Liverpool 3-0 Saints - Match Thread

My punt...

Lumley

KWP THB Bednarek Meghoma

Charles Downes Aribo

Arma Adams Dibling

Any of Bazunu, Manning, Bree, Stephens, Smallbone, Stuey, Rothwell, Mara, Sulemena, Edozie could play though. Depends how many changes Martin wants to make.

Lottery...

22 hours ago, Totton Saint said:

I was just behind the Arsenal goal when their goalie snapes Fishers leg. I went out at 90 degrees to his body. Horredous

Yup. I remember it well. I definitely heard the crack of breaking bone from the Archers Road end.

Right.....based on the fact that "kids never win anything" I've gone for "extreme experience" and our strongest possible line-up.....

Saint Garret (sorry mate - no idea if you've ever played in goal, but we're only playing a bunch of kids)

Hypo  -   Trousers  -  Whitey Grandad   -   Convict Colony

CB Fry - Saint Keef (If my knees hold up!)

Turkish  -   Pamplemouse  -  Holmes & Watson (that maybe two players....they'll never notice)

Sue Whistle (sorry mate - no idea if you've ever played as a lone striker, but give it go. We're only playing a bunch of kids)

For those of you who didn't make this team, you are still valuable members of the squad and I'm sure your opportunity will come.

COME ON YOU SAINTS!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

I want us to go for it, with a couple of changes in players who deserve an opportunity in the cup. Keep the important core players in there - KWP, THB, Bednarek, Downes (if fit).

Lumley
KWP - THB - Bednarek - Meghoma
Rothwell - Downes - Aribo
Arma - Adams - Sulemana

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Saint Keef said:

Right.....based on the fact that "kids never win anything" I've gone for "extreme experience" and our strongest possible line-up.....

Saint Garret (sorry mate - no idea if you've ever played in goal, but we're only playing a bunch of kids)

Turkish  -   Pamplemouse  -  Holmes & Watson (that maybe two players....they'll never notice)

Sue Whistle (sorry mate - no idea if you've ever played as a lone striker, but give it go. We're only playing a bunch of kids)

For those of you who didn't make this team, you are still valuable members of the squad and I'm sure your opportunity will come.

COME ON YOU SAINTS!!!!

I/We made the team...

Stay calm...look composed...epitomise that cool poster style...

Squuuueeeeeee!

🙂

1 hour ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

I want us to go for it, with a couple of changes in players who deserve an opportunity in the cup. Keep the important core players in there - KWP, THB, Bednarek, Downes (if fit).

Lumley
KWP - THB - Bednarek - Meghoma
Rothwell - Downes - Aribo
Arma - Adams - Sulemana

Agree with this team. Don't think he'll risk Downes though but we'll see. 

I hope we go strong for this game - if Liverpool really are struggling for experienced players, then let’s go for it. See how our playing style does up against a decent side. I’m hopeful we can give them a tough game and cause an upset 🤞

Saints to win 2-1. COYR 😇

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vectraman said:

I hope we go strong for this game - if Liverpool really are struggling for experienced players, then let’s go for it. See how our playing style does up against a decent side. I’m hopeful we can give them a tough game and cause an upset 🤞

Saints to win 2-1. COYR 😇

Exactly this for me. Hoping we go pretty strong for this and give it our best shot. 2-1 to us - Adams and Sulemana to score - COYR 🙂

1 hour ago, Saint Keef said:

COME ON YOU SAINTS!!!!

I'm left footed ffs the fans will murder me when I keep cutting inside. 

Edited by hypochondriac
  • Haha 2

Just now, Osvaldorama said:

Drawn against United next round. 

May as well play the reserves tbf. We’re not going through both Liverpool & United.  

3 minutes ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

United at OT if we get through

If we can beat Liverpool, forest can beat man utd. If we go through, it could easily be forest away.

• Like 1

Just now, saintant said:

Not very confident with that line-up. Think RM could have been much braver. Could be a scrappy affair and they'll probably have enough to beat us. Disappointed. 

Probably? 

Just now, saintant said:

What are we not being told about Downes injury?

If he isn't back in the team on Saturday then something is surely up. Martin keeps saying he will be back but he isn't even appearing on the bench.

• Like 1

Just now, Harry_SFC said:

If he isn't back in the team on Saturday then something is surely up. Martin keeps saying he will be back but he isn't even appearing on the bench.

Downes will be back for Saturday I'm certain of that 🙂

• Haha 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Liverpool 3-0 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic