Saints 4 actual goals vs 0 Blackburn - Match Thread

Convict Colony

I confidently predict a 1-0 with our goal coming in the 101st minute after a long ball forward cannons off Che's bum into the net.

We will have over 80% possession but Blackburn will have more shots at goal.

The words proud and brave will be used by the manager who will then take offence at Blackmore when he asks him what he had for lunch.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

13 points of automatic promotion, nothing to worry about, just remember the calming words from Roland Ratmuson when we were in free fall from the prem, everything was ok, because they had a plan to get us straight back up. Obviously it kicks in after all the turkey sandwiches been finished, just you wait and see. What’s 13 points all you bed wetters, just five more wins than those above us, no problem 🤢

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Saint Marky said:

13 points of automatic promotion, nothing to worry about, just remember the calming words from Roland Ratmuson when we were in free fall from the prem, everything was ok, because they had a plan to get us straight back up. Obviously it kicks in after all the turkey sandwiches been finished, just you wait and see. What’s 13 points all you bed wetters, just five more wins than those above us, no problem 🤢

10/10 for Roland Ratmuson. It’s hard to choose between that and Rambo Wankerson, so I’ll have to use those pseudonyms interchangeably from now on.

Good work my man!

8 hours ago, SaintBobby said:

Feeling confident. Arma to score. Twice.

You would expect AA to play well against his former team.  I'm just hoping for quicker build up play and some direct, creative attacking to stretch their defence.   Alcaraz to start would lay down an attacking intent - more of the quick, wide build up seen from Edozie and Fraser in the second half v Coventry would also help.

• Like 1

I've disliked Blackburn ever since they used us as a feeder club, could just about live with Shearer and Flowers going there but Jeff Kenna was a step too far. 

Would be nice to get a convincing win

Not many away fans expected, the glory hunters from 1995 have all long since found new clubs, block 43 open for home fans, expect block 44 will be empty as well. 

59 minutes ago, JRM said:

I've disliked Blackburn ever since they used us as a feeder club, could just about live with Shearer and Flowers going there but Jeff Kenna was a step too far. 

Would be nice to get a convincing win

Not many away fans expected, the glory hunters from 1995 have all long since found new clubs, block 43 open for home fans, expect block 44 will be empty as well. 

Kevin Davies too plus they had us over a barrel when they done us for £1m for Stuart Ripley.

im surprised the wokes haven’t protested about the name of the town too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beatlesaint said:

Oh I  can go back to John Bailey for reasons to dislike Blackburn 🤣

Has ANY player ever taken so much abuse for so long as he did?  Certainly remember him getting subbed in one game because the crowd had got to him. But then that was back in the days when we our home crowd was capable of a bit of hostility.

28 minutes ago, redandwhitey said:

didn't he play for Everton when all that kicked off ?

He did while throughout playing for them against us but it stemmed from when he played for Blackburn, think Ossie got sent off up there that day.

”Bailey, Ba-ai-ailey, Bailey come and he wanna go home”

Edit: fanimal said it better!

Edited by TheAlehouseBrawlers

No matter what team, it'll be more plodding around at pedestrian pace, going nowhere, creating little.  It's a home game and we should be looking at putting teams to the sword, but we won't.  There's normally a mistake in one of us, so we'll be lucky to keep a clean sheet.  On the positive side, i think we'll win 2 - 1.

23 hours ago, Convict Colony said:

I confidently predict a 1-0 with our goal coming in the 101st minute after a long ball forward cannons off Che's bum into the net.

We will have over 80% possession but Blackburn will have more shots at goal.

The words proud and brave will be used by the manager who will then take offence at Blackmore when he asks him what he had for lunch.

Sort of bet we can find on Paddy Power. Thanks Convict, accurate as ever.

I'm going for a Cardiff display and our first big win. 5-0. Only got poor odds (40/1), but tomorrow we'll walk away happy even though thread will only reach 12 pages.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Andrew Watson said:

Keep Szmodics quiet and should be comfortable,if we do not it becomes a real battle.

If he finds the hole that Manning will inevitably leave (should he start, which he almost certainly will) he’ll have a field day.

Think this will see a return to the shit early season form - it’s been threatening and we’ve ridden our luck lately. Since Mannings return and Downes/Sully getting injured we’ve been looking a shadow of a solid play-off team. I’m just waiting for RM to tinker with the CB pairing to get JS back in, even though it’s obvious he’s been playing his two best CB’s…could it be tomorrow?

1-2 loss on the cards.

1 minute ago, the boy from saints said:

Hoping for a loss to cheer up those people that think winning most of your home games (often in style) and drawing the aways is not a decent display. Especially with a young, driven manager and a young team of exciting prospects. Honestly. What a miserable bunch of budgies!

Forgot to mention the record unbeaten run of games. How ungrateful are you moaners, especially considering the disruption all the recent injuries have caused to the team.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Saint Fan CaM said:

If he finds the hole that Manning will inevitably leave (should he start, which he almost certainly will) he’ll have a field day.

Think this will see a return to the shit early season form - it’s been threatening and we’ve ridden our luck lately. Since Mannings return and Downes/Sully getting injured we’ve been looking a shadow of a solid play-off team. I’m just waiting for RM to tinker with the CB pairing to get JS back in, even though it’s obvious he’s been playing his two best CB’s…could it be tomorrow?

1-2 loss on the cards.

LOL....wtf?

10 hours ago, LGTL said:

We haven't played Blackburn for 18 years! Last meeting was a 3-0 defeat back in 2005. Fair bit of water under the bridge for both clubs since then. 

Hadn't realised its been that long, must  have missed them whilst moving divisions. 

Last game at St Mary's 3-2 win in Aug 2004 , crowd 27,492, could be same again today. 

• Like 2

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 4 actual goals vs 0 Blackburn - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic