Other Games 23/24

skintsaint

1 minute ago, AlexLaw76 said:

I see the transition into full 33 year old Wayne Rooney, is nearly complete for Kane.  He is finding himself back in the CB position....leaving no one up through the middle as an out ball

In 2018 when we set up with Sterling, Rashford and Sancho running beyond him it made sense for him to drop deep and drag the defense out of shape. Now we need him to stay through the centre and be the focal point.

3 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

In 2018 when we set up with Sterling, Rashford and Sancho running beyond him it made sense for him to drop deep and drag the defense out of shape. Now we need him to stay through the centre and be the focal point.

His movement is shite. Brilliant finisher all the same, but he is clearly beyond what he was

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Pretty sure he was first choice from around the age of 17 at AC. Prodigious talent.

Yeah he was. It's going to take serious injury or huge loss of form for him not to break a load of appearance records. 

Edited by The Cat

5 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Hope he doesn't spend his entire career at PSG to be honest. He'd be fantastic in the Prem.

He'll surely get bored there after a season or 2 more. He's got up to 10 years at the top yet so I'm sure we we'll see him here at some point.

1 hour ago, AlexLaw76 said:

I see the transition into full 33 year old Wayne Rooney, is nearly complete for Kane.  He is finding himself back in the CB position....leaving no one up through the middle as an out ball

1 hour ago, AlexLaw76 said:

His movement is shite. Brilliant finisher all the same, but he is clearly beyond what he was

Spot on... ;)

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, TheAlehouseBrawlers said:

We looked a good side, should be one of the favourites next summer (where have we heard that before?) - Bellingham is a fantastic player. Shit Wembley atmosphere as usual, half of the posh seats around the 'dugouts' didn't even bother coming back out for the second half. Phillips lucky to stay on the pitch tho!

It’s been like that the last few games- not a good look is it

5 hours ago, SaintBobby said:

I was at Wembley....great result, superb 2nd half....flat atmosphere though....

It always is and is even worse for flat one sided games against minnows. Half the crowd are not there to support England, they're "premier league " fans who want to see some of the star names, not easy to get tickets at spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea so they go and watch England instead. 

Personally I'd much prefer them to play games around the country, better atmosphere at a 30k Wolverhampton than 85k Wembley.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheAlehouseBrawlers said:

Looks more like 34! Plenty of Donnarummas around Southampton, is he "one of our own"? 🤞

He is, helps out at the family business Carlo's ice cream in Wellow in his spare time 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, East Kent Saint said:

Watched on TV , to be fair to fans long periods of Saints style tippy tappy style does not get the juices flowing . Excellent play by Bellingham and Kane etc did wake them up . What has happened to Italy though ?

I would just love us to throw caution to the wind every so often and overwhelm teams with our attacking talent. I totally get the value of safe football but we have one of if not the best attacking options in world football. We should be making teams fear us. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SaintBobby said:

I was at Wembley....great result, superb 2nd half....flat atmosphere though....

CH4 pundit was saying wow they deserve this atmosphere at end of game as showed most leaving and the PA playing Sweet Caroline as if that was something special.

1 hour ago, hypochondriac said:

I would just love us to throw caution to the wind every so often and overwhelm teams with our attacking talent. I totally get the value of safe football but we have one of if not the best attacking options in world football. We should be making teams fear us. 

I agree. Unfortunately, Southgate. 

6 hours ago, JRM said:

It always is and is even worse for flat one sided games against minnows. Half the crowd are not there to support England, they're "premier league " fans who want to see some of the star names, not easy to get tickets at spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea so they go and watch England instead. 

Personally I'd much prefer them to play games around the country, better atmosphere at a 30k Wolverhampton than 85k Wembley.  

I went to the game at Old Trafford v North Macedonia and the atmosphere was pretty decent even though we were in the family stand with a mate and kids. It became a bit like a friendly when England scored the 5th but Jack Grealish entrance as a sub prompted 2/3s of the ground to start singing "Jack Grealish, he's still on the piss" much the boys amusement. I doubt you'd get that at Wembley. 

Edited by Turkish

3 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

Same as at club level, we have two strikers, soon to be three who have scored for fun in the Championship, some pacey, tricky wingers, one cost £22m, an Argentina international who was one of our best attackers in the Premier League last season after joining in January and KWP, who shouldn't be playing at this level. I think that's where the anger came from against Rotherham, because we weren't going full throttle at them, or their goal when the clock was ticking down and there was a clear gap between the levels of the teams.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HarvSFC said:

Same as at club level, we have two strikers, soon to be three who have scored for fun in the Championship, some pacey, tricky wingers, one cost £22m, an Argentina international who was one of our best attackers in the Premier League last season after joining in January and KWP, who shouldn't be playing at this level. I think that's where the anger came from against Rotherham, because we weren't going full throttle at them, or their goal when the clock was ticking down and there was a clear gap between the levels of the teams.

Yes indeed, but not just that match, it's been the entire season under RM, except a few decent halves here and there. He has one of the strongest squads in this poor division, and he and the pillock Ankersen who chose him are blowing our chance of promotion.

And now we're getting more the bollocks about needing more time, along with more f*cking powerpoints. How many more seasons do you need Russ to get it into your thick skull out that your possession propaganda football wins you nothing?

22 hours ago, Turkish said:

I went to the game at Old Trafford v North Macedonia and the atmosphere was pretty decent even though we were in the family stand with a mate and kids. It became a bit like a friendly when England scored the 5th but Jack Grealish entrance as a sub prompted 2/3s of the ground to start singing "Jack Grealish, he's still on the piss" much the boys amusement. I doubt you'd get that at Wembley. 

The most popular song at Wembley on Tuesday night was the one about Harry Maguire drinking vodka and Jäger and having a f----ing massive head. That's what obviously inspired  England to victory.

23 hours ago, HarvSFC said:

Should probably make these decisions at the start of an international break. We've got Millwall in a couple of weeks, follows Birmingham, so a couple of new manager bounces.

Remember when he was the next big thing after doing really well at Birmingham and taking Derby up to 2nd. All gone tits up since then really for him

On 19/10/2023 at 14:28, Nordic Saint said:

The most popular song at Wembley on Tuesday night was the one about Harry Maguire drinking vodka and Jäger and having a f----ing massive head. That's what obviously inspired  England to victory.

That song is years old and the original was quite a good ditty tbf (he fucked off Leicester for Manchester).

On 18/10/2023 at 22:08, HarvSFC said:

Should probably make these decisions at the start of an international break. We've got Millwall in a couple of weeks, follows Birmingham, so a couple of new manager bounces.

I see we play them on 4 November and our favourite Welshman is being talked up by their fans as Rowett's replacement 😬

20 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

Ashley Young sent off for Everton at Anfield.

2 things I have noticed watching this.

The 'taters keep going on about this being such a massive derby, yet it is almost pure silence from the crowd

TAA only has to pass the ball forward about 10 yards and they all seem to salivate about his "class"

• Like 2

Watching the Chelsea v Arsenal game.

Looks like Poch is getting a tune out of them, looking very good and very solid. With some serious players to come back.

Thiago Silva is unreal. Nearly 40 and still an elite level premier league player

Saying that, Arsenal just got 1 back

6 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Watching the Chelsea v Arsenal game.

Looks like Poch is getting a tune out of them, looking very good and very solid. With some serious players to come back.

Thiago Silva is unreal. Nearly 40 and still an elite level premier league player

Saying that, Arsenal just got 1 back

This aged well 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, CB Fry said:

Disappointed by the England Rugby team, who have just lost.

Reminded me of a Russell Martin team - they're supposed to be trying to win the game but all they do is pass it backwards all the time 😪

Thought they'd get thrashed , just like a RM team , but amazingly they were minutes away from a world cup final . Manager from zero to near hero !!😄

• Like 1