Saints 1-2 Hull - Match Thread

trousers

3 minutes ago, Chez said:

I said at the start if the season that Hull would be there or there abouts come the end of the season. They have lost  more games than I thought they would to be honest. Look pretty good so far though. We are second best everywhere right now. We need everyone to step it up a notch. Got to be careful not to go too gung ho

In my comedy musing on dog walks with neighbours (one Luton, one Liverpool) I have us in the play offs finishing 4th. Losing to Hull in the PO semi and then we become Swansea next season and for the foreseeable future.

Edited by Winnersaint

Three times in a minute that Bazunu has played the ball straight into an under-pressure Smallbone, who gives it back, who goes long to Edozie. I understand that's what they've been drilled to do, but when it's not working they need to think for themselves and try something different.

2 minutes ago, Chez said:

I said at the start if the season that Hull would be there or there abouts come the end of the season. They have lost  more games than I thought they would to be honest. Look pretty good so far though. We are second best everywhere right now. We need everyone to step it up a notch. Got to be careful not to go too gung ho

Agreed and will not be confident if we face them in the playoffs.

*Hopefully that’s irrelevant 

6 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Alcaraz was poor all season and never looked suited anywhere in this team. We’ve got plenty of CM talent, we just need to find the right combination.

Quite lighthouse, we didn't need another attacking mid in Rothwell.... Wasted transfer that one. Especially as starting him seems to coincide with a totally disjointed starting 11, loss of defensive cohesion, and poor possesion. We needed cover at CDM, or better yet at LB. Alcaraz was more than fine as a squad player at this level.

We are where we are. Martin needs to work out how to rotate the squad without totally unbalancing the team every other game.

And why the hell he's wasting the entire first half to make a change here is mad. We've changed nothing and are getting played off the pitch at home.

Edited by Saint86
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Saint86 said:

We are where we are. Martin needs to work out how to rotate the squad without totally unbalancing the team every other game.

And why the hell he's wasting the entire first half to make a change here is mad. We've changed nothing and are getting played off the pitch at home.

Ah too late...

Horror show from Martin this half.

• Like 1

Slow, ponderous and absolutely no energy. Hull are sat back waiting for their moment and picking us off. When they do they are direct, attack with pace and turning us round so easily.

Option to pass back to Manning there....passed back to Baz instead. A sign of confidence in Manning there.

We're just not passing through them. I don;t know how much of this is Rothwell.  For all the attacking skill he has, I've had some doubts about him defensively.

Meanwhile we give it away and concede another.

What the actual fuck are we doing. Bazunu giving it away time after time. No energy. Manning so shit it’s unbelievable. Slow. Ponderous. Moment movement. And taking ridiculous risks all the time. Bazunu more touches than anyone. All of them shit. This is a team that stands no chance of promotion. Utterly shit 

1 minute ago, Winnersaint said:

It’s not working Russell.

We need to save our 5 subs and waste 45min just to establish that fact mate. Deano adamant the only thing that is wrong is a lack of running and not the tactics 🤣

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 1-2 Hull - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic