Other Games 23/24

skintsaint

29 minutes ago, sfc4prem said:

Villa clearly a far bigger club than us. As if Emery would have even considered us for a split second. You can't hold Rasmus up against a wall for the failure to appoint him.

I was fucking livid when Les Reed didn’t approach Pep during his sabbatical. I wrote a strongly worded open letter to the Echo complaining about Les’ lack of ambition. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, sfc4prem said:

Villa clearly a far bigger club than us. As if Emery would have even considered us for a split second. You can't hold Rasmus up against a wall for the failure to appoint him.

True. But we can hold him up to the wall for choosing Nathan F**king Jones.

The point is the contrast between a competent board who know what they’re doing, and Rasmus “I like managers who have failed” Ankersen. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, SaintBobby said:

JWP was excellent tonight. Absurd he’s not in the national squad.

West Ham fans absolutely love him and think they got a bargain from us (compared to what they sold Rice for) 

watching a bit of Coventry v Birmingham. Always quite liked Coventry back in the 80s and 90s very similar club to Saints. The cup final where they beat Spurs -2 was one of the first i remember, great game and Keith Houchins diving header is a great cup final goal. Fortunately we didn't end up with SISU. Their ground is definitely one of the better new stadiums out there. Liam Kitching is a really decent lad and trained for years at the same football school my son goes to twice a week at the moment so like to keep an eye on him. So did Archie Gray and his younger brothers, Stan Mills and Harry Leonard at Blackburn, plus half a dozen or so players in league one and two.

Edited by Turkish

4 minutes ago, Raging Bull said:

Dipped in and out of the Cov game and I’m not gonna lie, it’s utter gash. 

There’s more talent on show at a paraplegic dance off

I turned over for the same reason. We should be beating Coventry fairly comfortably 

• Like 1

On 08/12/2023 at 09:19, JRM said:

West Ham fans absolutely love him and think they got a bargain from us (compared to what they sold Rice for) 

Didn't I read on here that he wasn't that good, a bit pony in fact, and we shouldn't expect to get too much for him?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, suewhistle said:

Didn't I read on here that he wasn't that good, a bit pony in fact, and we shouldn't expect to get too much for him?

Read on here that he was someone's  "son-ln-law", or at least a bit of one,  as well at one point; whatever that is intended to mean. 

34 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Fabulous decision at Selhurst Park, game went on for 3 or 4 minutes whilst VAR reviewed a penalty and pulled the okay back to give the correct decision. Excellent to see VAR getting the big calls right against Liverpool 

Although the decision to send off Ayew was a poor one. Handed Liverpool the game. 

• Like 1

Just watching MOTD. Man United were appalling, fair play to Bournemouth.

Lots of talk about the Euro's and how good it is that Maguire is now playing again at United. He was fedcking terrible (again). Remarkable how someone can be seen a significant player for England, be so poor (like Rashford)

1 hour ago, The Cat said:

Did anyone watch Fulham v West Ham? What the fuck happened there?! 

I didn't but not the best day for West Ham  fans after their journey to the match was delayed, don't know what the bridge was thinking of getting in their way. 

Edited by JRM
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Just watching MOTD. Man United were appalling, fair play to Bournemouth.

Lots of talk about the Euro's and how good it is that Maguire is now playing again at United. He was fedcking terrible (again). Remarkable how someone can be seen a significant player for England, be so poor (like Rashford)

Rashford is a real Jekyll and Hyde player. Sometimes he's excellent, other times absolute gash.