Other Games 23/24

skintsaint

As fun as it was watching them plod around, while being passed apart by City, I got extra enjoyment watching the deteriorating mentality of Fernandez. When I see him, he's nearly always the first to chuck it in, masking his frustration through whining, striking out, losing composure and petulance. Anthony is another one. A very brittle, dysfunctional group they have. Long may it continue.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JRM said:

Feel sorry for big Nige. 

Could be interesting 

So if City want Jones, and offer him less money than we are paying him , presumably a deal can be struck that reduces our payments, and gives him more money overall  than his pay off deal? 

5 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Who do we want to win between Leicester and Leeds then? If you think Leicester are too far ahead already then you'd be looking for then to win so we can get above Leeds with a win. 

I think Leicester win the league regardless, so quite happy for them to go and win every game between now and the end of the season

Big win for Leeds at Leicester and well deserved. Watched Harry Winks do what he always does 5 and 10 yard, nothing passes in the main - wouldn't want him playing for us. Think Leicester had about one effort on target all game and they looked poor tonight. Not over impressed with Pirou though - didn't do much other than miss an early chance.

8 minutes ago, Pamplemousse said:

Think a draw would've been preferable tbh. I'm convinced Ipswich will fall away eventually, and us Leicester and Leeds will be the top 3.

Interested to know why you’re convinced Ipswich will drop away? They’ve been formidable all year, not just this season. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, saintant said:

Big win for Leeds at Leicester and well deserved. Watched Harry Winks do what he always does 5 and 10 yard, nothing passes in the main - wouldn't want him playing for us. Think Leicester had about one effort on target all game and they looked poor tonight. Not over impressed with Pirou though - didn't do much other than miss an early chance.

Winks iss highly regarded as the best CM in the league. Probably be in team of the season if not struck down by injury 

but yeah, no use in our side! 😂

9 hours ago, saintant said:

Watched Harry Winks do what he always does 5 and 10 yard, nothing passes in the main - wouldn't want him playing for us.

Thank god our team don't make countless nothing passes over 5/10 yards over and over and over again.

I mean that would be like terrible.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Winks iss highly regarded as the best CM in the league. Probably be in team of the season if not struck down by injury 

Just my opinion. I've never seen anything in Winks other than a player who recycles the ball by playing a majority of simple passes. He flatters to deceive and the Spurs fans were desperate to get shot of him. Despite playing every game this season he has scored only one goal and has zero assists. Not for me but each to his own.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Alongside Downes in our midfield, at the expense of Smallbone, would make the starting 11 better.

1 hour ago, saintant said:

Just my opinion. I've never seen anything in Winks other than a player who recycles the ball by playing a majority of simple passes. He flatters to deceive and the Spurs fans were desperate to get shot of him. Despite playing every game this season he has scored only one goal and has zero assists. Not for me but each to his own.

do you think Spurs fans would be demanding to keep Downes or Smallbone, for example?

The way you suggest Winks plays, indicates he would have been an absolute perfect fit for us this season

I think Downes was a better signing than Winks. Question is whether we can get promoted to stand a chance of keeping him. Winks is in the better team at the moment but he’s not the better player.

Interestingly transfermrkt have the 3 most valuable players in the division as KDH, THB and KWP. We really should be much closer to the automatics with our squad.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, goodymatt said:

I think Downes was a better signing than Winks. Question is whether we can get promoted to stand a chance of keeping him. Winks is in the better team at the moment but he’s not the better player.

Interestingly transfermrkt have the 3 most valuable players in the division as KDH, THB and KWP. We really should be much closer to the automatics with our squad.

Agreed. I'd have been om with Winks, but I'm delighted with Downes. Very good player. 

There's no way that our squad should be behind Ipswich. Management and coaching are making them over achieve, and us under achieve. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, egg said:

Agreed. I'd have been om with Winks, but I'm delighted with Downes. Very good player. 

There's no way that our squad should be behind Ipswich. Management and coaching are making them over achieve, and us under achieve. 

Am also guessing that they've had a settled squad for probably over a season and a half. No doubt we have under achieved so far, just have to try and keep pace with them. i doubt they have much strength outside the starting eleven, so when injuries and suspensions take affect, they may see a drop of in form. 

3 minutes ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

Am also guessing that they've had a settled squad for probably over a season and a half. No doubt we have under achieved so far, just have to try and keep pace with them. i doubt they have much strength outside the starting eleven, so when injuries and suspensions take affect, they may see a drop of in form. 

Them being settled is a fair point. What they have in depth I don't know, but hopefully it's not enough! 

1 hour ago, egg said:

Them being settled is a fair point. What they have in depth I don't know, but hopefully it's not enough! 

16 incomings last season, and 6 this. A smattering of man utd, Chelsea and spurs youngsters on frees or loans. Based on that exhaustive 15 seconds of research, suggests they built last season to stay comfortably up, and then added to the strongest core they had last time out.

6 minutes ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

16 incomings last season, and 6 this. A smattering of man utd, Chelsea and spurs youngsters on frees or loans. Based on that exhaustive 15 seconds of research, suggests they built last season to stay comfortably up, and then added to the strongest core they had last time out.

Brandon Williams was brought into start at LB and is doing well. I am sure he was dismissed when linked with us

Just now, AlexLaw76 said:

Brandon Williams was brought into start at LB and is doing well. I am sure he was dismissed when linked with us

Oh is he there? I didn't see that. Linked endlessly. Was he not coming, but the loan fee/wages were supposedly too high? We might have gone for Tino after that, which worked out.

I lazily thought that Williams had spent so long playing reserve football, that it would stop him progressing. Seeing him being meh at Norwich a few times probably didn't change my mind.

5 minutes ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

Oh is he there? I didn't see that. Linked endlessly. Was he not coming, but the loan fee/wages were supposedly too high? We might have gone for Tino after that, which worked out.

I lazily thought that Williams had spent so long playing reserve football, that it would stop him progressing. Seeing him being meh at Norwich a few times probably didn't change my mind.

Aye, he is there. Played against us when they beat us during the awful spell

6 hours ago, CB Fry said:

Thank god our team don't make countless nothing passes over 5/10 yards over and over and over again.

I mean that would be like terrible.

The point is with Barry Winks this could be extended to between 6-11 yards at least. It would be magical. 

• Haha 1