Saints 4 actual goals vs 0 Blackburn - Match Thread

Convict Colony

Well I think we know that one goal isn't likely to be enough. Blackburn playing with such a high line that Saints should be looking to play over the top for runners. Too often the ball is missed for a safe sideways pass and the run is missed.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, obelisk said:

Well I think we know that one goal isn't likely to be enough. Blackburn playing with such a high line that Saints should be looking to play over the top for runners. Too often the ball is missed for a safe sideways pass and the run is missed.

Are they playing with a high line!? From what I saw when we were on the attack, especially at the end there, they were dropping back into practically a back 9. Never seen anything like it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Edozie is going to be a much better player by the end of this season. Really excited to see how good he can become.

Don’t really understand why he got dropped for Sulemana - offers everything he does and sends to have actually added an end product to his game

1 minute ago, Saint_clark said:

Are they playing with a high line!? From what I saw when we were on the attack, especially at the end there, they were dropping back into practically a back 9. Never seen anything like it.

Looks very compressed to me. Saints preferring to play through the lines so far.

3 minutes ago, obelisk said:

They are not playing with a high line, they are sitting everyone deep.

Smart analysis.

It would be interesting to see the forward pass stat as we look like we're are definitely looking forward more than the Coventry game. Big difference having Downes back. 

Ref is a bit of a prick. Hopefully he sees his mistake when Stu had his shirt pulled and gives us a soft pen.

I need a better IPTV provider. Mine has turned to shit the last few weeks. Just freezes every few minutes, comes up with the ifollow logo then goes back to the stream and keeps doing the same thing. 

I have to keep buying the video pass to watch the game it’s driving me nuts. 

3 minutes ago, The Cat said:

I love reading back through the first half posts at half time for crackers like this.

It was the desired effect.

Bazunu can't keep clean sheets, AA can't score, Downes can't pass, Bednerak is too clumsy, we can't win games. 

Think I've covered everything there.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, The Cat said:

I love reading back through the first half posts at half time for crackers like this.

To be fair this is from a guy who claimed Alphonso Davies was the world best right back, so he doesn’t know an awful lot about full backs 

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 4 actual goals vs 0 Blackburn - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic