Saints 0-1 Cherries - Match Thread

SotonianWill

1 hour ago, Nieldy said:

Who's looking forward to Newcastle next Sunday then😅

Yeh, why not ?

Bournemouth on an end of season slump… and not motivated …

Followed by Geordies who’ve just used up their goal quota for April already.

Six points. Piece of piss.

Not to be taken literally. (MLG point - I realise no such thing as goal quotas , and that AFCB still have safety to play for).

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Whitey Grandad said:

It’s been Cherries since time immemorable [sic]

Correct. There was Bournemouth Poppies & Boscombe Cherries. When we used to visit my old mans family in the 60’s all the old timers used to talk about The Cherries. To them Poppies were Bournemouth’s team. There used to be some fit chicks wandering around the pitch before the game, I think they were called The Cherry Bees. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

43 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Correct. There was Bournemouth Poppies & Boscombe Cherries. When we used to visit my old mans family in the 60’s all the old timers used to talk about The Cherries. To them Poppies were Bournemouth’s team. There used to be some fit chicks wandering around the pitch before the game, I think they were called The Cherry Bees. 

And Ken Baily 😳

1 hour ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

There used to be some fit chicks wandering around the pitch before the game, I think they were called The Cherry Bees. 

Think they dropped that act when it was revealed every single one of them had had their cherry popped. 

36 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

And Ken Baily 😳

14 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Think they dropped that act when it was revealed every single one of them had had their cherry popped. 

Probably not by Ken Bailey though.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

The fact that a couple of their players have already come out in the post-match interviews and said they dealt poorly with set pieces….. Surely this means we should be going a little more direct this week?

Or at least brushing up on putting a ball into the box.

I'm sure our management team will look at the fact that DCC is the player that has scored from corners for us and that we've got a 6-7 striker and go no lets not try and exploit Bournemouth's weakness. Let's instead pass the ball sideways slowly.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SaintZamboni said:

Had a quick look at the cherries forum. The discussion is titled ‘team v that lot’, begins with some chat about how Stephens is shit, or sometimes shit, and doesn’t defend properly. Then it becomes three fellas arguing and offering each other fights!

https://bournemouth-forum.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/team-v-that-lot.17455/

Sounds just like this place.

• Haha 1

They’re turned a corner over the last few months, but they’re still a team full of poor players. Outtara looks decent and they will cause us issues but I just have a feeling we’ll win on Thursday. Is Che fit? 

Baz; KWP DCC ABK Perraud; Lavia JWP; Walcott Alcaraz Sulemena Adams. 

15 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

The Poppies ground was over at Winton and when you played there  as schoolboys, you thought you were in the big time as you rang out from the centre of the stand.

• Like 1

Impossible to call as we never know which Saints team will turn up. I cannot for the life of me understand why Selles is not giving McCarthy a run. Firstly, he has a lot more experience in big six pointers. Secondly, Bazunu probably need to be taken out of the firing line. I have a feeling even if we win we are still going down to be honest. But knowing Saints and this season it will be a draw. Why? Because Bournemouth know we need the points more than them and will come to park the bus and we all know we cannot break teams down. It's got 0-0 written all over it. So likely it will be 3-3 or similar. Just so unpredictable.

McCarthy

KWP Bednarek ABK Perraud

S.Armstrong Lavia Djneppo

Suleman Acaraz

Adams

To hell with defence.

59 minutes ago, east-stand-nic said:

Impossible to call as we never know which Saints team will turn up. I cannot for the life of me understand why Selles is not giving McCarthy a run. Firstly, he has a lot more experience in big six pointers. Secondly, Bazunu probably need to be taken out of the firing line. I have a feeling even if we win we are still going down to be honest. But knowing Saints and this season it will be a draw. Why? Because Bournemouth know we need the points more than them and will come to park the bus and we all know we cannot break teams down. It's got 0-0 written all over it. So likely it will be 3-3 or similar. Just so unpredictable.

McCarthy

KWP Bednarek ABK Perraud

S.Armstrong Lavia Djneppo

Suleman Acaraz

Adams

To hell with defence.

Is Bednarek likely to play? I know it wasn’t officially a concussion injury but I have seen a comment in a newspaper that he needs a couple more days.

Selles will do his annoying baffling selection, followed by home chicken shit defensiveness, and they will walk all over us. Our boys get up for the big games because they're on telly and all the big clubs will be watching for any player who plays well, thus earning their quick passport out of this structurally flawed shell of a club, run by a clueless algorithm muncher with a preference for batshit appointments and crazy self-belief bordering on adoration.

Bournemouth will simply adopt the far simpler approach of 'attack, and try to score goals', which Selles laughs at as being hopelessly naive as he watches another Pep video and orders another rollneck in the H&M online sale. JWP will pop up another Spurs calendar he bought in the club shop, stuck at the month with Forster on it. The club will announced that another three people in key positions are leaving in the half-time break. And Selles will admit after the game that he has actually now looked at the table.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Is Bednarek likely to play? I know it wasn’t officially a concussion injury but I have seen a comment in a newspaper that he needs a couple more days.

He was definitely concussed as he looked like he gave a shit for once

• Haha 5

34 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Got to be honest, totally missed that. Who have we left for the CB partnership for this game? Salisu, I read is dropped with an attitude issue.

50 minutes ago, east-stand-nic said:

Got to be honest, totally missed that. Who have we left for the CB partnership for this game? Salisu, I read is dropped with an attitude issue.

It's not an attitude issue. It's to do with his contract situation, i.e. atm he isn't signing one.

Should have a choice from ABK, DCC and Lyanco at a minimum.

Edited by Saint Garrett

13 hours ago, SaintZamboni said:

Had a quick look at the cherries forum. The discussion is titled ‘team v that lot’, begins with some chat about how Stephens is shit, or sometimes shit, and doesn’t defend properly. Then it becomes three fellas arguing and offering each other fights!

https://bournemouth-forum.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/team-v-that-lot.17455/

'team vs that lot'...
that saved us from going bust

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 22/04/2023 at 09:26, Pamplemousse said:

If we play like we did last night, we'll start picking up more points.

I don't see a route to us staying up if we don't win this game. We have to win. It's as simple as that. Nothing else will do.

Irrelevant how we play, as Counter-Agent Selles will take off our best players to ensure we don't pick up any more points. He has been doing it throughout. When we need to hold onto a lead, he takes off Lavia. When we need to score a goal, he brings on a water-carrier to recycle the ball.

He can forget hopes of a career as a No1 as he is clueless. I would honestly sack him now and let the squad self-manage.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Charlie Wayman said:

GB

AMN DCC ABK KWP

JWP RL

TW KS

CA CA

With you on this. Che being back would be so important, but unless I've missed something the details regarding his injury/timeframe seem pretty ambiguous? 

For all his faults, he is by far and away the best option for how we want to play.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, aintforever said:

When the return of our 'can't score in a brothel' centre-forward is our big hope you know we are fucked.

Let’s hope he’s been practicing coughing, or licking, or achieving an erection, or literally any of the hundreds of things he could have done against Wolves which would have constituted a legitimate goal, as opposed to what he actually did.

3 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

Let’s hope he’s been practicing coughing, or licking, or achieving an erection, or literally any of the hundreds of things he could have done against Wolves which would have constituted a legitimate goal, as opposed to what he actually did.

Genuinely one of the worst misses in living memory. Standing on the half way line, we thought he'd fouled someone. But I also would have him in the team. AA against Arsenal was a waste of a player. 

Tall Paul who can't jump against Jack Stephens who also can't jump sounds like an even contest.

15 minutes ago, OnceaSaintalwaysaSaint said:

Genuinely one of the worst misses in living memory. Standing on the half way line, we thought he'd fouled someone. But I also would have him in the team. AA against Arsenal was a waste of a player. 

Tall Paul who can't jump against Jack Stephens who also can't jump sounds like an even contest.

Sadly it appears both tall Paul and Jack Stephens fit in the "cannot" play intersection of the Venn diagram of available Saints and Bournemouth players, one of them is in the contractual reasons bubble and one or possibly both in the not good enough for this league bubble 😃.

1 hour ago, HnycS said:

Sadly it appears both tall Paul and Jack Stephens fit in the "cannot" play intersection of the Venn diagram of available Saints and Bournemouth players, one of them is in the contractual reasons bubble and one or possibly both in the not good enough for this league bubble 😃.

Ah yes, of course. Despite the fact that we do badly against teams in a similar league position to us, fully expect to win this one. We seem to be able to do doubles against club this year....then on to Newcastle who must be reeling from yesterday's result. How they couldn't smash our record given the score after 20 minutes. Bunch of northern softie bottlers!

On 23/04/2023 at 14:09, jawillwill said:

Man Shitty
Manure
Spuds
Arse-anal
Chelski 
Bompey
Everbum 
Leicester Shitty
Wet Spam
Fulbum 
Not in ham Forest
Poocastle 
Gashton Villa
Brighton and Michale Gove Albion
Bentford 
Weeds
Piss tall Palace
Wolverhampton Wondering Why They're So Shit

No ScouseHampton?

Almost a full day since the last post on here with the match just a couple of days away, not really grabbing the attention. Still around 1,500 tickets available (and how many ST holders will just not bother?) - find it hard to dislike them, they're just.....well, you know.....but nice to turn them over and drag them back into it a little.

1 minute ago, The Kraken said:

Yeah, it’s the hope that kills you. Glad I’m not the only one 🤣

It suddenly occurred to me today that maybe I shouldn’t be too keen on staying up. I don’t enjoy losing most of our games and there’s no fun for me in staring at the bottom of the table trying to work out all the permutations.

I rather fancy the idea of a league without VAR and TV schedules changing the match dates and kickoff times.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

It suddenly occurred to me today that maybe I shouldn’t be too keen on staying up. I don’t enjoy losing most of our games and there’s no fun for me in staring at the bottom of the table trying to work out all the permutations.

I rather fancy the idea of a league without VAR and TV schedules changing the match dates and kickoff times.

Same. Now that I have accepted we are down, I’m looking forward to a season of hopefully not being whipping boys. 

I learned after our last trip into the football league that I don’t really care who saints play against, as long as we win some games. 

• Like 5

So who wins the 'oh go on it's your turn' team selection raffle this week.

Djenepo and S Armstrong must be  strong contenders. I mean they haven't seen many minutes lately.

Not having a clue who will be in the team is half our problem.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, macca155 said:

So who wins the 'oh go on it's your turn' team selection raffle this week.

Djenepo and S Armstrong must be  strong contenders. I mean they haven't seen many minutes lately.

Not having a clue who will be in the team is half our problem.

Well Alcaraz with his goal, assist and MOM performance is definitely going to be warming the bench for this one to teach him a lesson.

Normally if a player scores they are guaranteed to be dropped but not sure if that rule applies to Walcott - probably as the chances of scoring two games in a row is zero

• Like 3

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 0-1 Cherries - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic