Noodles34

MotM?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. MotM?

• Nobody
    • NOBODY, BUT IN CAPITALS
    • Niemand, aber auf Deutsch

21 minutes ago, Saint_Jonny said:

Absolutely no way in hell this team is turning this around. They are just not good enough, end of..

I have to say that the atmosphere at St Marys has become absolutely and utterly toxic. The minute Lyanco made that mistake (and it was a fucking howler) the stadium went completely against the team. Booing every sideways or backwards pass, grown men frothing at the mouth when a player didn't shoot when they had 5 players in front of them. I wouldn't be up for playing in front of a crowd so thick and inpatient if I was them either (yes I know it's been shit for years and I am sick to the back teeth of it, too, but fuck me grow a brain cell you neanderthal fuck witt knuckle dragging Pompey obsessed cunts).

First half the fans were an absolute embarrassment, by the end it just became a fucking circus. Booing players mid game is so pointless. Like why. Sing about the manager but don’t boo players, it’ll just crush any ounce of confidence. 

My word that was absolutely the worst. Feel totally defeated by that. 

• Like 1

I’m struggling to understand the logic in the selection of our CBs. We started with

ABK - Liability - Salisu

ABK gets injured, DCC comes on and we switch the line up to:

Liability - DCC - Salisu

Why isn’t DCC starting? It makes no sense to me. 

• Like 4

Just back from game. How bad was Che's miss? I was at t'other end. Looked like he should have buried it with ease. As bad as a keeper howler when strikers fail to take chances.

I hate five at the back. Hate it more with a holding midfielder. Lavia was poor too. 

Hate all these changes too. I know we didn't win at Forest, but why not start Edozie and stick with four at the back?

Lyanco and Carleta-Car were like a pair of clowns, underhitting square passes all night.

We played two at the back for the last fifteen minutes. Amazing. Might have worked if we had anything at all in the final third.

Only highlight was Stuart Armstrong assault to stop the late Forest attack. 

2 minutes ago, Wiggles31 said:

First half the fans were an absolute embarrassment, by the end it just became a fucking circus. Booing players mid game is so pointless. Like why. Sing about the manager but don’t boo players, it’ll just crush any ounce of confidence. 

Yea but you're forgetting people paid their hard earned money so they have the right to behave like tantruming toddlers in public, crying and screaming because the footballer didn't make the pass they wanted them too. Oh and Pompey, fuck those guys too, don't forget about them! Even when we're the shittest we've been for over a decade, you've got to find time to sing about a league one team. 

1 minute ago, notnowcato said:

I’m struggling to understand the logic in the selection of our CBs. We started with

ABK - Liability - Salisu

Liability - DCC - Salisu

He was horrendous with the ball tonight. As bad as you can be.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chez said:

Just back from game. How bad was Che's miss? I was at t'other end. Looked like he should have buried it with ease. As bad as a keeper howler when strikers fail to take chances.

I hate five at the back. Hate it more with a holding midfielder. Lavia was poor too. 

Hate all these changes too. I know we didn't win at Forest, but why not start Edozie and stick with four at the back?

Lyanco and Carleta-Car were like a pair of clowns, underhitting square passes all night.

We played two at the back for the last fifteen minutes. Amazing. Might have worked if we had anything at all in the final third.

Only highlight was Stuart Armstrong assault to stop the late Forest attack. 

It looked like Che was caught in two minds, he seemed to be directing some frustration at Elyounoussi not being at the far post. But really he needed to take full responsibility in that situation and just smash it, but part of his mindset and as with a lot of the players in this team is to pass up responsibility where possible. It's been a trait of us for years.

Edozie had a knock in the last game, so wasn't fit enough to start tonight as far as I know. He'd certainly play every game if he was fit though. 

Quite bizarrely the only football we played was at the back, where it was the wrong place to do it and it was creating errors all the time. DCC certainly just as culpable as Lyanco with his braindead decision making.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, notnowcato said:

ABK - Liability - Salisu

Liability - DCC - Salisu

Lyanco’s place seemed to be dictated by the fact that he was the sweeper who would hit long balls around the pitch. Most of which didn’t come off. I’m guessing DCC wasn’t entrusted with the wide CB role due to lack of pace, but it’s a guess.

Jones is determined with this 3 CB formation while we’ve all had months of watching it fail. Supposedly he’s watched all of our games this season in full detail, I can only think he missed pre season and the first couple of league games until we dispensed with the shambles of a system.

Edited by The Kraken

4 minutes ago, Chez said:

He absolutely should’ve hit the target, but it wasn’t completely glaring. A very good chance, but not as clear as the one that forest rattled the bar with at your end.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chez said:

He was horrendous with the ball tonight. As bad as you can be.

By he I’m guessing you mean DCC. The pass that springs to mind was DCC to Lyanco, where Lyanco was too square, basic defensive possession is to drop off to receive. 

7 minutes ago, Wiggles31 said:

Perhaps predictably, there wasn't much of that in the chapel end, except at half and fulltime. Not much in the way of any noise at all though. Felt somewhat out of place even shouting 'come on saints' when we won a corner. It was one fucking nil for Christ sake. Were utter shit, but at least shout. I won't be going in that end again. Only went there as forest supporting brother in law was with me. First away win in prem since 1999. 

Well that was a fun. Missed the light show … and that was easily the best part of my evening.

Every couple of weeks I seem to be saying this, but that was honestly the worst I’ve ever seen. Utterly dreadful. Ralph was done but we’re now MUCH worse.

I could write ten pages on things he got wrong, but will restrict it to agreeing with the guy above questioning the sanity of appointing a long ball manager for a squad full of slight, young players schooled by Pep’s coaches. That’ll work about as well as … well, a team losing every game.

Forest are dreadful and we are far worse. Which brings me to my second observation. On bbc radio driving back I heard Jones suggest we had enough opportunities and “there was nothing structurally wrong with our game”. 
I beg pardon??? What structure was that, cos I didn’t see any and the players didn’t seem to know about one either.

We created nothing and didn’t ever look close to creating anything (Che’s laughable miss aside). There was nothing. I’m done, the fans in the stadium all look done, the players are very clearly done.  We are utterly done.

Change manager and it probably wont save us plus Rasmus will look an utter tool. Don’t change it and we’ll struggle to get another point and Rasmus will still look an utter tool. Either way, we are done.

Edited by Chewy
Typos
  • Like 6

36 minutes ago, Saint-Reece said:

Jones’ post match comments have made even angrier, deluded fucking midget. 

Edit: Quotes added 

Fucking deluded. Can he really look at that performance and see the utter cluelessness and lack of any invention or cutting edge and think we can win games?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

He absolutely should’ve hit the target, but it wasn’t completely glaring. A very good chance, but not as clear as the one that forest rattled the bar with at your end.

Cheers. I was fuming for a while after. No less so now, but for different reasons.

I've tried to stay positive, but I'm resigned to relegation. Five at the back is shit.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, austsaint said:

I find that guff from Jones a pass-the-buck insult.    When you set up a team with three Cbs against a side who hadn't scored an away goal for so long - and compound it be having an attacking three of Elyounoussi, Adams and Mara you are inviting a shambles and that's what we got.

There was no system, no cohesion - just high diagonal hoofs to a grateful Forest defence.    Watching KWP (the only decent Saints player) become our sole attacking outlet was demoralising.   That's the saddest night of Saint's watching I've seen since Redknapp's last days.

It's probably too late now anyway - but Jones has to go.

KWP as our only creative outlet was sickening.

Very badly set up team.

5 minutes ago, notnowcato said:

By he I’m guessing you mean DCC. The pass that springs to mind was DCC to Lyanco, where Lyanco was too square, basic defensive possession is to drop off to receive. 

Yes. But it wasn't just once, almost every pass short or long was fucking crap. Lyanco error cost us, but DCC was even worse.

• Like 2

Everything about the club is a joke. The players who these useless director and owner cunts have assembled through their pathetic statistical database, so that only 2 or 3 of the starting 11 have any real premier league experience, the completely ridiculous manager who the scum wanker directors heralded as somebody who is statistically a great fit for the club and our “philosophy” 😂

the shit fans who boo the crap players during the game so they lose what little confidence they have left,

but most of all the utter pieces of non football shit that run the show. Semmens, Crocker, Steele, the Millwall security prick, the smug hipster owners, they need to be fucked off and quick. Those helmets are getting away with it and making plenty of money while the hapless players and useless manager, who they have brought here, get the stick from the stands.

Just now, Chez said:

Yes. But it wasn't just once, almost every pass short or long was fucking crap. Lyanco error cost us, but DCC was even worse.

Think I’ll agree to disagree. DCC pinged a beauty out to Perraud shortly after coming on and I don’t remember much shit from DCC that didn’t also involve Lyanco. 

Anyway, Jan is looking better with each game

7 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Well that was a fun. Missed the light show … and that was easily the best part of my evening.

Every couple of weeks I seem to be saying this, but that was honestly the worst I’ve ever seen. Utterly dreadful. Ralph was done but we’re now MUCH worse.

I could write ten pages on things he got wrong, but will restrict it to agreeing with the guy above questioning the sanity of appointing a long ball manager for a squad full of slight, young players schooled by Pep’s coaches. That’ll work about as well as … well, a team losing every game.

Forest are dreadful and we are far worse. Which brings me to my second observation. On bbc radio driving back I heard Jones suggest we had enough opportunities and “there was nothing structurally wrong with our game”. 
I beg pardon??? What structure was that, cos I didn’t see any and the players didn’t seem to know about one either.

We created nothing and didn’t ever look close to creating anything (Che’s laughable miss aside). There was nothing. I’m done, the fans in the stadium all look done, the players are very clearly done.  We are utterly done.

Change manager and it probably wont save us plus Rasmus will look an utter tool. Don’t change it and we’ll struggle to get another point and Rasmus will still look an utter tool. Either way, we are done.

The Saints fans have given up. Not much to shout about mind.

1 minute ago, Suhari said:

Agreed. But our sole second half attacking approach was to get it to him.

We have to do more than that.

He's as good as we've got as an attacking threat, as sad as that is to say. We've got nothing else.

It's been the case for some time whereby KWP has been our best attacking outlet, and it's gone unchecked in every transfer window.

I think I understand what has happened. I think Jones spent 40 days wanking himself off about the slightly improved performance at Anfield and put his feet up thinking it'd be easy with his genius system against the less able teams.

Lazy coach with lazy ideas and lazy tactics. TWAT!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, notnowcato said:

Think I’ll agree to disagree. DCC pinged a beauty out to Perraud shortly after coming on and I don’t remember much shit from DCC that didn’t also involve Lyanco. 

Anyway, Jan is looking better with each game

I'm so annoyed I could continue arguing with you or anyone all night, but agreeing to disagree makes the most sense.

Did ABK do his cruciate? Looked a nasty slip.

22 minutes ago, The Cat said:

We created one very good chance that Adams predictably missed.

Wolves, Newcastle, Fulham, tonight …

I’ve probably missed some games, but Christ, we could be halfway up the table if he could take the chances that come his way 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

He's as good as we've got as an attacking threat, as sad as that is to say. We've got nothing else.

It's been the case for some time whereby KWP has been our best attacking outlet, and it's gone unchecked in every transfer window.

He is our best attacking threat, but his crossing is absolutely woeful. 

That was abysmal. 

We don’t have time for patience, it’s obvious that Nathan Jones is out of his depth, all we’ve done since he’s come in is give the ball to Lyanco and let him lump it as hard as he can in the hope that something might happen.

This appointment was nothing more than Rasmus Ankersen trying to inflate his ego by taking a punt on someone that would make him look like a footballing genius if it worked. Well it’s not going to work.

If anyone in that board had any bottle they would get rid of Jones tonight, admit they made a mistake and get someone in who has experience at this level and may be able to help us survive. (I’m not sure we would survive anyway, but give us a fighting chance at least!)

So sad to see what is becoming of this club. 

• Like 7

Ralph must be laughing his socks off ...He did so well with so little and now we see Southampton FC bare bones and all

He did a great job with no money and crap managment , but he will laughing at whats happened since

I did like Ralph and have a memory long enough to remember the shit shows we used to have after 4 years of Ralph , those that called for him to go have returned the club to the piss poor outfit we used to be ... Well done Guys ..

None of you will of course admit to now not wanting RH

• Haha 2
  • Confused 4

14 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Agree fans and players both resigned to relegation now, expecting our crowds to drop whilst we see out the season,  players didn't want to be there tonight, they know its over. 

1 hour ago, stknowle said:

Agree with all that accept the unnecessary use of the word ‘bordering’ in the final sentence. 
Despite all this we - incredibly - are still not adrift. Sack this tw@t TONIGHT get in Dyche and a vaguely competent striker and there is still a tiny glimmer of hope.

Dyche wouldn’t want the job… he builds teams based on strength, size and physicality. Our current squad has nothing. I don’t think many managers would touch us.

4 minutes ago, SaturdayGirl said:

Ralph must be laughing his socks off ...He did so well with so little and now we see Southampton FC bare bones and all

He did a great job with no money and crap managment , but he will laughing at whats happened since

I did like Ralph and have a memory long enough to remember the shit shows we used to have after 4 years of Ralph , those that called for him to go have returned the club to the piss poor outfit we used to be ... Well done Guys ..

How many said they wanted a league 1 manager? 

• Like 4

The formation isn’t the issue. Would playing 4-2-2-2 or 4-3-3 make players win tackles, make Che Adams hit the target or stop Prowse slowing the game down every fucking time. There’s a lack of intensity, a lack of desire and a lack of will to win that runs deep in the culture of the club.

KWP played well, Moi put a decent shift in, I thought the centre half who came on did ok, and Adam Armstrong looked lively for the short period he was on. Lyanco is shite, but he didn’t hide after his mistake. The rest, it was really men against boys. Woeful. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SaturdayGirl said:

But Ralph was floundering. 90th out of 92 for the year. We needed to get shot but the board shit the bed on the appointment.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, SaturdayGirl said:

I didn’t fucking want him. It’s his side, he’s moulded this lot for 4 years. Replacing him with a dud doesn’t make him a better manager. As poor as we were tonight we’ve been as bad under Ralph and he had Danny Ings for 2 seasons. 

• Like 4

That was utterly dreadful. How could the management allow such a disintegration in form.

Slow, ponderous, no movement.... none. Endless long balls easily cut out. Boring predictable set routines. They don't seem to be able to pass to each other.

Goal came from Lyanco fannying about, but he was wasn't the only pne. All the defenders got caught on the ball far too frequently.

That was because Cooper put three attackers on our three fragile defenders. That should have provided space elsewhere, but our srarues failed to take advantage.

You can see the players hate this system and definitely have not bought in to it.

Forest were garbage, they'll be down with us.

As S Clarke says, it's done now. There is no coming back. I haven't heard boos like that for a long time if ever.

So avoidable as well. There are good footballers in there but first Ralph and now Jones have ruined them.

At the end Salisu sprinted off the pitch down the tunnel. No doubt to ring his agent.

What a fiasco.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, SaturdayGirl said:

blinkered-middle-aged-man-wearing-blinkers-42784970.jpg

16 minutes ago, SaturdayGirl said:

Piss off would you

• Like 2

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 0-1 Forest - Match Thread
14 minutes ago, SaturdayGirl said:

How many times are you going to post variations on this bullshit opinion over and over again? You've been on this forum for a couple of weeks and this is all you have contributed, repeatedly.

Ralph had run his course and we'd won one in nine before he was sacked. He oversaw one of the worst win rates for any club in England in 2022. The end of last season was an utter embarrassment. His time was clearly up.

His sacking was justified, as was sacking him in the summer, which is probably what should have happened.

• Like 10

Been watching Saints for 22 years and that’s in the top 3 worse performances I’ve ever seen from us, including the 9-0s.

Never seen a team so devoid of a single clue as to what they were doing. 

Appointing a championship manager to keep you in the Premier League is only going to end one way, especially when his style of football is back-foot, counter attacking and hoofball which we simply don’t have the players to play with. 

Go down, get rid of most of this squad who are bunch of losers and start again. 11 seasons and out.

• Like 1