Saints 2-0 Cardiff City - Match Thread

waylander

As it’s retro kit day at SMS I think I might wear my yellow

SOUTHAMPTON

CARDIFF

t shirt I got for the fa cup final. Beattie signed it and as it’s got both Southampton and Cardiff on it in big letters hopefully very apt for todays visitors. 20 years old approx so qualifies as retro I hope and match-worn lol so I shall be available for selfies around the ground and block 41 concourse in a few hours 😂😇

oh and 2-1 saints COYS 🙏

Much like Bristol I expect a well organised defence and hitting us on the break or hoping to convert a set piece. Plus they’ve had an extra days rest. 

I hope RM has showed team vids of the many missed opportunities to switch player from Wednesday night. Though without KS we do not quite have the searing pace to escape and create from that. 

I suspect Ryan or Che will start instead of RS and Will to return for Shea. 

suggested bets :

IF Will starts : anytime goalscorer 2pts. ( will insert price if I find it in time) 

Special : Saints win, both teams to score and AA to score anytime is 5/1. Might be worth 2pts. 

Che might start and if so he has a limited number of games to impress EPL  teams that he is their goalscoring solution. IF he starts 2pts on Che scoring anytime might be useful. As above for the price but suspect it will be 2/1. Which is mean but meh ok maybe. 

lastly, I expect a win so 5 pts on 3/5 is a bit meagre but I think we are better than these. 

NB Do Not gamble - but if you really insist do it sensible ie always on saints not to lose lol 😂 

24 minutes ago, Ken Tone said:

Foggy and still below zero here, about 30 miles North of Southampton. What are conditions like in the city?

Just about to set off. If it's foggy there too,  looking forward to chants of "Chapel End what's the score?" from the Northam 😉

No fog but it's cloudy and still below zero!

38 minutes ago, Ken Tone said:

Foggy and still below zero here, about 30 miles North of Southampton. What are conditions like in the city?

Just about to set off. If it's foggy there too,  looking forward to chants of "Chapel End what's the score?" from the Northam 😉

Foggy on the water, Redjets from Cowes running over an hour late, some very unhappy bunnies 😫

2 hours ago, Wade Garrett said:

But for fucks sake Russ, don’t play Edozie and Manning together on the left.  Pair of fucking pansies defensively.

Manning is useless whereas Edozie is a decent player given a chance. Hope Martin picks him today and gives him a run of games.

Put Kyle on the left and Bree on the right so that Edozie has a decent partnership to get him fired up.

Got to feel for Bree. Hopefully Manning’s learned not to give his winger the freedom of the city, how to play simple passes and put in a dangerous set piece over the last few days, although I doubt it.

Really need a motivated Adams to turn up today too.

Just now, HarvSFC said:

Got to feel for Bree. Hopefully Manning’s learned not to give his winger the freedom of the city, how to play simple passes and put in a dangerous set piece over the last few days, although I doubt it.

Really need a motivated Adams to turn up today too.

Guessing he's injured. He did look a little groggy when he came off against Huddersfield. I'm not even convinced there's an issue with Adams' motivation. I don't think his head's been turned or that he's not trying...He just isn't very good. He had one half decent season before we signed him but before that, his best at this level was 7 goals.

Just now, RedArmy said:

Only 1 change after a completely uninspiring performance on Wednesday. Brave decision. 

We won the game though? I thought you wern't supposed to change a winning team? (Obviously apart from injuries). Give me an uninspiring win over a 'never say die' unlucky defeat any day.

• Like 1

Pretty standard team. Adams in for Sulemana is obvious, especially as Cardiff are a physical side.

Martin clearly prefers Manning, I'd prefer Bree but it's a big difference.

No doubt RM will be looking for an easier game (more goals) so he can give Dibling and Amo-Ameyaw a few minutes.

4 minutes ago, macca155 said:

Pretty standard team. Adams in for Sulemana is obvious, especially as Cardiff are a physical side.

Martin clearly prefers Manning, I'd prefer Bree but it's a big difference.

No doubt RM will be looking for an easier game (more goals) so he can give Dibling and Amo-Ameyaw a few minutes.

Good points tbf

Martin is an idiot. The two standout weaknesses on Wednesday Adams and Manning starting again. Adams is going to have to start getting into the goal area for the ball and Manning is goiing to have to stop giving the ball away and marking at the back. Personally I can't see either happening but I'd be delighted to be wrong.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

We won the game though? I thought you wern't supposed to change a winning team? (Obviously apart from injuries). Give me an uninspiring win over a 'never say die' unlucky defeat any day.

From one moment of magic against a shit team. Cardiff are a better side. 

8 minutes ago, saintant said:

Typical, Manning plays shit but keeps his place. Bree has done nothing wrong but RM had to shoehorn his mate back in at the first chance.

Manning comes on for a couple of minutes in the last game and tries his best to fuck it up for us by passing to their player and it needed a fantastic Downes invention to stop an equaliser, and yet he's back in over Bree. Don't get it at all.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 2-0 Cardiff City - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic