David Brooks

CSA96

Adds set pieces as well. Terrific signing and could well provide that extra little bit of quality and impetus for the autos. Combined with KWP, Downes, Armstrong and Fraser, in particular, there will be games when we will be relentless. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Convict Colony said:

Ok the saintsweb consensus seems to be he's a baller and exactly what we need on the right.

Hopefully passes and on bench or a start for Rotherham 

He may be a baller but will He cook? 👨‍🍳 🍳🫓

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Cup tied presumably. 

He is, but if he can play the league games either side it frees up another current first team player to go strong in the cup. 

I wanted us to sign him when he went to Bournemouth, has so much quality just needs more game time, looking forward to seeing him play for us. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, egg said:

This lad is quality. Us signing him and Leicester hopefully losing Dewsbury - Hall is going to make the rest if the season very interesting. 

Is that def happening? Still just rumours? Would weaken them massively so I hope it happens 

looks like a great signing assuming we manage to get it over the line, shame there doesn't look to be an option to buy if we go up and it surely adds some complication picking a matchday squad as we have so many loan players?  Maybe we need to turn one into a permanent move now?

https://youtu.be/Lxusx6eAu_g?si=DJGewBOACD-bJ9ST

In depth interview with Brooks 9 months ago on his return. Interesting insight into his journey. Seems a humble and somewhat introverted person who just wants to get back to where he was. I think coming to play in our team right now is a great place for him to do that. If he ends up back at Bournemouth after helping us achieve our goals then fair enough, but the idea of him getting back to full fitness and coming to Saints permanently sounds good to me.

• Like 3

He is a lovely lad. Had a good chat with him whilst he was helping out with a kids summer holiday football camp in Poole a few years ago. 

Told him I was gutted he didn't come to us instead of Bournemouth! 

Edited by Harry_SFC
  • Like 5

50 minutes ago, Harry_SFC said:

He is a lovely lad. Had a good chat with him whilst he was helping out with a kids summer holiday football camp in Poole a few years ago. 

Told him I was gutted he didn't come to us instead of Bournemouth! 

Correct. Comes from a lovely family too. Cathryn and Ian certainly did a good job raising him and Ian actually has a soft spot for Saints after he worked in the city in the 80s. This is a great move for everyone.

Edited by niceandfriendly
  • Like 4

39 minutes ago, niceandfriendly said:

Correct. Comes from a lovely family too. Cathryn and Ian certainly did a good job raising him and Ian actually has a soft spot for Saints after he worked in the city in the 80s. This is a great move for everyone.

Hearing how nice he is just makes me even sadder that he had to go through what he did. Don't get me wrong, you wouldn't want ANYONE to go through that but still.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Pat from Poole said:

Is this to Psycho Killer again?

It worked quite well for Perraud, what with him being French, not that anybody ever joined in 😃

shocking stuff PFP.

Wish i could be like David Brooks

Wish i could be like David Brooks

fafafafafafafafafa

He is a Saint and cancer free

plays on the wing and hates Pompey

Wish i could be like, wish i could be like, wish i could be like, wish i could be like

WIsh i could be like David Brooks fafafafafafa

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

I think that is excellent as his “score a goal or do something special on the pitch song”. 😇

Can’t be singing it as he walks on or heads it out for a corner. Fuck it. Of course we can. It’s even better if it’s just a 3 yard square pass - or similar simple ball - if somewhat ironic. 😃.

Might change the lyric slightly though- either “ don’t you wish you could play like David Brooks” or “ I wish I could play like David Brooks” 

I’m in - if he plays next home match I’m singing it whenever he gets the ball. 😂

Edited by gio1saints
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, gio1saints said:

I think that is excellent as his “score a goal or do something special on the pitch song”. 😇

Can’t be singing it as he walks on or heads it out for a corner. Fuck it. Of course we can. It’s even better if it’s just a 3 yard square pass - or similar simple ball - if somewhat ironic. 😃.

Might change the lyric slightly though- either “ don’t you wish you could play like David Brooks” or “ I wish I could play like David Brooks” 

I’m in - if he plays next home match I’m singing it whenever he gets the ball. 😂

like it

on another note.....Great signing. him on one side and mad frankie Fraser on the other

• Like 3

Would be a major surprise if DB gets to play v Rotherham but would be a nice surprise if he did. Rothwell got a run out first match so if he’s signed and fit it may be on. 

He is Cup tied for the Watford replay so otherwise despite his spoken need to get minutes his next chance to start is Huddersfield 10/2. By which time I’d hope he’s fully immersed in our PB style. 

1 hour ago, pimpin4rizeal said:

Since everyone is ignoring the elephant in the room ? 

Who you dropping to get brooks in the first eleven ?

I think it's more about providing competition. It's up to Adams to keep his performance levels up so he isn't dropped. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

Hearing how nice he is just makes me even sadder that he had to go through what he did. Don't get me wrong, you wouldn't want ANYONE to go through that but still.

Dunno, there are some people I'd not lose sleep over!

A lot of respect for DB though, and look forward to this (if it goes through). Always rated him.

6 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

Yes you would. Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin for starters.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, goodymatt said:

https://youtu.be/Lxusx6eAu_g?si=DJGewBOACD-bJ9ST

In depth interview with Brooks 9 months ago on his return. Interesting insight into his journey. Seems a humble and somewhat introverted person who just wants to get back to where he was. I think coming to play in our team right now is a great place for him to do that. If he ends up back at Bournemouth after helping us achieve our goals then fair enough, but the idea of him getting back to full fitness and coming to Saints permanently sounds good to me.

Footballer interviews are always full of cliches, and PR driven responses - but what a difference that was, it was just like listening to an everyday guy telling us the horror he'd had to go through. Came across so down to earth, very humble and a proper genuine person. Very relatable and refreshing to hear the good news story at the end.

Don't wish what he went through on anyone, to get back to where he is today would have taken some serious graft. Defo. an amazing character with the right mentality.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, LegalEagle said:

Yes you would. Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin for starters.

I would tbf you're right but I'm not sure I'd wish cancer on them. I think with them, it's more the case that I'd just want them gone rather than to actually suffer. I'd be quite happy if either of those two to die quickly and painlessly. Boris on the other hand is another matter...

4 minutes ago, Golac's Cunning Stunts said:

Having seen what that disease did to numerous friends and family I can safely say I would not wish it on my bitterest enemy

Agreed 100%. Anyone who says otherwise must have been very fortunate to have never had it cross their lives.

• Like 3

• Lighthouse changed the title to David Brooks - Official: Signs on Loan

Very good signing as someone else said would have been a good signing in the premier league. Best of all the ones we were linked with this window. Would nice to make it permanent in summer….

• Like 2

Our bench is going to be ridiculous when we are at full strength and now that Edozie and Kamaldeen are almost back it gives a chance to make changes during Feb without making our attack weaker.

Noticeable that our recruitment has focused on British players - probably our best starting XI only has one non British/Irish player and not often we could have said that for a good few years.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dusic said:

Our bench is going to be ridiculous when we are at full strength and now that Edozie and Kamaldeen are almost back it gives a chance to make changes during Feb without making our attack weaker.

Noticeable that our recruitment has focused on British players - probably our best starting XI only has one non British/Irish player and not often we could have said that for a good few years.

Question is, Who is our best left winger option.

I'd say that Brooks and Arma are pretty locked in on the right and through the center 

Excellent. Can't wait to see him play for us. We should have signed him back in 2018 instead of wasting £16m on Ely. Can't believe Bournemouth have allowed him to join us. A great opportunity for both of us. Hopefully we get see him glide through championship opponents while at the same time falling in live with the place leading to him signing for us in the summer to help us next season in the Prem. 

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to David Brooks