Saints 4 actual goals vs 0 Blackburn - Match Thread

Convict Colony

Frankly any win will suffice but something like 2-1 most probable result. 

I’d like to think we would start scoring more of our chances at some point and that this could be the day for a goal fest - but form suggests otherwise. We live in hope however! 

Having said that I don’t believe AA is shooting over the bar again like the other day twice in one match so AA anytime goalscorer will be my nap match bet! COYS

NB he’s 6/5 anytime and 4/1 first,4/1 last goalscorer.. I think 6/5 is about right as he scores in c 50 % of our games but 4/1 first goal scorer does feel more of a flutter for Christmas and might be worth my tenner., 😇

Edited by gio1saints
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Saint NL said:

I have a feeling that this game will be different somehow.

Not sure if that's good or bad, but it won't be the same thing we've watched over the last few games 🤷

Hm! We've got ourselves in a rut of negative football and without Alcaraz or Sulemana to inspire a more determined approach I don't see how we get out of it especially as Martin professes himself very satisfied and happy with our mid-week performance. Until he stops condoning mediocrity things won't improve. A wake-up calls is needed badly.

We will lose today because honestly Martin seems to have lost the plot and some of the players have stopped listening.

0-3 will certainly be different but probably not in the way you maybe hope!

On 14/12/2023 at 22:35, Convict Colony said:

I confidently predict a 1-0 with our goal coming in the 101st minute after a long ball forward cannons off Che's bum into the net.

We will have over 80% possession but Blackburn will have more shots at goal.

The words proud and brave will be used by the manager who will then take offence at Blackmore when he asks him what he had for lunch.

He certainly doesn't seem to chime with Adam very much these days judging by his arms folded posture at the start of he PC. Adam let him off lfar too lightly and should have gone for the jugular after two pathetic performances this week. 

You're right about Che's bum probably being his best asset in front of goal.

Edited by Charlie Wayman

19 minutes ago, Charlie Wayman said:

Hm! We've got ourselves in a rut of negative football and without Alcaraz or Sulemana to inspire a more determined approach I don't see how we get out of it especially as Martin professes himself very satisfied and happy with our mid-week performance. Until he stops condoning mediocrity things won't improve. A wake-up calls is needed badly.

We will lose today because honestly Martin seems to have lost the plot and some of the players have stopped listening.

Alcaraz has produced very little in the last few matches where he has started

21 minutes ago, Charlie Wayman said:

Alcaraz has all the ability to be a big player but so far he has been a huge disappointment.

Sully is a headless chicken.

I honestly don't think either player is suited to English football

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

I have a season ticket so I shall of course be going. I have a pile of unfinished Sudoku puzzles that, if I’m lucky, might last most of the match.

Good luck with that.  I live week by week waiting for saints to play. So what does that say  about me I wonder.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Totton Saint said:

Will any masochists turn up to watch this match other than season ticket holders?

The average crowds are fairly close to last season and those who attend always seem more positive than the majority on here…

The matchday experience is pretty good  and tbh I’m enjoying it more than for a long while now !!

1 hour ago, Totton Saint said:

Will any masochists turn up to watch this match other than season ticket holders?

Christ, the misery on here is unbelievable. You realise we've won our last four at home?

I'll be looking for an improvement from the fans more than the team. A song for KWP would be a good start.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, LuckyNumber7 said:

Christ, the misery on here is unbelievable. You realise we've won our last four at home?

I'll be looking for an improvement from the fans more than the team. A song for KWP would be a good start.

Maybe  I was a bit harsh.  But having lived on a diet of Terry Paine andJohn Sydenham Ihave been spoilt. Oh and I forgot John McGraph

10 hours ago, SaintBobby said:

LOL....wtf?

It’s true…we’ve been scraping draws with teams that aspire to get into the play-off zone!  That’s not to say RM couldn’t do more with this squad in the 2nd half of the season. Let’s re-visit at the end of the year…maybe we’ll win all the games we’re expected to win?

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 4 actual goals vs 0 Blackburn - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic