Other Games 23/24

skintsaint

25 minutes ago, JCBSaint said:

And the Oscar goes to…. The Spurs Goalie… his acting ability is second to none… just edges out most of the other players,, what a bunch of drama queens 

Absolutely. Clearly not injured by the way he suddenly jumped up to take the free kick.

3 minutes ago, trousers said:

Ipswich get the winner with 3 minutes to go :(

Very similar to us in they score a lot of late goals.

Rotherham really are such a poor side. Just shocking we only managed a draw.

Edit - spoke too soon!

Edited by Harry_SFC

9 minutes ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

Surprising one that. Still maintain Rotherham are the worst team I've seen in years.

9 points behind then. Quite like people seemingly talking up Leeds' chances whilst we're a little under the radar currently.

I've noticed they keep mentioning Ipswich will be looking over their shoulders at Leeds, we're not on the radar so much which is ideal. 

Ipswich last 3 games

Fulham (H) lost 1-3 , league Cup but broke their momentum 

Birmingham (A) - draw 2-2 with late comeback 

Rotherham (A) - draw 2-2 

definitely a sign they're starting to slip a bit 

We are as close to Watford in 16th as we are Ipswich in 2nd at the moment. We need Ipswich to lose games, they have the least defeats in the division. Couple of draws won’t kill their momentum just yet. Next month they play Leeds (23/12) and Leicester (26/12) back to back, that’s the time we can catch up some ground.

I thought autos were out of reach not long ago but if we win at the weekend we are in decent shape to chase. 

• Like 1

Ipswich can lose the next three on the spin (so 5 games without a win) and would still be above us. 

They've got a lot of points on the board already, I think at the very least they are well on track to still be second come Christmas.

I think in all honesty we need to worry about cementing a top 6 place first before thinking about autos. It's still very, very tight below us.

Realistically though, if we are getting automatic then we'll have to go Ipswich and win. Think it's at Easter the return fixture. 

Edited by Pamplemousse
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Pamplemousse said:

I think in all honesty we need to worry about cementing a top 6 place first before thinking about autos. It's still very, very tight below us.

Realistically though, if we are getting automatic then we'll have to go Ipswich and win. Think it's at Easter the return fixture. 

Totally agree. West Brom this weekend is gonna be crucial to some degree. If we can actually win that game it starts to give us some daylight between us and them and many of the other contenders. Gonna be a big ask to win that game, but hell, we really need to. I am not gonna say it is a must win as of course it is way to early for that, but it would show intent and start to put teams on the back foot and fear us when they come to play us.

Every season in every league there’s always that one team that runs away with it (at the moment, Leicester); one team that’s up there but plummets and stutters mid season (Ipswich); and one team that is around mid-table that ends up pushing for the play-offs/second place with around five or six other teams. 
I think we’re firmly in that latter camp right now. We won’t win the division but second place is well within our reach - as the old Adkins saying goes “one game at a time and draw a blue line under it).

4 hours ago, east-stand-nic said:

Totally agree. West Brom this weekend is gonna be crucial to some degree. If we can actually win that game it starts to give us some daylight between us and them and many of the other contenders. Gonna be a big ask to win that game, 

Why’s it a “big ask”. 

It’s home to West Brom FFS 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Newcastle losing 2-0 to Bournemouth, like the good old days.

It's just like everyone predicted. More games to deal with in Europe, more injuries on the back of it, having to play players like Lascelles again and low and behold they drop levels.

I see their fans are kicking up a fuss. They are such an entitled bunch.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Saint86 said:

They're far and away the worst fans in the Premier league. 

But love a No.9 though!

I love how their home atmosphere gets hyped for European games. Not as if other clubs, big clubs, have players who have ever played at a semi-noisy ground.

On 07/11/2023 at 21:07, suewhistle said:

Reminds me of an Italian internet cafe' I once went to. The previous person on my computer had been searching for 'neked boys'.

As a teacher of English I was deeply disappointed..

.but surely not surprised.    Repeating some of the "mistakes"  I encountered when teaching would get me banned from this site. 

3 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Shout out to Ruben of Reading who managed to secure a loss, despite being a goal up going into added time. 😁

Borrowed time. They were 2-0 up and screwed it up. They'll be a League Two team if they don't do something quick. Still, good for Ballard to score again.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SNSUN said:

Borrowed time. They were 2-0 up and screwed it up. They'll be a League Two team if they don't do something quick. Still, good for Ballard to score again.

I think they're long gone, they're not getting out of it now. Hard to really plan for them either, as 90% of the players they have now won't be playing in L2 next year.

There is talk of further points deductions on the horizon too.

52 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

I think they're long gone, they're not getting out of it now. Hard to really plan for them either, as 90% of the players they have now won't be playing in L2 next year.

There is talk of further points deductions on the horizon too.

Unbelievable how bad it's got there. I am old school friends with one of the former Reading owners (I'm Berkshire born and bred but thankfully made the Saints choice aged 8 ) who let things get a bit out of hand during his tenure but it was nothing like the current owner Yongge.