(I have nothing to say about the football).

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Those two statements contradict each other.

I actually disagree. Me saying this is a knee jerk reaction is a quote in real time from what I'm seeing. Asking him to be sacked, now that would be a knee jerk reaction. Definitely a difference between the two. One is immediate the other is a consequence. 

5 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

We recruited him within a day or two of Ralph going so it's not like we spent weeks agonising over candidates. This is not like when Spurs recruited Nuno last year. Nathan Jones was undeniably one of the first names on the spreadsheet, and they couldn't fucking wait to recruit him.

So don't buy this post-rationalisation bullshit from Manji or whoever his source is. What happened show you the facts. Sport Republic wanted Nathan Jones and they got him. 

@manji Keeps referencing certain things without any form of source yet claims he knows a lot of stuff in the club.

• Like 1

Just now, Chez said:

Thought Jimmy Jay might get a few minutes instead of AA. Oh well, let's see if the break has done him any favours.

Why play unknown quantity who might actually do something when you can send on pure dross?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LGTL said:

NJ is now onto his FIFTH system of the afternoon. Thank god he’s only had 6 weeks otherwise it might be ten. 

If ever a sign of someone who hasn’t a fucking clue what they’re doing. 

Think that's what we'll see. Diffetent lineups, tactics, formations for the next month with NJ complaining how he needs time to sort things out.

Damn, if only he had an extended period of time with the squad with no distractions to do this. Such bad luck.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Saint NL said:

Mara cleared it beyond Aribo, he then ran passed Aribo to chase the ball.

Aribo is the laziest player I've ever seen.

he ran back earlier, without the ball, for more than five yards.  I know, I was surprised too. But you are right, he does the bare minimum. Where do you play a guy that is like that?

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 1-3 Brighton - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic