Russell Martin snubs Rishi Sunak

Guided Missile

On 11/06/2018 at 10:03, Guided Missile said:

All the politicians, millionaire liberal "luvvies", middle class European sheep and most of the rest, were wrong about Trump. I liked him when I first read "Art of the Deal" back in 1987. Anyone that rubs politicians up the wrong way and is well on the way to achieving world peace, fair treatment for American workers and jobs for minorities is OK by me.

It just shows what a successful businessman can do, compared to a career politician.

I look forward to the Nobel Prize presentation...

Cracking Up Lol GIF by reactionseditor

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, manji said:

Spot on. There’s quite a few videos of Sunak making a twat of himself. A great one of him going into a convenience store. He clearly wasn’t used to handling cash and then when he eventually tried to hand the money over doesn’t realise there a plastic security screen in front of him.

His parents are Saints Supporters but he doesn’t even like football he is a cricket fan though.

I loved the one of him using a hammer. 

newFile.thumb.jpg.f5e289cad7efd796a7b9263443548eb5.jpg

But genuinely, although the lack of knowledge on how to use a hammer is pretty embarrassing, the lack of intelligence to work out the logical way to use an implement like that (by the PM, no less) is thoroughly worrying.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Farmer Saint said:

But genuinely, although the lack of knowledge on how to use a hammer is pretty embarrassing, the lack of intelligence to work out the logical way to use an implement like that (by the PM, no less) is thoroughly worrying.

reminds me of this LOL

giphy.gif

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Farmer Saint said:

Assume your joking? You realise this was fake news? 

18 minutes ago, Farmer Saint said:

Nobody tell Farmer about the full video please. Love the innocence.

17 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Assume your joking? You realise this was fake news? 

Nope, must have missed that bantz - why was it fake news? 

Edit: just looked it up - wasn't aware. 🤷‍♂️

Funniest thing is, I wouldn't ever question that not being true - that's how little regard I hold him in. 

Edited by Farmer Saint

2 minutes ago, Farmer Saint said:

That’s a planishing hammer, the striking face needs to stay flat as it’s used to shape jewellery. He was striking with the side as instructed to avoid damaging the flat surface.

Him or his advisers not realising it was still going to look terrible is still questionable though.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Farmer Saint said:

Edit: just looked it up - wasn't aware. 🤷‍♂️

Funniest thing is, I wouldn't ever question that not being true - that's how little regard I hold him in. 

It was bollocks but absolutely lapped up by some rabid people on twitter. Can we get back to the football on the main board now? 

5 minutes ago, Farmer Saint said:

I saw it in the paper and then never saw anything else about it - wouldn't assume it's not true. 

The the papers are just as guilty of the partisan idiocy. I couldn't give a shit about rishi Sunak. If he wants to watch the football as a fan then great for him. He won't be PM in a few months anyway and will be as forgettable as Gordon Brown's spell in charge. 

I bet he’s one of the nods that calls it Footy. 

Far better when, apart from a few honourable exceptions, politicians wouldn’t go within 100 miles of a football match. Now you have Call me Dave forgetting whether it’s Villa or West Ham he “supports” and Tony Blair pretending he stood on the Gallowgate. It’s all part of the gentrification of our great game. 

As for Lego “how’s that for honesty”, fuck me he loves himself doesn’t he?

Now if it was Penny she deserved a tour round the dressing room immediately after the game, Ala Fiona Richmond…

2 hours ago, The Cat said:

To be fair to him I have heard on good authority that he does actually support Saints. It's not his sporting passion, because that is cricket, but he certainly knows enough and follows results to the extent that you could call him a fan.

Would love it if he had a login on here, ha.

2 hours ago, losgigantes said:

So disrespectful! 

Sunak was a true supporter long before Russell Martin and will be a supporter long after he is long forgotten.

That statement says more about Martin than we need to know but confirms what some of us suspect.

Sport and politics do not mix.

Good evening Rishi me ol' mucker :)

Edited by trousers
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

I bet he’s one of the nods that calls it Footy. 

Far better when, apart from a few honourable exceptions, politicians wouldn’t go within 100 miles of a football match. Now you have Call me Dave forgetting whether it’s Villa or West Ham he “supports” and Tony Blair pretending he stood on the Gallowgate. It’s all part of the gentrification of our great game. 

As for Lego “how’s that for honesty”, fuck me he loves himself doesn’t he?

Now if it was Penny she deserved a tour round the dressing room immediately after the game, Ala Fiona Richmond…

Yeah I bet he's the type that says 'in nets' instead of goal keeper.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, SaintsFan86 said:

Martin was asked a question about Sunak, a random fan. He is never asked about Joe bloggs.

Who gives a F about Sunak... maybe the interviewer should keep the prime minister out of football. 

This isn't  a political sport, so who cares about Rishi.

The interviewer was probably fully aware of Martin’s political stance and knew what he was doing in posing the question.
Martin took the bait, and could (should depending on your view) have given a more diplomatic answer than his opening comment. 

Odd that the same people who say that they don’t give a monkeys about Sunak still find the time to defend him 🤔

This is a lot of fuss about nothing. Martin has one job and that is to manage SFC. His focus is to win football matches, not to suck up to a PM who is desperately trying to appear to be a man of the people despite all evidence to the contrary.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

22 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

Odd that the same people who say that they don’t give a monkeys about Sunak still find the time to defend him 🤔

This is a lot of fuss about nothing. Martin has one job and that is to manage SFC. His focus is to win football matches, not to suck up to a PM who is desperately trying to appear to be a man of the people despite all evidence to the contrary.

Well said. As you’re an expert in trying to appear one type of person when all the evidence points to the contrary you can clearly spot them.

1 hour ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

I bet he’d have talked to Eddie Izzard if she’d turned up on Friday. 

.... and if Corbyn was the PM and had been ignored there would have been no whinging from  the  gammons. 

• Like 3

On 01/01/2024 at 11:09, Lord Duckhunter said:

I bet he’d have talked to Eddie Izzard if she’d turned up on Friday. 

On 01/01/2024 at 12:35, Tamesaint said:

.... and if Corbyn was the PM and had been ignored there would have been no whinging from  the  gammons. 

It's almost as if confirmation-bias exists on both sides of any debate... ;)

• 1 month later...

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2024/feb/03/rishi-sunak-says-his-parents-wanted-him-to-speak-without-an-accent

This is why Sunak was at St Mary's.

Part of a programme was being filmed about him going back to his roots for ITV.

He didn't take time out of his schedule on a Friday during Xmas to watch his team as some people said. It was firmly in his schedule because of the programme which is obviously being made as an attempt to soften his image amongst voters in an election year.

I knew this because my friend is involved in the programme but I was told not to say anything about the show at the time.

Sunak also had the opportunity to speak to Martin in the tunnel but didn't. There was no snubbing done by anyone. 

It was quite funny watching people discuss this for a few pages while knowing that some of the posts were completely wrong.

12 hours ago, The Cat said:

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2024/feb/03/rishi-sunak-says-his-parents-wanted-him-to-speak-without-an-accent

This is why Sunak was at St Mary's.

Part of a programme was being filmed about him going back to his roots for ITV.

He didn't take time out of his schedule on a Friday during Xmas to watch his team as some people said. It was firmly in his schedule because of the programme which is obviously being made as an attempt to soften his image amongst voters in an election year.

I knew this because my friend is involved in the programme but I was told not to say anything about the show at the time.

Sunak also had the opportunity to speak to Martin in the tunnel but didn't. There was no snubbing done by anyone. 

It was quite funny watching people discuss this for a few pages while knowing that some of the posts were completely wrong.

Isn’t that what happens all day everyday on here?

• Haha 1