January Transfer Window 2024

Master Bates

We’ll get a wide attacker for sure. We were after one at the end of the last window. Martin has actively said we need more goals so will be interesting if the wide player is the answer to that or if they back Stewart. Certainly won’t be Ings

Prepare yourself for plenty of agent work on behalf Sulemana wise especially if he doesn’t make the Ghana squad. Be surprised if KWP is here at the end of January as well. Johnson in.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Fabrice29 said:

We’ll get a wide attacker for sure. We were after one at the end of the last window. Martin has actively said we need more goals so will be interesting if the wide player is the answer to that or if they back Stewart. Certainly won’t be Ings

Prepare yourself for plenty of agent work on behalf Sulemana wise especially if he doesn’t make the Ghana squad. Be surprised if KWP is here at the end of January as well. Johnson in.

Why do we need to be surprised? Why on earth would the club sell him?

• Like 5

On 15/12/2023 at 17:58, Lighthouse said:

No, it’s the point at the heart of everything. He will only end up here if he fails to attract any PL interest, I.e. his fitness and form dictate he is no longer performing at that level. Talking about a good season four years ago is a non point, it remains to be seen if he can even do it at Championship level.

It's all ifs and buts, but he could easily reject Premier League interest because he doesn't fancy a relegation scrap and his family wants to come back to Winchester

41 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Why do we need to be surprised? Why on earth would the club sell him?

Because if a good enough offer comes along I think he’ll press the issue. He’s not seemingly interested in signing a new contract so at some stage we have to accept he’s going and this January will be the best price we get. Even if we rationalised that keeping him makes us more money in the long run, he’ll press the issue when he wants to and if the offer is good enough from say, West Ham, in January then good luck to him.

Maybe he won’t get that offer. 

20 minutes ago, northam soul said:

Willing to pay 30 million euros for some winger playing in Italy according Twitter.

Matias Soule from Juventus

Silly season is upon us again.

I said the same. I wonder if these reporters even bother to look into something like ffp before spouting very obvious nonsense. 

From being tight on FFP in the summer to now having 30m spare sounds like bullshit, a bit weird though as he is on loan at frosinone until June so i dont see who would gain from making this up, he's been getting lots of plaudits in serie a apparently so would of suggested his agent would be more active near summer.

Looks like a baller though.

image.png.5bb8afca65c8bf502d38b75dc93f2f3a.png

10 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

From being tight on FFP in the summer to now having 30m spare sounds like bullshit, a bit weird though as he is on loan at frosinone until June so i dont see who would gain from making this up, he's been getting lots of plaudits in serie a apparently so would of suggested his agent would be more active near summer.

Looks like a baller though.

image.png.5bb8afca65c8bf502d38b75dc93f2f3a.png

It woild make zero financial sense. Even if he was worth that amount, unless he guarantees us promotion we'd be unlikely to make a big profit on him if we don't get promoted. 

17 hours ago, Fabrice29 said:

Don’t we already look pretty stacked in the wide attack positions ?

we have edozie Fraser sulamana .. Sam amo. And even arma for these positions surely is more then enough ..

dont thinj our squad needs much surgery really .. maybe a centre forward and a left back and that’s pretty much it 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, trousers said:

image.png.9200f9a505eef6afc87204f0769b1b9c.png

image.png.2232fe9c6c773617bdcf3009737173eb.png

If Transfermarkt is correct, then Soules contract with Juve expires Jun 24'

before he joined Juve Soule refused to sign pro contract with Velez.

Theres certainly an argument that a further Argentinian in the squad will help with Alcaraz's development.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nolan said:

Theres certainly an argument that a further Argentinian in the squad will help with Alcaraz's development.

They'd be happy to take €25m as reported 2days ago. I reckon we could get him for €23m.

I will be gobsmacked if we are remotely interested in this guy Soules. If i remember rightly despite what Saints said at the end of last season that we were financially sound and didn't have to sell any players the complete opposite was true. We had to sell to balance the books and remain within FF rules.

If this indeed is the case then what has suddenly changed that means we have circa £25 million for one player.......without having to sell first!!

If we by some miracle we have got this sort of money to spend I wouldn't be buying another foreign player that could take 2 seasons to settle!

Spend the money on someone like CLARKE from Sunderland who is dynamite, he terrorises defences with his wing play and i doubt Sunderland could afford to turn down a substantial offer!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nolan said:

Afraid it’s his loan contract that expires 2024 - his permanent contract at Juve is until 2026

I don’t think Saints will be splashing any cash this window either. 
I don’t think we need another wide player or AM because they are already in the building. 
I don’t think we need another CF because he is already in the building albeit injured. 
I don’t think we need another CB as they are already in the building. Ditto CM. Ditto GK. 

The only possibly actionable vulnerability is at FB where we are one short. This is where we may be forced to put a kid in ( unlikely) or play a CB out of position ( Holgate) but even this is tenuous. 

I think we only spend or get in a loan if there’s an outgoing. If that’s Che then we may see an interesting incoming in his position that’s all. 

20 hours ago, Fabrice29 said:

Because if a good enough offer comes along I think he’ll press the issue. He’s not seemingly interested in signing a new contract so at some stage we have to accept he’s going and this January will be the best price we get. Even if we rationalised that keeping him makes us more money in the long run, he’ll press the issue when he wants to and if the offer is good enough from say, West Ham, in January then good luck to him.

Maybe he won’t get that offer. 

Who said that apart from you. You made it up. If we get promoted he'll sign a new contract. He knows he's loved here and will be our player of the year.

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Afraid it’s his loan contract that expires 2024 - his permanent contract at Juve is until 2026

I have no how clue how "options" work in relation to the player / club relationship, but original reports when he signed with Juve in 2021 was the deal was to 2024 with an option to extend up to 2026.

18 hours ago, SotonianWill said:

How great. Another transfer window in which people with sub 5,000 followers go at each other crying fake news and claiming to be ITK. Every January you can always sense journalists egos increase as they finally get the attention they go into the job for. 

At least we have the distraction of lots of football in January, unlike the summer when it’s nothing but stupid rumours. 

FWIW 

Having Sulemana back ( I’m assuming his injury keeps him out of African Nations) , having Jack Stephens back and having RStewart back is like adding three powerful, exciting new signings.

NONE of them have l done much for saints on the pitch this season so all three fit and adding to the squad is a massive boost. ALL three when fit are very likely automatic starters/ bench. 

Edited by gio1saints

3 minutes ago, gio1saints said:

FWIW 

Having Sulemana back ( I’m assuming his injury keeps him out of African Nations) , having Jack Stephens back and having RStewart back is like adding three powerful, exciting new signings.

NONE of them have l done much for saints on the pitch this season so all three fit and adding to the squad is a massive boost. ALL three when fit are very likely automatic starters/ bench. 

Success this season depends on how (and at this point im thinking if) Stewart returns. 

Had we signed Piroe (insert another top level champonship striker who has been fit all season), I think we'd be in the top 2 right now. Or at least much closer to them. 

• Like 2

I think we all know we won't be spending €30m on anybody while we're in the Championship.

I am expecting a one-in-one-out policy. Whether Adams has already been replaced with Stewart or if we'd bring somebody else in is yet to be seen.

30 minutes ago, Osvaldorama said:

I’d be looking at a left back personally. Really like Bree there but we should get rid of manning. 

Agreed. I don't even want to think about what would happen if we get promoted and start next season in the PL with Manning at LB. He'd be ruthlessly found out defensively, like Danny Fox was last time we went up.

2 hours ago, gio1saints said:

FWIW 

The people who think we should get rid of sulemana are nuts imo .. he has the highest ceiling of anyone in our entire squad .. fastest player at World Cup .. great dribbling skills he has amazing attributes and we should be doing our best to shape him into a world class player he’s definitely worth sticking with .

• Like 4

4 hours ago, BARCELONASAINT said:

I will be gobsmacked if we are remotely interested in this guy Soules. If i remember rightly despite what Saints said at the end of last season that we were financially sound and didn't have to sell any players the complete opposite was true. We had to sell to balance the books and remain within FF rules.

If this indeed is the case then what has suddenly changed that means we have circa £25 million for one player.......without having to sell first!!

If we by some miracle we have got this sort of money to spend I wouldn't be buying another foreign player that could take 2 seasons to settle!

Spend the money on someone like CLARKE from Sunderland who is dynamite, he terrorises defences with his wing play and i doubt Sunderland could afford to turn down a substantial offer!

Nonsense!

We're the richest club in the world - calling Manji to the thread to explain.

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, gio1saints said:

I don’t think Saints will be splashing any cash this window either. 
I don’t think we need another wide player or AM because they are already in the building. 
I don’t think we need another CF because he is already in the building albeit injured. 
I don’t think we need another CB as they are already in the building. Ditto CM. Ditto GK. 

To the tune of?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

We ain’t spending £30m on a winger as a Championship club. 😂

Given your recent record in transfer windows I’d keep quiet - I certainly wouldn’t be stating anything as fact … nor calling out others for daring to suggest an outlandish claim either for that matter!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Given your recent record in transfer windows I’d keep quiet - I certainly wouldn’t be stating anything as fact … nor calling out others for daring to suggest an outlandish claim either for that matter!

He is right though. Our record signing in the PL was around £25m on Sully, I think a few people need to seriously readjust their expectations. All this chat around £30m signings and £80-100kpw wages… half it and you’re at the top end of what we might be spending. More realistically, divide by three.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Nolan said:

Yes there is, but if we’re looking to sign a player to be Alcaraz’s mate to help him settle, I expect it will be at the ‘Chala/Bleidilis’ level rather than a club record signing !

9 hours ago, BARCELONASAINT said:

He’ll no doubt have interest from the Premier League so an unlikely one to come to us even if we were interested and bidding.

But would he suit our more ‘patient’ and methodical build up play though ? 

7 hours ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Has anyone actually heard of Matias Soule?

Or is everyone jumping on the “€25M, he must be good” bandwagon. 😂

I watch a lot of Italian football and confirm if we don’t sign him it will be a disgrace 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

He is right though. Our record signing in the PL was around £25m on Sully, I think a few people need to seriously readjust their expectations. All this chat around £30m signings and £80-100kpw wages… half it and you’re at the top end of what we might be spending. More realistically, divide by three.

We supposedly offered £30m+ for Gakpo, so a statement signing isn't totally out of the question. But I'd agree it's highly unlikely