Noodles34

MotM?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. MotM?

• Nobody
    • NOBODY, BUT IN CAPITALS
    • Niemand, aber auf Deutsch

4 minutes ago, stknowle said:

I know it’s a cliche but I genuinely cannot see where the next point is coming from under this utter buffoon. TF we have 1 more point than Derby’s record low.

Not so much points, but I'd love to see an open play goal! There's nothing in our play that seems to suggest we know how to make an opening. Our only goals have been a penalty (which was missed tbf) and a free kick since our return, our approach play is just non-existent and bordering on embarrassing for this level. 

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 1

Ah well, it's only football. At least all is well in the world.........................! 

Which reminds me, need to get a train tomorrow for a hospital appointment, then draw out £200 as a couple of things are short in the cupboard, expecting an important letter in the post, will put a tenner aside for a cheeky pint and then back home to a slightly warm house. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 6
  • Sad 2

20 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

I have never watched so much shit in my entire life. I won't even bother going into each half as they were both as bad as each other.

This was a team with no idea what to do, they all looked like they'd never seen a football before. When they got into an attacking area they froze, when they got pressed in defence they froze. There was no tactical approach, no pass and move, no press, nothing. The single and most consistent thing we did was get the ball and lump it long, that was it.

What is most bizarre about that is we keep doing it when we do not have the players to play that way, I just don't understand why they think launching long balls to Adams or Ely is going to work - it's just surreal what we're watching, it doesn't make any sense and I don't understand where this is coming from as it was happening under Ralph as well.

I'm pretty much resigned to where we are now, that's it done for me. There's no way out of this, not now. If we came out of the WC break firing and knocked our home games out of the park then yeah, we'd have given ourselves a chance. But we've lost every one and we're now more than a game adrift at the bottom of the league, there's no way out. It's done.

This has been an event that has been brewing for years, it's not something that's happened overnight or under the watch of a specific person...we've been going this direction for a while and this is the season it has seemingly all come to the fore. 

I hold no grudges to Jones, but the bloke looks like a lower league manager and acts like one. He doesn't provide me with any genuine hope that he has any idea what to do and I kind of feel sorry for him. The decision to appoint a somewhat rookie manager to coach a rookie bunch of young players is ludicrous and one of the worst decisions this club have ever made.

Everton up next, I think we know how that will end so no point in really preparing for anything else. We might as well keep our powder dry this window, nothing will change the situation now - we'll need as much money as we can get next season so we can try and assemble a somewhat competitive team in a lower league.

Agree with absolutely every word of this. Depressingly, horribly spot on. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Not so much points, but I'd love to see an open play goal! There's nothing in our play that seems to suggest we know how to make an opening. Our only goals have been a penalty (which was missed tbf) and a free kick since our return, our approach play is just non-existent and bordering on embarrassing for this level. 

Agree with all that accept the unnecessary use of the word ‘bordering’ in the final sentence. 
Despite all this we - incredibly - are still not adrift. Sack this tw@t TONIGHT get in Dyche and a vaguely competent striker and there is still a tiny glimmer of hope.

• Like 3

I’m losing all faith, like many other posters it seems.

The only positive I can think of is that there is still half a season plus Brentford rearranged game to go, we could make some drastic changes either in the transfer market or manager and maybe we can fight to the end with the other crap teams at the bottom: Bompey, Forest, Everton, Wolves and maybe Leeds.

4 games feels mad to be thinking like this but he looks like Ralph did when he’d lost his way. F-me we are awful, for 12 months solid we have been pathetic. We’ve just lost another game without the other team having to actually earn a goal. 

Edited by goodymatt
Spelling

7 minutes ago, Appy said:

The players are a pile of wank, bottlejob wankers, but you can’t get rid of all of them.

The team that just beat us managed to bring in 26 or so in one window. Sure, we'd have to accept paying the salaries of the ones we've got too, as it's unlikely there would be many takers. But it might be possible. Just let me have a moment to pretend it's possible at least... 🙂

2 minutes ago, woodsaint1 said:

Fucking hell. Cant help but draw comparisons to that useless prick who took over as Director in 'Sunderland til I die' and used that same song to "hype' the fans. We're on the same tragic pathway

Yes, I can see us back in League One in a couple of years.

• Like 2

How can he say we created chances? We did the exact opposite of that.. we didn't get a sniff after the Adams miss, we didn't look like scoring at all.

And as for him being 'surprised' at the fans booing, what the fuck?

But don't worry everyone, because he's come from the Welsh mining community - that means everything will be alright.

I think even the mumbling Claude Puel made more sense in press conferences.

• Haha 1

That was the first game I’ve seen in person of the Nathan Jones era - I won’t be returning.

That was pitiful. Five at the back against relegation rivals in a must win game was disastrous, and still we concede from defensive mistakes.

It was clear we were overrun in midfield from the off, sack of a defender and stick another midfielder in there.

Edozie is not a LWB. Passing sideways will not score you goals, and route one football to Che Adams who is surrounded by three defenders is not a tactical master stroke. And he missed what should’ve been another guaranteed goal from any striker who can shoot on target.

I spent most of the game facepalming and laughing and how far we have fallen. I don’t see where the next point will come from this season, or how we will attract players to improve us.

Who would join little old Southampton who sit soundly at the bottom of the league and work under Nathan Jones? At least Sean Dyche or Steven Gerrard (who aren’t my favourites) would be a better choice and attract a player or two.

SR have got this badly, badly wrong.

Yes it’s tight and there are sixty up for grabs, but if those are our tactics this season then bloody hell, we may as well call it a day now.

But hey, the “ground-breaking“ lightship was marginally impressive so we’ll done Sport Republic.

Kasper had a lot to answer for; and if I were Dragon I’d be questioning what the fuck he is doing with my money!

Absolutely no way in hell this team is turning this around. They are just not good enough, end of..

I have to say that the atmosphere at St Marys has become absolutely and utterly toxic. The minute Lyanco made that mistake (and it was a fucking howler) the stadium went completely against the team. Booing every sideways or backwards pass, grown men frothing at the mouth when a player didn't shoot when they had 5 players in front of them. I wouldn't be up for playing in front of a crowd so thick and inpatient if I was them either (yes I know it's been shit for years and I am sick to the back teeth of it, too, but fuck me grow a brain cell you neanderthal fuck witt knuckle dragging Pompey obsessed cunts).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tanlee said:

Hard to see the positives after that, but there is still 60 points to play for.. Hope that's a positive 

In all seriousness it will be less painful for us all to accept that things won't get any better this season and we will be going down. It's the hope that gets you and I no longer have any after the appointment of Jones. It was a massive mistake and an opportunity missed by SR who continue to prove that they have about as much idea of how to run a football club as Liz Truss had of running the country. Along with many others I was excited when RS took over but it's time to accept that they are just a bunch of frauds who pulled the wool over our eyes along with the useless Semmens. I'd love to know what Dragan makes of it all because presumably he'll be the big loser financially. Where we go from here is anybody's guess but let's hope we are not in free fall and can get through this and come out the other side stronger - I won't hold my breath.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SambaMaverick said:

How can he say we created chances? We did the exact opposite of that.. we didn't get a sniff after the Adams miss, we didn't look like scoring at all.

And as for him being 'surprised' at the fans booing, what the fuck?

But don't worry everyone, because he's come from the Welsh mining community - that means everything will be alright.

That would explain why he's taken us to rock bottom, and started to dig

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Anyone got a link? 

BBC here.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64106273

“We didn't have enough quality”.

”They’ve been low on confidence for a while”.

“We gifted them a goal and that’s symptomatic of what’s been going on here over a long period of time”

Fuck off. Absolute chancer.

Edited by The Kraken
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Disco Stu said:

Highlight was the fistfight in the Chapel stand during the first half.

I missed that, gutted. Was it due to Forest fans in there? About 6 got kicked out the Kingsland/Chapel corner near us after they scored. 

Just now, The Cat said:

I missed that, gutted. Was it due to Forest fans in there? About 6 got kicked out the Kingsland/Chapel corner near us after they scored. 

Not sure how it kicked off but that would be my guess. Something like this happening was inevitable.

14 minutes ago, Saint_Jonny said:

Absolutely no way in hell this team is turning this around. They are just not good enough, end of..

I have to say that the atmosphere at St Marys has become absolutely and utterly toxic. The minute Lyanco made that mistake (and it was a fucking howler) the stadium went completely against the team. Booing every sideways or backwards pass, grown men frothing at the mouth when a player didn't shoot when they had 5 players in front of them. I wouldn't be up for playing in front of a crowd so thick and inpatient if I was them either (yes I know it's been shit for years and I am sick to the back teeth of it, too, but fuck me grow a brain cell you neanderthal fuck witt knuckle dragging Pompey obsessed cunts).

Post of the day 👆

15 minutes ago, Saint_Jonny said:

The fans don't necessarily expect us to win every game. But to not have a shot on target against arguably one of the worst teams in the league isn't acceptable. The fans have every right to show their displeasure.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

BBC here.

“We gifted them a goal and that’s symptomatic of what’s been going on here over a long period of time”

Tbh I just listened to that and I don't think what he said was that bad. I still think he's a muppet who should leave but that actually interview was alright under the circumstances. 

17 minutes ago, Saint_Jonny said:

I don't think it's fair to throw this back at the fans, although I'm sure the club are chomping at the bit to do just that.

Like you said, we've witnessed crap for many years. This has been a miserable 'pleasure' trip for too long now. I get frustrated myself with the impatience football fans in general have, but surely after watching that and everything that has proceeded it you have to understand why there are reactions like that?

Some of the reactions are over the top, irrational and emotional, but they will be - and the club need to understand that will be the case. It's not even like we're fighting on the pitch, there's nothing to get behind right now.

• Like 1

Forget the game, I want someone to explain why we've appointed a manager to play ineffective long ball hoofball with a squad built around recruiting sleight, technically gifted young players.

No point even talking about staying up - I need to understand why we'd appoint a coach who'd so obviously devalue the assets we'll need to flog to break-even or rebuild next year. 

I assumed we'd go down with Jones but at least see his vaunted impact on developing a promising but inconsistent group of young players who weren't quite ready for the PL. But that's clearly not the plan. So what is? 

Edited by Rich102
  • Like 7

Just home now. I’m usually an optimist but we are a completely useless club from top to bottom. 
Not sure any player has the right to call themselves a professional footballer- can’t defend, can’t attack, can’t win a second ball, can’t score. 
Jones is not up to the job and neither are the owners. 
I thought the crowd could have been far more vocal in showing their displeasure tonight - I think we’ve all sunk into a pit of depression. 
I’m  surprised they don’t play the Benny Hill tune all through the match - it’s made for headless chickens running about. 
And don’t get me started on the light show. 

6 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Tbh I just listened to that and I don't think what he said was that bad. I still think he's a muppet who should leave but that actually interview was alright under the circumstances. 

We’ll have to agree to disagree.

It’s no good him saying “we just can gift sides goals”, while also picking a liability in Lyanco who had a horror show last game whereby he was a defensive calamity, then he has picked him again. It’s no good saying “it’s on me” when he’s had weeks and weeks to imprint his style on this team and we are demonstrably worse than before. It’s no good saying we were comfortable in defence when they scored and had the second best chance of the game when they rattled the bar from a free shot just a few yards out.

Its just nonsense words that aren’t cutting through with his players or the supporters. It’s just weak.

Edited by The Kraken
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

I tried to reply to say something similar but the site crashed. He said the buck stops with him and none of the stuff that Kraken quoted is incorrect.

3 minutes ago, SambaMaverick said:

The worst quotes are on Twitter here:

https://twitter.com/markgwyatt?t=B2n4vHDQk2lgenLhLLfK0w&s=09

Apart from the bit about us defending better now there's nothing wrong with what he said in those quotes either.

I'm not defending his team selection, tactics or whatever because they seem poor but he doesn't deserve to be slagged off for saying things that are true.

Just now, The Kraken said:

We’ll have to agree to disagree.

It’s no good him saying “we just can gift sides goals”, while also picking a liability in a Lyanco who had a horror show last game whereby he was defensive calamity, then he has picked him again. It’s no good saying “it’s on me” when he’s had weeks and weeks to imprint his style in this team and we are demonstrably worse than before. It’s no good saying we were comfortable in defence when they scored and had the second best chance of the game when they rattled the bar from a free shot just a few yards out.

Its just nonsense words that aren’t cutting through with his players or the supporters. It’s just weak.

I'm not sure what he's supposed to say after a performance like that. At least he was blaming himself which is better than shifting responsibility. He said it's on him and I believe him. 

I was one of those who had to put up with the Branfoot era which was long ball but at least with a lump of a target man to aim for.

Nathan Jones tactic just seems to be wallop it forward and hope for the best and there isnt a Matt Le Tissier in the wings that a decent Manager (Alan Ball!!) to work into a more suitable system.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

BBC here.

I find that guff from Jones a pass-the-buck insult.    When you set up a team with three Cbs against a side who hadn't scored an away goal for so long - and compound it be having an attacking three of Elyounoussi, Adams and Mara you are inviting a shambles and that's what we got.

There was no system, no cohesion - just high diagonal hoofs to a grateful Forest defence.    Watching KWP (the only decent Saints player) become our sole attacking outlet was demoralising.   That's the saddest night of Saint's watching I've seen since Redknapp's last days.

It's probably too late now anyway - but Jones has to go.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Cat said:

I tried to reply to say something similar but the site crashed. He said the buck stops with him and none of the stuff that Kraken quoted is incorrect.

Apart from the bit about us defending better now there's nothing wrong with what he said in those quotes either.

I'm not defending his team selection, tactics or whatever because they seem poor but he doesn't deserve to be slagged off for saying things that are true.

"We created chances" - is that not a barefaced lie?

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 0-1 Forest - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic