Saints 1-2 Hull - Match Thread

trousers

Just now, Holmes_and_Watson said:

Martin has repeatedly said he does not believe in a plan b. Just a better plan a.

Which should lead to 5 half time subs, and everyone with a kick up the rear, after that 45. 🙂

Hull have been a far better version of us. Play out from the back, beat the press with ease, expose huge gaps, create chances.

We can get back in the game. Needs a massive improvement from everyone though. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, benali-shorts said:

Rothwell Smallbone Stu terrible dynamic in midfield. Pedestrian, Rothwell turns like a fucking container ship. 
As for Manning, every time he cuts back they’re all over our CBs denying a pass out. Manning too thick to work it out. Useless. 

I’m prepared to suggest that Manning is amongst the worst 1 left backs that I’ve ever seen play for us.

• Like 2

Just now, Sidney Fudpucker the 3rd said:

Perhaps now people will start realising that Saints aren't going up automatically. 

Don't think anyone on here truly believed we were 

Just now, stknowle said:

I’m prepared to suggest that Manning is amongst the worst 1 left backs that I’ve ever seen play for us.

Certainly gives Danny Fox a run for his money!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gallaghert366@yahoo.com said:

🤣 I started the crusade in 1958!

I was only two months old when the Munich air disaster happened so 58 was bit early for me. Ironically and prophetically my first game was in October 63 when we lost 4-1 to Leeds at The Dell who went on to get promoted with Sunderland. it was the embryonic Revie team.

1 minute ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

Well wide from Smallbone. But at last some decent passing to give the space for the shot.

Before that, we had 3 in the box. Edozie still tries to take on his man.

That's my issue with the lad. Rarely plays with his head up. Skills are like trebles in darts, and the final ball is the double. That lad is all trebles. 

• Like 1

Just now, egg said:

That's my issue with the lad. Rarely plays with his head up. Skills are like trebles in darts, and the final ball is the double. That lad is all trebles. 

I thought, when he came back we'd seen at least some of that replaced with better decision making. But reverting to what he likes best tonight, even when there is some support/ people waiting in the box.

• Like 1

Just now, RedArmy said:

Should have started. 

Form the comments, it looks as though a lot of us looked at that midfield and realised there was no physical presence, capability of control in the side. Now we have Adams and Aribo on there, but needlessly chasing the game.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 1-2 Hull - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic