Other Games 23/24

skintsaint

21 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Great game draw is fair

Dont understand why city sold Cole Palmer, quality young player. 

I was thinking that during the game. Did he maybe want to leave to get more games? Whatever the reason it's a great signing for Chelsea.

43 minutes ago, The Cat said:

I was thinking that during the game. Did he maybe want to leave to get more games? Whatever the reason it's a great signing for Chelsea.

6 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Can be the only reason, always looked a real talent. Was very good today 

Sky showed a stat pre game, he’s already played more minutes for Chelsea than he did in total for Man City. City have also got an embarrassment of riches in his position so you can kind of understand why he left. He’s also been given pens so he’s clearly right at the front of Chelsea’s plans and will likely start whenever he’s fit. Unlike at City where the likes of Grealish and Foden are often on the bench.

19 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

Sky showed a stat pre game, he’s already played more minutes for Chelsea than he did in total for Man City. City have also got an embarrassment of riches in his position so you can kind of understand why he left. He’s also been given pens so he’s clearly right at the front of Chelsea’s plans and will likely start whenever he’s fit. Unlike at City where the likes of Grealish and Foden are often on the bench.

Good on him them, going someone to be the main man rather than a squad player where trophies are pretty much guaranteed every year 

Romeo Lavia still yet to kick a ball for Chelsea. Apparently he has had a a fairly long-term ankle problem. Apparently he is nearing fitness again. I know he is no longer a concern of ours, but I do hope his career won't be blighted by injuries. He's one of the few who have moved on who I would actually like to see do well. It won't happen of course, but a loan move back to us in January, to "find his feet" again would be brilliant. Just sayin'.

We really did get relegated at the wrong time, that'll be 4 teams at the bottom now on single figures in December!

We'd have strolled this season, Wolves aren't any great shakes but they seem fairly comfortable already.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, saintant said:

What is the point of Rashford on England's left? All he has done so far is either give simple passes back to our defenders or lose the ball when he tries to take someone on.

You're watching Gareth Southgate send out Jordan Henderson, to take on Malta. If you're looking for meaning in life, you wont find it here.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

I missed the previous Malta game when the press afterwards had a jizzfest over his performance in midfield. Aside from that, no. The geezer simply isn’t a midfielder. 

It’s almost like they want to shoe horn him into the squad somehow. He’s behind Walker, James and Tripper for right back so doesn’t get in the squad there he isn’t a midfielder but there seems to be this narrative that’s he’s an amazing footballer 

2 minutes ago, Turkish said:

It’s almost like they want to shoe horn him into the squad somehow. He’s behind Walker, James and Tripper for right back so doesn’t get in the squad there he isn’t a midfielder but there seems to be this narrative that’s he’s an amazing footballer 

I think it’s much like the complete divots on here over the past few years who try and justify the creation of positions like front sweeper and inverted full back, when really you should just look at the actual position and decide if the player is good enough for it. Tront is an excellent full back when he doesn’t have to defend very much; when he has to defend he gets found out a lot. He’s still a good player there, but he has limitations at the very best level. How, on earth, has he been highlighted to play in midfield?  He simply is not good enough to play there.

England came alive at last. 

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

Absolute gash. Why are they obsessed with playing “Trent” in midfield?

If you are a special player at the most special of clubs, there will always be a space for you.

I skipped the second half.

A collection of players he feels he has to play, those he's overly fond of, giving them game time, and a random selection of those he's trying out. No suprise there was no cohesion for nearly all of the half I saw.