Saints 2-1 QPR - Match Thread

whelk

10 minutes ago, revolution saint said:

Is everyone wearing a coat for this one?  Looks like it could be thundery showers.  Ordinarily I wouldn't bother in August but I'm in two minds at the moment.

And the award for the “most middle aged post of the tread” goes to….!

😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 13

30 minutes ago, revolution saint said:

Is everyone wearing a coat for this one?  Looks like it could be thundery showers.  Ordinarily I wouldn't bother in August but I'm in two minds at the moment.

Nope. Just wearing my usual poncho, gimp mask and ski boots.

• Haha 5

35 minutes ago, revolution saint said:

Am gonna go functional lightweight raincoat over over-shirt. Probably but not necessarily unzipped, allowing for greater circulation. 

I can always do with the extra pockets!!!!!! AmIRight!?!?!?!

• Like 1

Just now, The Juice said:

Am gonna go functional lightweight raincoat over over-shirt. Probably but not necessarily unzipped, allowing for greater circulation. 

I should emphasis that it is, in fact, the raincoat that will be unzipped.. I have no intention of walking around with my penis out.

Not after Watford away 2010, anyway! good times 

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, The Juice said:

I should emphasis that it is, in fact, the raincoat that will be unzipped.. I have no intention of walking around with my penis out.

Not after Watford away 2010, anyway! good times 

Between you and The Cat us ladies are gonna be spoilt for choice entertainment wise today...🤔

And I'm not even making a prediction today now...it'll be what it'll be, I'm just hoping for a decent win

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Osvaldorama said:

Well it definitely won’t be raining goals.

We just lost our two biggest goal threats 

11 minutes ago, SaintsFan86 said:

Bazunu;

KWP, Bednarek, Stephens, Manning;

Charles;

Alcaraz, Downes;

Stuey, Arma, Edozie.

According to osvaldorama, Arma and bednarek are not available (lost). So it might have to be mara up front? I'd still like to see tall Paul given a chance in a team that creates opportunities, think he could be good in the 6 yd box.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, ashnats said:

According to osvaldorama, Arma and bednarek are not available (lost). So it might have to be mara up front? I'd still like to see tall Paul given a chance in a team that creates opportunities, think he could be good in the 6 yd box.

Why are neither available for this game?

51 minutes ago, imadirtyurchin said:

i *think* it was a metaphor...

@revolution saint sees dark clouds on the horizon and stormy weather ahead. BUT its august and seems too early for this....

:D

Anyone remember the old guy in the East stand shouting “ There’s clouds coming in over the Dell”  all game even when the sun was shining.

He meant it metaphorically and ranted “Merrington” all game as well.

Ah memories!

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, The Juice said:

Do your pockets have holes in the bottom so you can slip your hands through and reach parts that might otherwise be inaccessible?

26 minutes ago, Warriorsaint said:

Anyone remember the old guy in the East stand shouting “ There’s clouds coming in over the Dell”  all game even when the sun was shining.

He meant it metaphorically and ranted “Merrington” all game as well.

Ah memories!

i bet he posts on here.

2 minutes ago, davefizzy14 said:

Hoping we can get a comfortable win today- 3-0 to us Adams, Alcaraz and Adam Armstrong to score COYR 🙂

Adams isn't in the squad, Arma brace and Edozie to register his first to the account.

Edited by SaintsFan86
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SaintsFan86 said:

Step up Sekou Mara.

Time he did.

Showed some nice touches and a couple of decent finishes last season. Sadly does seem to show the symptons of 'lazyfuckercantbearsedness'.

Tella stepped up big time in the Champ last season of course, so maybe Mara can deliver a similar surprise?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Suhari said:

Time he did.

Showed some nice touches and a couple of decent finishes last season. Sadly does seem to show the symptons of 'lazyfuckercantbearsedness'.

Tella stepped up big time in the Champ last season of course, so maybe Mara can deliver a similar surprise?

As one poster used to say, Just needs a run of 6 games.

Ultimately I'd love him to work out but as RM has alluded to his training don't think it will.

• Like 2

It will be very interesting to see who RM picks today. With no Che or Tella it would appear that the club has left us weaker than we should be for this game. If we lose there is certain to be a backlash. If we are serious about promotion every game and win is vital. I recall last time we won promotion we had to keep winning because those around us did - it was relentless so we can't afford to take our foot off the gas. I hope we aren't guilty of taking our eye off the ball here.

• Like 1

Todays team sheet will show for the first time we are just a championship side. 
No Prima Donna’s from a failed premier league squad. And those on the periphery.   

the mainstay of what we’ve got to work with.
And likely to lose more that are slightly above this level of football. relegation is  starting to bite.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Weather latest (I have no team news): sat outside a pub. Seats are wet but sun is out. Self medicating a pint of bitter.. (one for the regulars..).

Walked past a bookies as a Saints fan came out. Asked him jokingly if he'd bet for a win or a loss. 'Win, of course' was the reply. Obviously not a Saintsweb poster..

• Like 1

• Jimmy_D changed the title to Saints 2-1 QPR - Saturday 3pm
  • Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 2-1 QPR - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic