Sunderland 5-0 Southampton

coalman

I'm going to give RM a pass on this one. 

We have had such massive upheaval, the team has had no chance to get used to playing with one another. I think people really under-estimate squad cohesion as something that is massively important - especially in the spine of the team.

We need a settled few weeks to get it together, and tbh the next few weeks is probably a decent time as we're playing decent teams that we may have struggled to get results from anyway. The way you get promoted in this league is beating up on the shite. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Holgate was regularly criticised at Everton. It was a very bizarre signing imo. Put the Man City lad with Bednarek and I think we’ll be stronger.

Bazunu needs time off. He looks lacking in confidence. Schmichael surely should be considered.

Mara needs to ask himself if he wants to be a footballer, as I haven’t seen any effort from apart from his debut game.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

"Gavin Bazunu: Caught by the surprise element"

"Gavin Bazunu: Caught out by a shot on target." more like. >sigh<

This kind of narrative is ridiculous. The guy has fucking paper wrists. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Saint NL said:

Well, that was unexpected.

Midfield is non existent, defence is a mess and less said about the keeper the better.

Big changes needed at half time.

KWP is the only one coming out of that looking half way decent. 

Apart from the first goal where he walked back and got nowhere near

I am really struggling to understand this policy of possession, when clearly it means the square root of fuck all.  They've had the football for all of five minutes and absolutely murdered us,  while we've cocked around on the half way line looking like Billy Big bollocks, but offering nothing.  Add to that, the manager won't change when it's obviously all going Pete Tong.  Crap 45.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, danjosaint said:

How long will RM be given, clearly a decent guy but fuck, tactically piss poor and fu**ing deluded 

I couldn't resist popping in to see how everyone was coping. You're hitting expectations, SaintsWeb xxx

Seriously though, after all this week's excitement and the unprecedented positivity seen from some normally right moaning minnies on these boards yesterday, a feeble capitulation was gloriously inevitable today. Honestly, I'm amused.

It's been an unusual week, I think the lads largely get a pass. Tho Baz is pushing it, from what I read (I've not followed the game thus far).

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Smirking_Saint said:

Wait for some pricks on here jump on Baz for his first mistake this season

I always enjoy your contribution Smirking Saint you make great and sensible comments but there were more than one mistake in that half. From the freekick, he has to push it wide... the 3rd he has to save and he just has not command his box. I question if he takes that cross on the 6 yard box for the 1st goal. I dont think that makes those who call him out pricks while I accept many in front of him have been poor too. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Saint NL said:

Well, that was unexpected.

Midfield is non existent, defence is a mess and less said about the keeper the better.

Big changes needed at half time.

KWP is the only one coming out of that looking half way decent. 

Watch him for the first goal. Jogging back as Edozie gets beaten at the back stick. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CityRanger said:

Easily one of the worst keepers I’ve seen in a Saints shirt in 50 years of watching. Since when did we “develop” a goalkeeper in the first team? That’s for other clubs to do ffs.

Agreed. Everyone wants him to be good, we don't have another option at this point but he is just crap. 

• Like 3

• Jimmy_D changed the title to Sunderland 5-0 Southampton Saturday
  • Lighthouse changed the title to Sunderland 5-0 Southampton
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic