A Chorus of Millions of Posts About Each Other

sadoldgit

1 hour ago, Dusic said:

Agree, however worth noting that aside from Downes there has been very little firm mention of Charles, Manning (and Lumley) deals until they were very advanced.

Partly a non PL thing but also a good sign to be able to get things done without protracted media reports.

I am sure we are weighing up loads of things and clearly will have financial backing but our two big obstacles are 1.) Some incoming are clearly tied to outgoings and 2.) Some of the players we want probably have interest from lower PL teams and also Leicester and Leeds with whom we have historically shared transfer targets.

Where does this leave the credibility of the Circle of Trust?

15 minutes ago, saintant said:

Where does this leave the credibility of the Circle of Trust?

It’s filing for bankruptcy due to its members not paying their annual subscription fees.

Although I do have it on good authority that Alex Crook has made a last minute bid to save the ailing institution.

Turkish is speaking to members and creditors but at this point my sources tell me that nothing is close.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, northam soul said:

It’s filing for bankruptcy due to its members not paying their annual subscription fees.

Although I do have it on good authority that Alex Crook has made a last minute bid to save the ailing institution.

Turkish is speaking to members and creditors but at this point my sources tell me that nothing is close.

The CoT only ends when the members of the CoT decided to end it. As the first two rules of the CoT are you so not talk about the CoT then I am afraid this is all I can say on the matter at the moment. However for those of you who believe and who haven’t been put off by those jealous and bitter of our status I can confirm that there is some GREAT new coming very soon

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

Why exactly? It is one of his most referred to and now notorious interviews and he himself mentioned it in the programme on his life shown tonight on the BBC. I actually sanitised it. In a subsequent interview with her she recalls him talking about her  “tits” and asking if they got in the way of her trying to be a serious actor. He himself says it was of it’s time but appreciated that looking back through today’s lens it was a sexist question. It is no less appropriate than referring to Peter Sellers dressed as a member of the Gestapo on his show and it is sad that you feel the need to try and point score on a thread about his passing.

Really?  So looking / ogling at someone's tits and then discussing them is sexist?

Maybe you could give some tips to Borriersaint on how to avoid being a sexist, sweaty perv?

• Like 1

Parkinson himself said his comments were sexist & he regrets the interview, so it seems strange that somebody highlights this low point on a tribute thread. I certainly won’t discussing The Frog Chorus in the McCartney thread when the great man passes. 

It’s clearly because Soggy likes HM’s tits. 

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

15 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Whilst we’re on the subject (and it is a thread about other posters) it’s telling that Soggys other highlight is Peter Sellers dressed as a Nazi, I bet there’s some Jews that didn’t find that quite as funny as Soggy clearly did. 

I wonder if the mods could add a yawning emoji which people could use when the mob start on SOG. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Whilst we’re on the subject (and it is a thread about other posters) it’s telling that Soggys other highlight is Peter Sellers dressed as a Nazi, I bet there’s some Jews that didn’t find that quite as funny as Soggy clearly did. 

Even for you that's pretty desperate.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

What about the ignore function? Using that you don’t need to bore anyone by telling others how boring they are. 

🤣You could try that with SOG, probably do you good as the weird fascination/trigger/obsession you have with him has to be unhealthy 

Then everyone wouldn't have to read your utter pony either so it would be win all round

Edited by tdmickey3
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Parkinson himself said his comments were sexist & he regrets the interview, so it seems strange that somebody highlights this low point on a tribute thread. I certainly won’t discussing The Frog Chorus in the McCartney thread when the great man passes. 

It’s clearly because Soggy likes HM’s tits. 

3 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

I wasn’t going to bother to reply to these two silly posts, but the dog and I are waiting for it to stop raining for her walk, so buckle up folks.

If you go and look at my initial post you will see that I referred to certain programmes as “classic” and not “highlights”. Things are called “classic” for a variety of reasons. That particular programme is a classic not for the reason you state, but because it demonstrates very clearly the blatant sexism at the time and the way at Helen Morren put Parkinson in his place. As you say, he himself accepts in hindsight that his line of questioning was sexist and included a clip of the interview in his own programme showing his retrospective career. Yes, it was a low point, but as he said, it was of it’s time, 1975, and serves as a historical record of culture and sexism in the 20th century. He wasn’t afraid to admit his own shortcomings and it is part and parcel of who he was then and now.

If I wanted to perv over Helen Mirren I would go and watch Age of Reason, Savage Messiah or Caligula, not a chat show on the BBC.

Regarding you comment about Peter Sellers, Freddie Starr constantly dressed up as a NAZI for laughs. John Cleese still gets laughs today for mimicking a goose stepping Hitler in Fawlty Towers. Are you going to pretend that you didn’t laugh at either out of deference to the suffering of the Jews caused by the butt of their ridicule? 

Comedians used to get easy laughs by taking the piss out of the NAZIs all the time and it had nothing to do whatsoever with denigrating the plight and feelings  of the Jewish people. We laugh at things like this as a way of dealing with our feelings over horrific deeds. It was aimed at ridiculing the perpetrators in solidarity with the victims. Understand? Probably not as you are cut from the same cloth as people like Nigel Farage.

You do have previous in ruining these RIP threads. I remember very well your deeply disrespectful comments in the “Butch” Wilkins thread when he passed away.

Anyway, moving on. There is an interesting back story about the Peter Sellers interview. Apparently he was a deeply insecure man and rarely gave interviews, preferring to appear in public as a character rather than himself. He finally agreed to appear on the Parkinson Show but had an anxiety attack before he was due to appear and told Parkinson that he couldn’t do it. Parky was less than pleased, told him that they were ready to go and that he had no choice in the matter. Sellers said he would appear as another character and Parky said do whatever but just do it. Sellers raided the costume department, finding a German helmet and long leather coat. After his introduction on stage he goose-stepped onto the set, got lots of laughs which helped to calm his anxiety and went on to give a great interview. I don’t recall any complaints about him disrespecting Jewish people at the time.

On this subject, do you think that “The Producers” should be cancelled? Surely, by your warped logic, it is anti-sematic and offends the sensibilities of Jewish people because it pokes fun at NAZI Germany?

As a man who is still so rooted in the language and culture of the 1970’s it is surprising that you seem to have so little understanding of what is going on here and what was happening at the time. You are either not very bright or are being deliberately obtuse. I am leaning towards the former.

The sun  is out now so time to walk the dog. One final word. If you are going to try and have a dig at me, think about what you post before you hit send because you tend to make yourself look stupid instead of your intended target.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

What about the ignore function? Using that you don’t need to bore anyone by telling others how boring they are. 

I wouldn't say a post is boring. because that's just rude, one person's boring is another person's nugget. I would only use it on pointless posts.

45 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Because I wanted to complete my Soggy Bingo card before the next mob sit down. I only needed Laurence Fox & the Muslim bar maid to complete my card. 

Haven't you got something better to do with your life? I am sure there is paint drying somewhere which needs watching. 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Fan The Flames said:

In a parallel universe just about now SOG's opens a thread with how you can't force someone to attend the sentancing and the mob line up to to show how you can. 

It’s beyond weird isn’t it? I assume The Mob consists of fully grown men with children yet they all act like prepubescent kids in the playground. No matter what I post you can guarantee that one, several or all of The Mob will respond negatively, often within seconds of me posting.

Let’s name them in the interest of clarity. In no particular order; Weston SS, Lord Duckhunter, Batman, Hypochondriac, Turkish, Egg and occasionally The Kracken. Somehow, whatever opinion I have in any subject, it is a problem for these people.

You would assume that many of them are still in full time employment yet they seem to have the time all day to read and respond to posts on an internet football forum. Where on earth do you manage to get a job that pays you for being a troll or WUM on an internet forum?

Perhaps they are all divorced and unemployed and spend their days together trolling in an internet cafe while waiting for their next meeting with their Universal Credit representative?

This thread is a perfect example of how weird these people are. I posted about one of the most despicable cases of mass murder in this country and the first thing that one of The Mob can think to post about is the issue about the defendant appearing in court to face justice. No mention of the dreadful crimes committed or sympathy for the victims, just another trolling post that immediately finds a way to have a go at what I have written.

I would suggest that these people get a hobby but they clearly have one, trolling.

What is even weirder is that they don’t recognise their peculiar tribe behaviour and this post will go right over their collective heads.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

SOG, you appear to be getting a bit paranoid.

The first response to your OP was "Why is it 'not right'", querying your assertion about her not appearing in Court. This is a genuine question, warranted by your statement, and led to a polite and informed discussion of the rights and wrongs of the current Legal position, and the potential problems on either side of the equation. Currently the Law and CPS guidelines state that she did not have to attend.

Until and unless the Law is changed this will remain the case.

Edited by badgerx16
  • Like 5

15 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

It’s beyond weird isn’t it? I assume The Mob consists of fully grown men with children yet they all act like prepubescent kids in the playground. No matter what I post you can guarantee that one, several or all of The Mob will respond negatively, often within seconds of me posting.

Let’s name them in the interest of clarity. In no particular order; Weston SS, Lord Duckhunter, Batman, Hypochondriac, Turkish, Egg and occasionally The Kracken. Somehow, whatever opinion I have in any subject, it is a problem for these people.

You would assume that many of them are still in full time employment yet they seem to have the time all day to read and respond to posts on an internet football forum. Where on earth do you manage to get a job that pays you for being a troll or WUM on an internet forum?

Perhaps they are all divorced and unemployed and spend their days together trolling in an internet cafe while waiting for their next meeting with their Universal Credit representative?

This thread is a perfect example of how weird these people are. I posted about one of the most despicable cases of mass murder in this country and the first thing that one of The Mob can think to post about is the issue about the defendant appearing in court to face justice. No mention of the dreadful crimes committed or sympathy for the victims, just another trolling post that immediately finds a way to have a go at what I have written.

I would suggest that these people get a hobby but they clearly have one, trolling.

What is even weirder is that they don’t recognise their peculiar tribe behaviour and this post will go right over their collective heads.

What is beyond weird is that this weekend I ran a little experiment. I deliberately ignored you, didn’t respond to any post you made or any in response to you for 3 days to see how many unprompted responses you make to me, a guy, let’s remember you claim to have on ignore and don’t read my posts

this seems like a good time to share my finding with the wider audience, let’s also remember that Sog is a registered user so only has 3 posts a day. During the experiment Sog mentioned me by name in 3 of his posts, he alluded to me as part of a group on a further two occasions. He “liked” or “laughed” is response to posts made by others either in disagreement to a post I made or attempts at jokes about me on 27 occasions often within minutes of the post being made.

so more than 50% of his posts were about or mentioning someone he has on ignore, completely unprovoked as he had been ignored during this period. 27 responses to posts against me says he must spend most of his day (when he’s not trying to prove things against Jews) refreshing this forum waiting for people the respond to me

I would suggest this is perfect example of obsessive behaviour,  of how not to spend the autumn of your life and just what the definition of weird and trolling is 

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

SOG, you appear to be getting a bit paranoid.

The first response to your OP was "Why is it 'not right'", querying your assertion about her not appearing in Court. This is a genuinely question, warranted by your statement, and led to a polite and informed discussion of the rights and wrongs of the current Legal position - which is that she did not have to attend.

If you disagree with anything he says (and he’s often wrong) you’re piling on. 

1 minute ago, Turkish said:

If you disagree with anything he says (and he’s often wrong) you’re piling on. 

My one contribution to this thread was a video of a former Old Bailey judge who was making the case against changing the law for defendants being compelled to be present for sentencing. She made a very good case. Yet apparently that’s just trolling. Utterly bizarre.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

My one contribution to this thread was a video of a former Old Bailey judge who was making the case against changing the law for defendants being compelled to be present for sentencing. She made a very good case. Yet apparently that’s just trolling. Utterly bizarre.

He could at least have done you the courtesy of spelling your name correctly.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1