Saints 1-2 Hull - Match Thread

trousers

Just now, Colinjb said:

The worst bit is, we did the hard work to get to second place, and now are squandering it.

They say the table doesn't lie but we have been In a false position really as not got the results against the top six really 

1 minute ago, Saint86 said:

We need to save our 5 subs and waste 45min just to establish that fact mate. Deano adamant the only thing that is wrong is a lack of running and not the tactics 🤣

It’s the personnel within those tactics that are letting us down.

1 minute ago, Mr X said:

Do you mean a third? 

my stream is a little behind. Wouldn't be surprised. Hull are all over us and when we don't have the ball, defensively we are not all that IMO (all season not just today)

• Like 1

Russell is too worried about pleasing the players and giving 'everyone a start' rather than picking form. The presser hinted at it as he doth protest too much about having to leave people out and banging on about the subs. 

Edited by adrian lord

Hull are playing well, but high risk, basically going for man for man all over the pitch. That's made for people like Aribo and Brooks that are brave to take a touch, not just play the way they are facing. 

We are leaving way too much space between our players though and making it easy for them.

I have to say, Manning is shite and Rothwell was a terrible selection for this match.

Edited by benjii
  • Like 1

Oh, and it was Rothwell there too. A very poor use of MartinBall there.

As I was saying. Good attacking skills. But lack of fitting into the system at its best, to the point we're a bit compromised.

Hull swarming over us. We can;t put passes together, let alone dominate possession. 9 shots with 4 on target for them 2 shots with 1 on target for them.

Anotehr comedy moment from Manning. Again, we didn;t ahve those passing options and both Manning and Rothwell aren;t at the level to cope when pressed.

Russ said after the west Brom game that he didn't mind if we played it out from the back and it went wrong and we concede a few.  I'm assuming he has a plan to retrieve the situation. 

1 minute ago, Micky said:

Russ said after the west Brom game that he didn't mind if we played it out from the back and it went wrong and we concede a few.  I'm assuming he has a plan to retrieve the situation. 

In which case he is a prat.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 1-2 Hull - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic