Summer Transfer Window 2023

FarehamSaintJames

2 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Exactly 

But we knew they were leaving at that stage. Or at least JWP and Lavia anyway. So to say they were making the squad stronger when it was inevitable they would leave is erroneous. 

Their replacements may not be man for man as high level, but the important thing is they want to be here. And in Tino's case, we still have a better player in his position in KWP. So a squad with slightly lesser but motivated players is, IMO, stronger than one with talented individuals whose heads are elsewhere.

• Like 1

Just now, FarehamSaintJames said:

He’s bankrupt. Probably doing it for a bet. 😂

SSN is horrific now when it comes to deadline day. Haven’t watched it for probably a decade.

In "fairness' to them they were having to work with the earth shattering news of Lokonga to Luton, Rob Holding to Arsenal and Sofyan Amberat to Man Utd.

Truly, who gives a fuck tho.?

KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP KWP 

• Like 2

I didn't want to tempt fate earlier, but I had KWP as one of the first to leave - in the same bracket as Lavia, JWP etc - our proven PL players. The fact there has never been any noise about him is so odd, he's knuckled down, play in all the games and hasn't entertained any chatter. 

Keeping someone like KWP is absolutely huge for me. He is proven established PL quality, way too good for this level. Staggered there have been no takers.

• Like 15

1 minute ago, S-Clarke said:

I didn't want to tempt fate earlier, but I had KWP as one of the first to leave - in the same bracket as Lavia, JWP etc - our proven PL players. The fact there has never been any noise about him is so odd, he's knuckled down, play in all the games and hasn't entertained any chatter. 

Keeping someone like KWP is absolutely huge for me. He is proven established PL quality, way too good for this level. Staggered there have been no takers.

Proper admiration for him staying with us. Hope he gets a decent reception from the fans against Leicester to show it’s appreciated 👏🏻

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Well surely if KWP said that he was happy here and didn’t want a move, Saints would be stupid not to ensure he was not put on the market. Let’s face it, he of all players knows what it’s like to be a bit part player and that’s why he came to Saints. I’m convinced that for whatever reason he really likes the club.

Edited by Saint Fan CaM
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, miserableoldgit said:

A Tweet that may be worth holding on to for future reference...

So negative and focussed on one thing, on balance we have had a decent window we’ve lost some good/great players but held onto a few as well and have made some great additions the squad looks balanced we have good players playing in their best positions.  Top six should be an absolute minimum expectation while realistically we should be top 2/3.

11 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

I reckon there must have been enquiries, has to have been. He's a solid premier League player. Maybe we have to give the club credit for rebuffing them maybe and not leaking shit to the press. 

20 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Many a topic to pick from:

- Bazunu being shit

- Che missing open goals

- Bednarek putting through his own neg

- Away fans in the Chapel

- Rasmus taking ownership for the transfer window

😂

...and the battle of waterloo of course.

• Haha 1

Just now, Turkish said:

They’ve done the Loch Ness Drogba 👏👏👏👏👍

It’s fuckin pathetic we should stop wasting our money on these media studies grads and just announce players with a nice picture of them

holding a scarf in the ground like the good old days.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

How good the window has been will be borne out in the coming months and years, but for now, isn't it nice to feel positive after what seems like a long period of utter misery? Great to get a reboot. Have a good evening folks.

• Like 17

Just now, Chez said:

How good the window has been will be borne out in the coming months and years, but for now, isn't it nice to feel positive after what seems like a long period of utter misery? Great to get a reboot. Have a good evening folks.

Definitely the most positive since the Koeman days

• Like 2